i'm done with petitions! they do no good! There is one good thing about these petitions! now we have a clear answer to the question when all these apps might come. NOT ANYTIME SOON. as per netflix, and skype.
    03-06-12 04:25 PM
    They put Skype on the Playstation VITA, but have yet to create a PlayBook version. What a huge slap in the face.
    04-26-12 09:05 AM
    Anyone know a Google Chrome extension that sensors the words "Skype" and "Netflix"?
    04-26-12 09:14 AM
    Anyone know a Google Chrome extension that sensors the words "xxxxx" and "xxxxx"?
    I'd like to answer your question, but I cannot see what you are talking about. Let me turn off my web browsers word sensor extension and get back to you.
    brucep1 likes this.
    04-26-12 09:25 AM
    Go to imo.im in the playbook browser and log in with Skype.
    04-26-12 09:39 AM
    How about a little free speach..... I like many have had it up to here with all the Skype and Netfix banter.... However..... Be it on this forum or others, people have the right to post what they like as long as it coforms with forum rules... if you think there are too many threads on this topic them go after the moderators and admins on the forum and not a user simply expressing a point off view.....

As for the topic at hand.... My take on the whole matter is rather simple... Why should Skype or anyone else develop an app for OS 6 7 on phones or PB OS....which by RIM's own addminssion will be orphaned by the end of the year with BB10 being launched.. Granted there will be millions of these older devices out there but RIM's MO is sinply to stop supporting ithem in short order.... With RIM solidifying their hardware and software to work on both devices it should make it more attractive for developers instad of developing an app for serveral eco systems......
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 04-26-12 at 09:59 AM.
    04-26-12 09:49 AM
    does anyone know if the android version of skype has been tested on the playbook yet
    05-13-12 02:05 AM
    Doesn't work (important part 'video' doesn't work)
    Last edited by Oniberry; 05-13-12 at 02:44 AM.
    05-13-12 02:25 AM
    So, yesterday my fairly elderly mother in law was at the point of buying a playbook. She saw mine in use and it seemed to cover all her needs until......, yes, you guessed it.....she asked about Skype.

Result, 1 lost sale for RIM and 1 gained for Apple.

This omission of Skype, is a deal breaker for many and whatever the reason and whoever is at fault it MUST be affecting sales hugely.

We need to know what is really going on behind the scenes on this matter. An official statement from RIM (whatever it says) is long overdue.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    05-13-12 03:16 AM
    Noob or not, if someone can manage to navigate the intricacies of starting a new thread, how can they miss the part that suggests other threads with the same title?

An effective campaign would be to push one petition, not to keep creating them in dribs and drabs and most are probably signing them all...
    05-13-12 12:19 PM
    guys stop dreaming

in 2 years all of us will be in Windows tablets - with Skype

the technical life of a PB is about 3 years, or less
    afterwards donate it to a Zoo so the apes can learn to use it
    like the I-Pad already
    Happy Sunday

elbo likes this.
    05-13-12 12:21 PM
    Sadly, petitions don't work for Playbook owners.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    05-13-12 01:00 PM
    Yep with about 2 million users its kinda hard to form a petition
    with only 5% of the users supporting or even knowing about it.
    last one with did for Netflix only got 6k people to sign it. That is
    nothing to a huge company.
    Once BB10 gets into the mix with the millions of users it will add
    we can start forming petitions and will be taken very seriously.
    05-13-12 01:06 PM
    IF US MILLIONS OF USERS DELETE OUR ACCOUNTS WITH SKYPE ONLY THEN WILL THEY SEE WE MAKE UP A GOOD PART OF THE SKYPE COMMUNITY, Then they might work with us
    05-13-12 10:05 PM
    I will not be getting a bb10 device if it does not have skype or when i get my next tablet. I am just a single customer and RIM does not care if they lose one customer
    05-14-12 04:48 AM
    Lets not give up.Why not send this petition to RIM than to skype communications (Microsoft) instead. RIM trying to gain back market can also have one more great app for playbook.
    05-14-12 05:39 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD