The playbook is as good as any Tablet out there if not better.
    Apple has paid off Staples and Best Buy if you haven't already noticed
    The presentations at their stores!

I've been waiting on the sidelines to see if RIM would pick up the baton and
    Run with it but, WE THE PEOPLE have to do it ourselves.

Also with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, your as complete as you'll ever be.
    Don't forget your micro hdmi cable.

You want Skype and More! Here it is:

Abc television shows
    ABC.com - Official Site of the ABC Network

All the flash games to last a Life Time
    Pac-Man | Play Pickle Games

police scanner in your area!
    RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Another Video Chat app from front to back cameras!
    AV by AIM - Let's video chat!

If you like documentary
    Browse Documentaries | Top Documentary Films

If you like watch Espn, Showtime, Starz and other shows, then this is it!
    Live Channels - Seeon.tv
    07-20-11 12:11 AM
    Welcome to the fight, your points are valid.
    esqlaw likes this.
    07-20-11 12:15 AM
    Ugh... Thanks...
    07-20-11 12:16 AM
    Welcome to the fight, your points are valid.
    On the contrary, "Apple paid of Staples" is just ridiculous. Have whatever opinion you want, but at least try to be reasonable.
    07-20-11 12:21 AM
    When I bought my pb from Staples they had playbooks displayed next to xooms and galaxys, kindles too. That really showcased the superior screen of the playbook. I dont think I even saw an ipad in the store. Im just sayin.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-20-11 12:29 AM
    On the contrary, "Apple paid of Staples" is just ridiculous. Have whatever opinion you want, but at least try to be reasonable.
    If I were apple I'd throw a couple bucks to staples to make sure my product gets the best retail exposure possible. I think he meant legit side deals.
    07-20-11 12:34 AM

I've been waiting on the sidelines to see if RIM would pick up the baton and
    Run with it but, WE THE PEOPLE have to do it ourselves.

Also with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, your as complete as you'll ever be.
    Don't forget your micro hdmi cable.

Abc television shows
    ABC.com - Official Site of the ABC Network

All the flash games to last a Life Time
    Pac-Man | Play Pickle Games

police scanner in your area!
    RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Another Video Chat app from front to back cameras!
    AV by AIM - Let's video chat!

If you like documentary
    Browse Documentaries | Top Documentary Films

If you like watch Espn, Showtime, Starz and other shows, then this is it!
    Live Channels - Seeon.tv

Excellent points! But why not buy a galaxy tab 7 inch which can do all that. It has a great screen, similar battery life, integrated email, calendar, apps, Netflix, movie streaming, tons of apps, and only cost $300. Not to mention you can add memory with micro sd.

And staples doesn't sell iPads.
    Kerms likes this.
    07-20-11 12:38 AM
    No. Just, No.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    07-20-11 12:39 AM
    All I'm saying is Give the playbook it's share of respect as any other tablet.
    It's the best thing going for rim as it goes through it's growing pains with a new OS
    I'm not knocking the IPAD OR XOOM, HP Touch so,
    With it's raw potential, it can become one of the best tablets for many years to come.

That's why the Apple and Other Sources have secretly Bashed the PB Because of it's potential.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-20-11 01:35 AM
    Excellent points! But why not buy a galaxy tab 7 inch which can do all that. It has a great screen, similar battery life, integrated email, calendar, apps, Netflix, movie streaming, tons of apps, and only cost $300. Not to mention you can add memory with micro sd.

Because not all of us are fans of giving google control over everything we do. If we wanted another tablet we would have bought another tablet. Simple as that.
    07-20-11 04:01 AM
    You realize this is the first device that RIM is trying to sell in retail stores?

They don't have enough selling power to get their own "shelf" space so-to-speak.

Apple, on the other hand, does have the clout and sales to get their own little space in Best Buy and Future Shop stores. Their products simple sell and make money for their retailers. Maybe you missed the earnings call from yesterday.

It's all about sales. Staples is not an authorized Apple reseller. When you sell 9.25 Million iPad's in one quarter to RIM's announced "shipped" 500,000 Playbooks, you get to flex your muscles.
    07-20-11 07:49 AM

Because if I buy any Android specific device, Google then has access to all of my e-mail and documents... One of the reasons I bought a BB was to keep Big Brother out of my business... Thank you. (Doesn't hurt that even without being fully updated, this thing rocks!)
    bbeezy likes this.
    07-20-11 07:55 AM
    Thanks OP for the info.

Since you're new to the forum, you'll find a theme whenever you mention something good about the playbook, people that don't even own the thing will come and put you down. If you mention the word apple, Mr.101 is going to come out of no where and act as if you just shot his cat. Welcome aboard!
    07-20-11 08:06 AM
    Because if I buy any Android specific device, Google then has access to all of my e-mail and documents... One of the reasons I bought a BB was to keep Big Brother out of my business... Thank you. (Doesn't hurt that even without being fully updated, this thing rocks!)
    You do know you don't have to use gmail or google docs right? Also big bro & google probably already have plenty of your business already..

@OP iPads aren't in Staples and if Apple had paided Staples for a prime location in their stores then just business. You got to spend money to make money.
    07-20-11 08:29 AM
    [QUOTE=mcront35;6497376]

Might be a good site, but imo is invite only and is not open... who wants to invite me [email protected]
    Schlymer likes this.
    07-20-11 08:42 AM
    If I were apple I'd throw a couple bucks to staples to make sure my product gets the best retail exposure possible. I think he meant legit side deals.
    It would be a bit wasteful considering Staples don't sell iPads....
    07-20-11 08:50 AM
    Because not all of us are fans of giving google control over everything we do. If we wanted another tablet we would have bought another tablet. Simple as that.
    Thats understandable but why give reasons to own a playbook that a 1 year plus old tablet can do and do better. Stick to the playbooks strengths and not websites that have content. Its a very good piece of hardware with monster stats.

That would be a great argument if this were North Korea and google was going to execute your family over emails. How does google have access to all your emails if you are not using gmail?
    07-20-11 10:07 AM
    Apple has paid off Staples and Best Buy if you haven't already noticed the presentations at their stores!
    Can you point me to a Staples that sells iPads? How about one that sells any Apple products? And then, once you finished that, can you explain how Apple paid off Staples to showcase the iPad? Furthermore, can you prove that Apple has paid off Best Buy as well?

There is no reason whatsoever to use blatantly false information to try and make your point.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 07-20-11 at 10:18 AM.
    GSGFlash likes this.
    07-20-11 10:16 AM
    You realize this is the first device that RIM is trying to sell in retail stores?

They don't have enough selling power to get their own "shelf" space so-to-speak.
    Actually at the Staples here in Kitchener/Waterloo, the Playbook does have a shelf and display all to itself (in Kitchener it's as soon as you walk in the door).

Granted that could very well be because RIM is just around the corner, and I can't speak for other markets.
    07-20-11 10:44 AM
    All I'm saying is Give the playbook it's share of respect as any other tablet.
    It's the best thing going for rim as it goes through it's growing pains with a new OS
    I'm not knocking the IPAD OR XOOM, HP Touch so,
    With it's raw potential, it can become one of the best tablets for many years to come.

That's why the Apple and Other Sources have secretly Bashed the PB Because of it's potential.
    This is more of the same, lame excuse for RIM! They don't EVER get it Right! Always lots of potential, but after living through the Storm, Storm 2 and now Playbook failures I'm NOT cutting them any slack! They need to Compete as equals or LOSE!
    07-20-11 10:47 AM
    Apple didn't pay off any store to get them to sell apple products, but what they did do is build a brand and nice fancy looking toys and gadgets to whoo the customers. The playbook to the untrained eye could be mistaken for a picture frame if it was powered off. My best guess is that workers at these stores find it easier to sell apple goods, because they are attractive to your average customer. I think the playbook will get there, when RIM can deliver what it set out to do. The money is the easy part and the customers have proven that they will buy anything, with all the apple crud that has been dumped on the masses.

I think by Christmas the playbook will have all the features and will be on many peoples wish lists. The ipad3 will be out with the iOS5 and retinal display, no flash and, what? Thinner yet. Apple will always take the lions share, but they will not see the same growth as RIM will, when the playbook gets going. It took apple almost a year before the masses even knew what a tablet was, let alone that they need one.
    07-20-11 11:13 AM
    Apple didn't pay off any store to get them to sell apple products, but what they did do is build a brand and nice fancy looking toys and gadgets to whoo the customers. The playbook to the untrained eye could be mistaken for a picture frame if it was powered off. My best guess is that workers at these stores find it easier to sell apple goods, because they are attractive to your average customer. I think the playbook will get there, when RIM can deliver what it set out to do. The money is the easy part and the customers have proven that they will buy anything, with all the apple crud that has been dumped on the masses.

I think by Christmas the playbook will have all the features and will be on many peoples wish lists. The ipad3 will be out with the iOS5 and retinal display, no flash and, what? Thinner yet. Apple will always take the lions share, but they will not see the same growth as RIM will, when the playbook gets going. It took apple almost a year before the masses even knew what a tablet was, let alone that they need one.
    The Playbook is finished. It's been 90+ days now, and it's no better than it was at release.

I don't care what they do to it now. You only get one chance to make a first impression. They can add everything today, and it would still would jsut sit on the shelves. The damage has been done.
    arvindh likes this.
    07-20-11 11:23 AM

imo.im does not do a good job of video chat... it hangs most of the time....

also pretty sick of tired of telling people that flash works awesome and thats why i am using imo.im...

need skype soon..
    07-20-11 08:22 PM
    [QUOTE=ladybam;6498066]

Might be a good site, but imo is invite only and is not open... who wants to invite me [email protected]
    My imo works fine and I was not invited! I believe the invite part only refers to the actual imo messaging service. All other accounts, like Skype, GTalk, MSN etc work fine
    07-20-11 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD