Has anyone confirmed that any of the OEM cases will definitely put the device to sleep like it does with phones? This is vital to me and will decide if i get an OEM case or go with a Vaja case (which is supposedly confirmed no-magnet?)
    04-16-11 10:37 PM
    this is an excellent question. It would be crazy for this feature to be excluded after like 10 yrs of berry's doing this so perfectly!

it would also be ironic, seeing as how apple just now integrated this feature. ( what a "smart" feature) lol
    Place.of.mind likes this.
    04-16-11 11:07 PM
    Has anyone confirmed that any of the OEM cases will definitely put the device to sleep like it does with phones? This is vital to me and will decide if i get an OEM case or go with a Vaja case (which is supposedly confirmed no-magnet?)
    Yes, all BlackBerry made cases (not skins) will do it (i.e. Convertible Case, Journal Case, Envelope Case)
    04-16-11 11:36 PM
    Yes, all BlackBerry made cases (not skins) will do it (i.e. Convertible Case, Journal Case, Envelope Case)
    Ooo. I did not know this. Thanks
    04-16-11 11:37 PM
    I have a BB curve and I wanted to use a particular case from Timbuk2 but it did not have the magnet to put the BB to sleep. I simply used a refrigerator magnet and it works great. I just received a case for my PB from Piel Frama. It does not appear to have a magnet in it so I will probably do the same when I get my PB next week.
    04-16-11 11:48 PM
    Source? Another member on the forum said that the convertible case does not have a magnet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-11 11:54 PM
    Source? Another member on the forum said that the convertible case does not have a magnet.

I was mistaking the convertible and journal with the sleeve and slip case (which along with the envelope have the power saver)
    04-16-11 11:57 PM
    Wonder if its possible to add your own magnet to the other cases.. I already ordered the convertible.

04-17-11 12:12 AM
    Oh I ordered the slip case for $29.99 from best buy. Hope it's good.
    They changed the price for $39.99 later, but my pre-order price stayed the same.

Think I'd like to get a rigid case too.
    04-17-11 01:07 AM
    I just confirmed in-person @ Best Buy the convertible does not, The leather sleeve does though (tried it last night @ the Launch tour)
    04-18-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD