Hi folks,

I am trying to install skype of my playbook, the working version can be found at this link for download:
    Android Freeware| Android Free Apps| Best Apps For Android|Android APK|Skype Lite Beta - freeapk.com

It downloads into a cpmpressed zip file that needs extraction, but there after I am not sure how to install it into playbook.

Can someone kindly proved a how to guide please? Thanks in anticipation
    07-26-11 10:07 AM
    Have you tried www.imo.im

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 10:09 AM
    User vecharo has screenshoots of app loaded in app player working

your help will be greatly appreciated
    07-26-11 10:10 AM
    I know about imo.im, I would like to install skype lite.
    07-26-11 10:11 AM
    Sorry, I decided not to load the Beta app player...did you try PM-ing the user that had screen shots?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 10:13 AM
    I've done that awaiting her response on how to install but maybe someone else knows and has done so already...waiting game
    07-26-11 10:16 AM
    Presumably, you know that RIM hasn't released Android support yet. Yes, there is a leaked Android player available. Yes, if you read through the various How-To's on this site, you can find out how to install the player, and load applications. One of those applications is a version of Skype - though I don't believe it is fully functional. If you want to go this route, just look through the first 2 or 3 pages of posts on this forum, and spend a bit of time reading the how-to posts.
    07-26-11 10:17 AM
    Presumably, you know that RIM hasn't released Android support yet. Yes, there is a leaked Android player available. Yes, if you read through the various How-To's on this site, you can find out how to install the player, and load applications. One of those applications is a version of Skype - though I don't believe it is fully functional. If you want to go this route, just look through the first 2 or 3 pages of posts on this forum, and spend a bit of time reading the how-to posts.
    would 3 hours reading quantify as adequate time spent reading posts? I have used this site plenty enough to know how its used..thanks..not being funny or anything
    Last edited by sterling_bandit; 07-26-11 at 10:31 AM.
    07-26-11 10:27 AM
    Sorry - didn't intend to offend. In that case, I think the answer to your question is that you unzip the package, copy the apk file to the Download folder on the PlayBook, then use Astro to install it. Alternatively, rename the .zip file to .bar and try side-loading directly to the PlayBook.
    07-26-11 10:54 AM
    would 3 hours reading quantify as adequate time spent reading posts? I have used this site plenty enough to know how its used..thanks..not being funny or anything
    Couple of questions...
    Did you sideload the Android player?
    Do you know how to sideload Android apps?

I've successfully loaded the Skype Lite beta apk...keep in mind that this does not work for video chat...only voice chat
    07-26-11 11:00 AM
    Couple of questions...
    Did you sideload the Android player?
    Do you know how to sideload Android apps?

I've successfully loaded the Skype Lite beta apk...keep in mind that this does not work for video chat...only voice chat
    Hi, I side loaded android player and have been sideloading apps using ddpb. I found the skype lite download link, downloaded it but its a compressed zipped folder and that where I am getting stuck, all the other apps I have installed were apk files, how have you installed it? was it a zipped folder you got on downloading? or do you have a link where I could download the apk file only?
    07-26-11 11:16 AM
    SKYPE APK that works

Access point

Dont it this is the link to the .apk that works....good luck to rest of you
    07-26-11 11:27 AM
    Hi, I side loaded android player and have been sideloading apps using ddpb. I found the skype lite download link, downloaded it but its a compressed zipped folder and that where I am getting stuck, all the other apps I have installed were apk files, how have you installed it? was it a zipped folder you got on downloading? or do you have a link where I could download the apk file only?
    When I installed the initial player on the PB, the file I had was a .zip file. I renamed it .bar and then DDPB found it and installed it. I first had to "show extensions" under folder options, otherwise, renaming the file just put .bar.zip at the end. Once the extensions were being displayed, I was able to rename the file. Hope this helps/works.
    07-26-11 11:28 AM
    If you can't download it to your PC and unzip it was likely just renamed to .zip. Rename it to .apk and then try loading it.
    07-26-11 11:46 AM
    When I installed the initial player on the PB, the file I had was a .zip file. I renamed it .bar and then DDPB found it and installed it. I first had to "show extensions" under folder options, otherwise, renaming the file just put .bar.zip at the end. Once the extensions were being displayed, I was able to rename the file. Hope this helps/works.
    Ditto!
    07-26-11 11:47 AM
    but you cant make calls for some reason??? I'll test receiving and update
    07-26-11 11:51 AM
    but you cant make calls for some reason??? I'll test receiving and update
    Not sure we get access to the PB mic through the Android player
    07-26-11 11:55 AM
    Not sure we get access to the PB mic through the Android player
    the skype lite apk file I found and loaded is written for a phone obviously as during set up, prior to log in, I had to enter my phone number, entered it anyway, just to get past log in screen into, our pb's don't have sims, so I am doubtful it would work even if we could get it to access the pb mic and because its being emulated within android player, its probably denied access to QNX core files that have access to the mic (my warped theory), however if imo.im works within android player, then suitable apk should work, not tried imo.im yet.

I am going to search for the skype apk written for the galaxy tabs or wifi only tabs, I'm guessing we'd have better luck with that as it is not written for a phone but a wifi only tabs.

I will try that tomorrow now, late over in the UK and update. I have better luck in the meantime please update and post link. thanks.
    Last edited by sterling_bandit; 07-26-11 at 05:55 PM.
    07-26-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD