EDIT: Thanks for all the help, folks.... solved!

I've never seen this light before because I always put it on the charger when the red "down to 9%" message comes on.

I've been searching through threads but not getting any definitive answer. So many different answers to sift. I could use a bit of help from a genius, please!

I must have knocked the rapid charger cord off last night, because the PB wouldn't start this a.m. Screen was not dead-black (feint dark grey - this is good, means still some power inside there). I put it on the rapid charger, got one long red light and now I'm getting slow blinking green continuously. Does this mean it's charging and will eventually turn on by itself or do I have to press power button? I don't want to interrupt the charge too soon and drain it out by powering it up. It's been green slow blinking for about half an hour now. What length of time should it take before fully charged, and is there anything I should be doing right now other than leaving it alone? Or... does the slow green blinking mean I should be stack charging at this time? Any help you can give me to clarify this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, S

PS: I actually sent this to F2 "Genius" as a PM since he's so knowledgeable and helpful, but his mailbox is full. LOL Hey, Genius.... clean up your mailbox. LOL
    Last edited by TOphotog; 12-31-12 at 10:44 AM. Reason: problem solved
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-12 09:41 AM
    You must be a Newbie, yes when the pb is turned off and you plug in charger you get one red light and then a green blinking light while charging. When it it stops blinking it is fully recharged.
    12-31-12 09:58 AM
    DON'T try to power it on.
    Let it sit on the charger for at least two hours, longer is better.

Here is a recent thread on the subject.
    Read F2's post where he quotes advice from Mapsonburt.
    12-31-12 10:01 AM
    Don't wait until the battery is red to charge it. To extend battery life, charge your devices whenever you have the opportunity.
    12-31-12 10:20 AM
    Red for a few seconds......slow flashing green while charging......solid green,charge complete.....i usually charge when i hit around 20%,actually let it go very low the other day by accident,it was a bit of a pain to charge again.
    fabio984 likes this.
    12-31-12 10:27 AM
    The LED sequence is the same with any BlackBerry phone whilst charging, when switched off.
    12-31-12 10:32 AM
    Not a newbie, but I've never had a lighting sequence while charging - this is why I asked. Still slow blinking so must be charging. I'm just thankful I don't have a stack charge it as I was planning on having a lazy on-the-couch-by-the-fire movie day today.

Thanks for the help, folks. I started to panic a bit... LOL

@sk8ter-tor: I always thought that frequent charging wears out the battery
    12-31-12 10:37 AM
    The LED sequence is the same with any BlackBerry phone whilst charging, when switched off.
    There's the rub: I never turn my devices off while charging. In fact, never turn them off at all. I live in a world where the clients think they have the right to call you at 11PM for an answer that could easily wait days.
    eaton18spd likes this.
    12-31-12 10:39 AM
    DON'T try to power it on.
    Let it sit on the charger for at least two hours, longer is better.

Here is a recent thread on the subject.
    Read F2's post where he quotes advice from Mapsonburt.
    Thanks, Angus. I did read that thread (in fact, PDF'd it and put it into my Dropbox just in case I'm away and have a dead PB). My PB wasn't completely discharged, and I did have lights so this is why I needed the clarification about charging it versus stacking it.
    12-31-12 10:41 AM
    EDIT: Thanks for all the help, folks.... solved!

I've never seen this light before because I always put it on the charger when the red "down to 9%" message comes on.

I've been searching through threads but not getting any definitive answer. So many different answers to sift. I could use a bit of help from a genius, please!

I must have knocked the rapid charger cord off last night, because the PB wouldn't start this a.m. Screen was not dead-black (feint dark grey - this is good, means still some power inside there). I put it on the rapid charger, got one long red light and now I'm getting slow blinking green continuously. Does this mean it's charging and will eventually turn on by itself or do I have to press power button? I don't want to interrupt the charge too soon and drain it out by powering it up. It's been green slow blinking for about half an hour now. What length of time should it take before fully charged, and is there anything I should be doing right now other than leaving it alone? Or... does the slow green blinking mean I should be stack charging at this time? Any help you can give me to clarify this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, S

PS: I actually sent this to F2 "Genius" as a PM since he's so knowledgeable and helpful, but his mailbox is full. LOL Hey, Genius.... clean up your mailbox. LOL
    Hey, it's like taking the phone off the hook - do not disturb!!!

Genius in some things and not in others.

The old forum warned as the mailbox was getting full - the current setup apparently does not issue such a warning. I wonder how many Congratulatory messages I've missed - damn!

Maybe one of the gifts could be a larger mailbox!
    12-31-12 10:55 AM
    BTW, mods... I edited the title to add SOLVED, in advanced mode, but the title remained the same. Glitch?
    12-31-12 11:03 AM
    @F2: phone off the hook in modern times = don't look at the PC/smart phone/tablet/ etc etc. LOL Shouldn't be around here if you don't want folks to pick yer brain.
    12-31-12 11:04 AM
    I have a playbook and doesnt boot up.
    Showed a red light and then blinks 5 yellow.
    after some tries and usb and blackberry desktop manger, is showing a slowwwww yellow(?) light...
    actually is connect to USB/computer, and connected to the rapidcharger too.
    And the rapidcharger is connected to the wall.

help?
    07-24-13 09:39 AM
    I have a playbook and doesnt boot up.
    Showed a red light and then blinks 5 yellow.
    after some tries and usb and blackberry desktop manger, is showing a slowwwww yellow(?) light...
    actually is connect to USB/computer, and connected to the rapidcharger too.
    And the rapidcharger is connected to the wall.

help?
    If the PB is completely off, the light will pulse a yellowish green light while charging. So I have also thought it was yellow at times. But I think it is charging normally so just wait about 3-4 hours. Once the LED goes to constant on, it should be fully charged and you can turn it on.
    07-24-13 10:08 AM
    Hi Gooseberry Falls, thanks for helping.
    He started up automatic but now shows 0% big battery icon... and doesnt get 1%........?
    07-24-13 10:15 AM
    Hi Gooseberry Falls, thanks for helping.
    He started up automatic but now shows 0% big battery icon... and doesnt get 1%........?
    Does it show the lightnin bolt on the battery icon? Just turn it off and let it charge. It may take a while even to get to 1%. The screen itself and standby takes alot of power so you need to stop any battery drain.
    07-24-13 10:37 AM
    Does it show the lightnin bolt on the battery icon? Just turn it off and let it charge. It may take a while even to get to 1%. The screen itself and standby takes alot of power so you need to stop any battery drain.
    If it booted up I would leave it in standby on airplane mode while charging. The backlight comes on if turned off and charging. At least it standby you can have the screen completely off. Use the wall charger that came with the PB if you can and it should get above 0% after a few hours.
    07-24-13 10:48 AM
    I charged it all night but to see it charging I must put the charger 4 or 5 times...
    ill try with another 2 chargers late.
    07-25-13 04:41 AM
    I charged it all night but to see it charging I must put the charger 4 or 5 times...
    ill try with another 2 chargers late.
    Are you making any progress? Is the % moving up? It sounds like you may be having issues with the spring loaded connector pins? You should try to inspect them or possibly get a new rapid charger. They are pretty cheap these days.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-13 09:01 AM
    its 100% charged. but now i have a cousin playbook doesnt turn on too.
    i plugged the wall charger and the rapidcharger and only shows the battery icon in the screen. the big battery icon with a bolt. and now blinks very slowwwwly yellow(is-it-green?)...
    and after a while he turns on but after the blackberry playbook letters and colors, just shuts off again.
    07-25-13 10:33 AM
    its 100% charged. but now i have a cousin playbook doesnt turn on too.
    i plugged the wall charger and the rapidcharger and only shows the battery icon in the screen. the big battery icon with a bolt. and now blinks very slowwwwly yellow(is-it-green?)...
    and after a while he turns on but after the blackberry playbook letters and colors, just shuts off again.
    It is a known issue with the PB. I rarely let mine get below 20-30% before I put it on a charger. I know it is hard to put down and you want to use it more. Battery has to show bolt when you connect the charger. You have to watch it pretty closely so you don't get into this situation. I don't know why BBRY designed it this way but it is not a good design.

Make sure your screen, Bluetooth, and WIFI is off, too, as that will drain the battery. Just leave it alone and don't keep checking it. In order to charge, it has to overcome any battery drainage.
    07-25-13 11:14 AM
    Be patient and let it charge. It can take several hours.
    If you try to use the Playbook while it is charging it will take forever to show that it is charging and will never completely charge.
    07-25-13 11:24 AM
    After a bb10 error on BlackBerry classic. Many of my apps disappeared, some apps work abnormal, android apps won't work. And it normally show this green light while charging. What should I do?
    06-01-17 10:06 AM