Hello, everyone!
    I bought the 16gb model last week for $200. Very nice deal. I'm pleased with my playbook.
    I'm looking for an inexpensive skin or case that would protect the device when I carry it around with me. In particular, I'm looking at these two...

Amazon.com: RIM Blackberry Playbook Tablet 4 Silicon Skin Cases. CrazyOnDigital Brand Package.: Electronics

Amazon.com: CellularFactory: Blackberry PlayBook Purple Silicone Skin Case / Executive Protector Skin Cover: Cell Phones & Accessories

The reviewers say that they're good, but I don't want to rely on just that. Has anyone here tried those skins? Are there any good alternatives?

Thanks for the help!
    01-01-12 10:26 AM
    Go for the OEM Blackberry genuine leather Journal case at Staples for $19.99 (MSRP: $59.95). I bought four at that price for the other PB's I gifted.
    01-01-12 10:33 AM
    Otterbox.....two drops and still going!
    01-01-12 10:45 AM
    If you want something that doesn't add a lot of bulk, have a look at the oem soft shell.
    01-01-12 10:53 AM
    Otterbox.....two drops and still going!
    I second this. I have the Otterbox Defender and can not fault it.
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-01-12 11:19 AM
    For looks I suggest the OEM journal case and for total protection I recommend the Otterbox. I have both and depending on the day I use either, but the Otterbox gets used 75% of the time
    01-01-12 11:24 AM
    i went for the blurex and love it
    01-01-12 11:57 AM
    01-01-12 12:05 PM
    i use an otterbox now, but i'm gonna be getting a roots tuffskin...i love the otterbox, but i want something i can easily pop it out of to use my charging pod, and i used a tuffskin on my 8520 for ages and plan on getting one for my 9900..i like the feel, and i dropped that old 8520 more times than i can count and that case just bounced!
    01-01-12 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

The otterbox looks nice. I want one. But I don't have $40 to spend on a case.

I just bought this one, though:
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Bla...bUvbUpU6988331

It's a gamble!
    Last edited by commodorefork; 01-01-12 at 12:21 PM.
    01-01-12 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Amazon.com: RIM BlackBerry OEM (Black Opaque) Silicone Skin Case Cover for BlackBerry PlayBook - Retail Package (ACC-39313-301) with rooCASE (Black) Mini Capacitive Stylus: Clothing

It's a gamble!
    Not bad for $11.00, and a roos mini stylus to boot.
    01-01-12 12:22 PM
    Not bad for $11.00, and a roos mini stylus to boot.
    With shipping, it comes to $14.
    01-01-12 12:25 PM
    With shipping, it comes to $14.
    I just placed an order for the Incipio case referenced above for $19.99, free shipping and no tax. I ordered another Playbook, and thought a different case would be nice....the Incipio is a bargain,
    01-01-12 12:28 PM
    I'm wondering, is the Incipio case a hard shell? I can still cancel my order.

edit:
    I found a youtube video for the incipio case. it looks nice! even has a stand.
    Last edited by commodorefork; 01-01-12 at 12:39 PM.
    01-01-12 12:30 PM
    I have a few cases for my pb. The one I use now is the BB leather sleeve. I find that I prefer to hold the pb without a skin and when finished it nicely slips into the really great BlackBerry leather sleeve.
    cathulu15 likes this.
    01-01-12 12:33 PM
    its a combination, the inner case is soft and there is an outer hard shell that goes on, its a really great case, does add some bulk but it isnt overwhelming (or as bad as my trident case for my phone lol). The price is amazing for what it is, my trident case was 30 dollars plus shipping.

here is a video review
    01-01-12 12:39 PM
    The Blackberry one you ordered is made of a stiffer plastic and could probably be considered a hard shell. The clear versions of these are a soft silicone rubber or something to that effect. I have both the black like you ordered and a blue one and a white one. The Black and the blue are hard plastic, the white a silicone rubber. The harder plastic ones will also allow you to slip the Playbook into the neoprene case it came with.
    01-01-12 12:41 PM
    otterbox for me as well. i took the olastic screen protector out of it though and am just using a stick in one. i like it for the overall protection and not so much the function. kickstand thing doesnt really work for me that well.
    01-01-12 12:41 PM
    [YT]youtube.com/watch?v=RyJmrF6EVjE[/YT]
    commodorefork likes this.
    01-01-12 12:44 PM
    i have that one and i love it!
    01-01-12 12:48 PM
    i got the blackberry official siiicone cover.it fits nice but EVERYTHING sticks to it from dust to hair etc.drives me nuts. im looking at a portfolio now.
    01-01-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Amazon.com: RIM BlackBerry OEM (Black Opaque) Silicone Skin Case Cover for BlackBerry PlayBook - Retail Package (ACC-39313-301) with rooCASE (Black) Mini Capacitive Stylus: Clothing

It's a gamble!

i got my brand new otter on ebay $30 free shipping well worth it, while I was waiting on it to come in the mail i was so nervous with my pb only being in the sleve it came with
    01-01-12 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD