Does anyone find the PlayBook back slippery? I find it slippery when holding in my hands thumb-typing and when sitting on my leg or any angled surface. I bought the Blackberry rubber skin but that is even worse, still slippery and attracts dirt/dust to boot. I was reading about Body Armour but that says it is super smooth too. Crackberry also offers Roots rubber case that looks like it may do the trick, but clunkier. I prefer the naked slim feel. Any ideas?
    01-07-12 07:22 PM
    Does anyone find the PlayBook back slippery? I find it slippery when holding in my hands thumb-typing and when sitting on my leg or any angled surface. I bought the Blackberry rubber skin but that is even worse, still slippery and attracts dirt/dust to boot. I was reading about Body Armour but that says it is super smooth too. Crackberry also offers Roots rubber case that looks like it may do the trick, but clunkier. I prefer the naked slim feel. Any ideas?
    I don't find it that slippery however I have a case on mine most of the time. You should look into buying a real one, *whispers* the skins do nothing. I know how you feel, however I have the Blackberry Convertible Case and it makes a great stand and case!
    01-07-12 07:27 PM
    Thanks I will consider that. But do you know what I really wish? That PlayBook had the same rubber ribbed back as Torch. That would be perfect. If wishes were horses LOL
    01-07-12 07:38 PM
    playbook slippery? have you tried drying your hands? seriously, i dont find the pb slippery @ all and this is the 1st time I've ever heard anyone mentioning. i m using the journal case but even without the pb naked it sits solid in my hand.
    kemj, jafobabe and Hgouck like this.
    01-07-12 10:28 PM
    OP, were you eating fried foods and multitasking on the PB??? LOL
    Never heard of it slippery.
    As far as cases, go look at the C.E.O folio case Hybrid..

http://www.amazon.com/C-E-O-Hybrid-f...bUvbUpU7009471
    yaabeng likes this.
    01-07-12 10:41 PM
    Um yes my hands are dry. The satiny back of the playbook is smooth / slippery. I'm just asking if others have this experience.
    01-07-12 10:44 PM
    Hmm. I tend to use playbook when sitting on couch or chair, so it it hold in my lap. i have to support it with fingers on the bottom, cant just rest it against my leg. it slips. Maybe just me, others may let it rest flat when using it.
    01-07-12 10:53 PM
    I use mine naked and dont find it slippery at all. Brushed aluminum tabs are way slippery.
    01-07-12 10:58 PM
    same here i took of my convertible case and tried it. it's not slippery kinda like it holding it naked. perfect grip
    01-07-12 11:04 PM
    confused, this is like brushed aluminum no? well i guess if its only me with this problem my hands are too dry or something. weird.
    01-07-12 11:04 PM
    Ok so if you sit on a couch, legs crossed, and perch playbook on your leg it does not slip down? That is how I typically use it. Or held in my lap. It slips.
    01-07-12 11:16 PM
    The back is a rubber/plastic compound - although mine is wedged inside of an Otterbox which definitely has a grippy rubber back and edges. Actually, a few weeks ago, someone was concerned it was latex to which his wife was highly sensitive. Brushed metal??? No way.
    01-07-12 11:59 PM
    confused, this is like brushed aluminum no? well i guess if its only me with this problem my hands are too dry or something. weird.
    Brushed aluminum? The back? No, the back is rubbery plastic or something...not sure what it's called but it's definitely not brushed aluminum.
    01-08-12 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD