Want Skype on Playbook? Stop moaning and do something about it, I have created this petition and we need to get signatures! Once we have a large amount we can send the petition to Skype and hopefully they will bring the app to us!

Petition: Skype Communications SARL: Bring Skype to the Blackberry Playbook | Change.org

Sign the Petition!
    03-06-12 08:35 AM
    There are 4 or 5 of these skype petition threads already.
    03-06-12 08:40 AM
    After the whole Netflix thing, I don't have any faith in petitions of this type anymore. They just do not work sadly. The companies do not care (in most cases). It is all about money...about investing, pleasing investors, making more money. Why build an app (or "waste" resources building an app) for the underdog when you can use all of your resources building apps for the hottest kiddie device out there (like PS Vita for example)

Personally, I don't care anymore. I enjoy the apps that do arrive for my wonderful PB.
    anon(3460513) likes this.
    03-06-12 08:45 AM
    Why does this need to be brought up again????

Anyone else notice it is the newbs that come in with all this petition stuff?? Seriously enough!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...coming-698545/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...reason-704933/
    OniBerry and anon(3896606) like this.
    03-06-12 08:50 AM

Anyone else notice it is the newbs that come in with all this petition stuff?? Seriously enough!!!

Windows Phone has Skype now..
    PlayBook and BB (non-Verizon users) still left out..
    I read those two threads before and I agree, there is no need for petition. (no offense OP)
    Sad but true...
    03-06-12 08:57 AM
    I agree that it may be unlikely that they would respond to this another petition, but I also realize that taking 5 minutes out of my day to offer support for something I believe in can't hurt. Maybe one day these big name developers will surprise us.
    03-06-12 09:26 AM
    ok that's all fine and dandy, but the Playbook will NEVER have a Skype app, it will have a video chat with Skype integrated in. Should be out early to mid summer before the BB10 phones get released. This is why petitions are NOT going to help.The deal is done already, there just won't be a stupid Skype icon anywhere on the Playbook, it will be incorporated into the existing video chat client!
    03-06-12 09:29 AM
    We could all take your word for it and sit silently and wait on RIM and Microsoft to produce, or we can do like the op and attempt to take action. Either way life goes on and if you don't like these discussion threads then it's probably best that you don't read or contribute to them.
    bobauckland likes this.
    03-06-12 09:40 AM
    Taking action won't do anything... we just saw it with netflix. It's not going to change their minds. Skype/MS and RIM are already making the deals as we speak in the background, so its just a waste of bandwidth to keep creating "MAKE SKYPE" threads...
    03-06-12 09:42 AM
    Taking action won't do anything... we just saw it with netflix. It's not going to change their minds. Skype/MS and RIM are already making the deals as we speak in the background, so its just a waste of bandwidth to keep creating "MAKE SKYPE" threads...
    Mate, to put it bluntly, nobody trusts you, and theres no reason for them to.
    If you want to save bandwidth stop posting in all these threads about how you're in the know and everyone should wait for your predictions to come true, its not gonna happen, because, again, nobody trusts you. And why should they?
    Would you trust anyone who posted on here saying they were in the know and that Skype WAS coming as long as we started as many threads as possible asking for it? I don't think so.
    joelortob, barskin and Jeovex like this.
    03-06-12 09:48 AM
    Mate, to put it bluntly, nobody trusts you, and theres no reason for them to.
    If you want to save bandwidth stop posting in all these threads about how you're in the know and everyone should wait for your predictions to come true, its not gonna happen, because, again, nobody trusts you. And why should they?
    Would you trust anyone who posted on here saying they were in the know and that Skype WAS coming as long as we started as many threads as possible asking for it? I don't think so.
    I could care less if no one trusts me, I'm just stating what I know, and if someone were to step back and look at the big picture, Skype and RIM together working on an app, is bigger than just slapping a stupid skype app together.

Honestly I just want all you skype whiners to shut up already. I wish RIM and or Skype would make the formal announcement already so it will shut people like you and stupid threads about petition this and petition that would END.

WE GET IT, you guys want skype, I'm all for RIM/Skype apps coming out, I personally don't care about skype, but I just want all the whiners to be silenced about it.

Yes I have an inside track, yes he has been wrong a few times, but he's a network developer and has as much information as possible and filters it to me when he can. Believe, don't believe, I really could care less what someone like you thinks or anyone on these forums. I give out the information that I know. Take it with a grain of salt.

If you have a problem with me, PM me... we can sort it out in there.... until then, leave it be that I know something
    03-06-12 09:56 AM
    ok that's all fine and dandy, but the Playbook will NEVER have a Skype app, it will have a video chat with Skype integrated in. Should be out early to mid summer before the BB10 phones get released. This is why petitions are NOT going to help.The deal is done already, there just won't be a stupid Skype icon anywhere on the Playbook, it will be incorporated into the existing video chat client!
    Calm your nerves dude. Seriously.
    joelortob likes this.
    03-06-12 09:59 AM
    For me it's not even about trust. It's very plausible that RIM and Microsoft are working behind the scenes to produce 1'super app'. But CrackBerry is comprised of more information hand just me and you. There are many other users with questions, ideas and opinions that log in every day just like me and you and they have every right to create a post. If there is an issue with said post the moderators come in and shut it down. As annoyed as I am with many futile attempts to get apps on the PlayBook, everyone has a right to be heard. That's what CrackBerry is all about.
    joelortob likes this.
    03-06-12 10:02 AM
    For me it's not even about trust. It's very plausible that RIM and Microsoft are working behind the scenes to produce 1'super app'. But CrackBerry is comprised of more information hand just me and you. There are many other users with questions, ideas and opinions that log in every day just like me and you and they have every right to create a post. If there is an issue with said post the moderators come in and shut it down. As annoyed as I am with many futile attempts to get apps on the PlayBook, everyone has a right to be heard. That's what CrackBerry is all about.
    ok now that is a post I can appreciate. And you are absolutely correct, now, seeing as the OP is a newb.. the right thing for ANY of us (including me) would have been to direct him to the other Skype petition threads, and leave it at that. There is a feature called Search and the OP should be aware of that function....
    03-06-12 10:05 AM
    Ok, let's start acting and stop imploring.
    I'm working on it, as my first HTML5 app.
    I don't know yet how long it'll take, if ever I succeed.
    But I'm giving it a shot and I'm pretty sure others could too, probably even better than me.
    So let us know if you have projects and stop the net pollution !
    ayekon likes this.
    03-06-12 10:11 AM

Insulting new playbook owners is helpful?
    barskin, Gouk and TTBGF like this.
    03-06-12 10:16 AM
    Wasn't there a petition already.... A large one too
    03-06-12 11:20 AM
    ok now that is a post I can appreciate. And you are absolutely correct, now, seeing as the OP is a newb.. the right thing for ANY of us (including me) would have been to direct him to the other Skype petition threads, and leave it at that. There is a feature called Search and the OP should be aware of that function....
    Speaking of Search, CB used to provide the ability to filter what area of the site you wanted to search, so you could at least limit your results to hits from the forums. Granted, it was all forums, but that was better than the situation now, where the only available search scope is all of cb.com. Why isn't there a way to search the current forum? Or am I being blind again?
    03-06-12 11:45 AM
    Speaking of Search, CB used to provide the ability to filter what area of the site you wanted to search, so you could at least limit your results to hits from the forums. Granted, it was all forums, but that was better than the situation now, where the only available search scope is all of cb.com. Why isn't there a way to search the current forum? Or am I being blind again?
    Two search spaces,
    - The white boxed general search under the black links to forums that makes a search against the whole site
    - Te forum-search in the horizontal black menu bar with a down arrow, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" within a forum section.

The second is very helpful too to monitor what you have posted
    cletis likes this.
    03-06-12 12:19 PM
    I'll sign any petition against petitions. Count me in.
    cletis likes this.
    03-06-12 12:47 PM
    Two search spaces,
    - The white boxed general search under the black links to forums that makes a search against the whole site
    - Te forum-search in the horizontal black menu bar with a down arrow, between "New Posts" and "Quick Links" within a forum section.

The second is very helpful too to monitor what you have posted
    Yep; right there in front of me. I never once bothered to read the contents of that bar; just considered it a graphical separator. Sometimes I can be a total user.

Thanks!
    03-06-12 12:56 PM
    I could care less if no one trusts me, I'm just stating what I know, and if someone were to step back and look at the big picture, Skype and RIM together working on an app, is bigger than just slapping a stupid skype app together.

Honestly I just want all you skype whiners to shut up already. I wish RIM and or Skype would make the formal announcement already so it will shut people like you and stupid threads about petition this and petition that would END.

WE GET IT, you guys want skype, I'm all for RIM/Skype apps coming out, I personally don't care about skype, but I just want all the whiners to be silenced about it.

Yes I have an inside track, yes he has been wrong a few times, but he's a network developer and has as much information as possible and filters it to me when he can. Believe, don't believe, I really could care less what someone like you thinks or anyone on these forums. I give out the information that I know. Take it with a grain of salt.

If you have a problem with me, PM me... we can sort it out in there.... until then, leave it be that I know something
    So, to summarise,

- People want Skype and start numerous threads on Skype. Easy enough to ignore if it does your head in.
    - You have anger and ego issues
    - The only person on this forum and likely on this planet who believes you're 'In the know' is you
    - Keyboard warriors make me lol

Carry on
    03-06-12 02:47 PM
    and the reason is...........?
    because BB users only want to chat w/BB users? How about the millions who use skype?
    03-06-12 03:47 PM
    I thought they already had it???

BlackBerry PlayBook to Join Forces With Skype Capability!

just sayin!!
    03-06-12 03:55 PM
    bows to the master
    apologizes for being a new bb user ... God forbid
    03-06-12 03:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD