Every Since the upgrade, My battery has no Life, or should I say very little life. Is anyone else experiencing this?.. My charge doesn't last anymore.
    08-16-12 05:09 AM
    Which OS have you upgraded to? 2.1.0.840 Beta, or??
    Last edited by OhMyGodDude; 08-16-12 at 06:46 AM. Reason: typo
    08-16-12 06:35 AM
    I have the same problem since the last upgrade(not the beta upgrade). I have a tip for you, disconnect your blackberry bridge, it's working for me.
    08-16-12 07:33 AM
    Hotmail????????
    08-16-12 07:45 AM
    I haven't noticed any difference in battery life with the official .668 update. It's the same as before on my PlayBook.
    08-16-12 07:46 AM
    Battery life is better than ever for me with beta 2.1.0.840.
    daverley and kozmo68 like this.
    08-16-12 08:29 AM
    I have had no issues with the upgrade to .668.

Just before the upgrade came out, I did have a sudden battery issue with real quick battery drain and at the time the posts here in the forum all pointed to hotmail and some of the changes they were making with their servers or something with the .outlook.com changeover.

If you have any hotmail accounts, try deleting them and reading them to the pb. I had an issue after upgrading my hotmail accts to outlook.com that I had multiple copies of calendars (instead of 6 different calendars per each of the two accounts, I had 60+ each)
    08-16-12 08:43 AM
    You can also call rim if within the one year warranty period or debrick and install the previous OS.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    08-16-12 09:08 AM
    I also suffered from serious battery drain with the .668 update. Upgrading to Beta 2.1 took care of that problem for me.
    08-16-12 10:53 AM
    Yes, I have the same issue since upgrading to the 2.1.0.840 beta a couple of days ago.

Started the morning today @ 6:30 with full charge, down to 91% after a few minutes browsing with my coffee before leaving for work, and just a few minutes ago, it started giving me the below 10% chime... sitting inactive on my desk for a couple of hours. No changes from before the beta upgrade in accounts, Bluetooth connections or software. It held charge fine for the last year through numerous betas and official upgrades.

Big battery drain somewhere.

I've plugged it in and removed my mail account (prefer bridge e-mail on the PB anyway) and we'll see if the charge stays. I'll play with settings and see if it eliminates the drain. First time I've had this problem in over a year of PB ownership.
    08-16-12 11:31 AM
    I agree with sagec
    5.5 hours with WiFi on, surfing, email and playing games, and just 50% depleted.
    Much better on this beta 2.1.0.840 than previous versions.
    Very happy
    08-16-12 11:44 AM
    Yes, I have the same issue since upgrading to the 2.1.0.840 beta a couple of days ago.

Started the morning today @ 6:30 with full charge, down to 91% after a few minutes browsing with my coffee before leaving for work, and just a few minutes ago, it started giving me the below 10% chime... sitting inactive on my desk for a couple of hours. No changes from before the beta upgrade in accounts, Bluetooth connections or software. It held charge fine for the last year through numerous betas and official upgrades.

Big battery drain somewhere.

I've plugged it in and removed my mail account (prefer bridge e-mail on the PB anyway) and we'll see if the charge stays. I'll play with settings and see if it eliminates the drain. First time I've had this problem in over a year of PB ownership.
    This whole battery thing is really odd.

I installed the newest beta on Tues. Yesterday, I fired up Osmand and grabbed a bunch of maps. Got my location. Then I opened Ghost Command in a second Android window. No email account installed and no bt connections. Wifi is ON. I have Battery Guru running. Since about mid-day yesterday, I've left it drift into standby occasionally checking. Just now, in 10 hours, I've lost about 3-4% with those 3 apps "running" - that is their windows are open although, behavior at Default. So it went from about 81% to 78% currently.

I've now changed it to Showcase and will report back.
    08-16-12 11:57 AM
    Every since I upgraded to .668, I've had awful battery life. Whereas I could keep a fairly good charge for a few days, My battery now runs down to at least 43% at 4:30 PM after I've taken it off charge at 7 AM. That, of course, is with it just being on standby and no use at all. Before, I could use my PB all day and still have at least 80% left by the end of the day, put it in standby and use it again the next day with minimal depletion.

I've also noticed that the power button doesn't wake my PB up anymore. I have to swipe each time. Unfortunately, I can't go back to a previous OS build. No wonder RIM pulled this OS after it was released. But quoting them, "...this OS will work fine for those who have already upgraded." a bunch of BS! Hopefull, a new OS build is waiting around the corner.
    08-16-12 04:39 PM
    horrible battery life here. I backed it up but wont be able to put the backup on until a new update so for now im just living with it. take it off the charger at 5pm and its dead by 6am sitting on the nightstand
    08-16-12 06:15 PM
    Left in the morning to go to work and had 93%....came home after 8 hrs of being in standby with nothing running and had 4%...before the 'harmless' upgrade might have only lost 4% in standby for that long....
    Todor Ninov likes this.
    08-16-12 07:05 PM
    If anyone is running the 668 upgrade you need to get rid of it. It has been causing numerous issues. Upgrade to beta or down grade to the previous version. Or you can do nothing and see what else this update can destroy on your PlayBook.
    08-16-12 07:11 PM
    Before, I could use my PB all day and still have at least 80% left by the end of the day, put it in standby and use it again the next day with minimal depletion.
    What do you mean by all day and how much use? No way I could get that on any OS. I get around 8 or 9 hours using it 35 or 40 min an hour.
    08-16-12 07:52 PM
    If anyone is running the 668 upgrade you need to get rid of it. It has been causing numerous issues. Upgrade to beta or down grade to the previous version. Or you can do nothing and see what else this update can destroy on your PlayBook.
    I don't know. Mine is running better than ever. No heat, no fast battery drain or any other problem beyond the keyboard lag at times.
    08-16-12 07:55 PM
    Remove and setup hotmail account again helped my battery drain. Must be something with trying to find something from hotmail server since the outlook change over. Can't hurt to try.
    08-16-12 08:13 PM
    My battery life really sucked after the update. I disabled hotmail email sync, and it still sucked. Upgraded to the 2.1 beta, now it doesn't suck.
    08-16-12 08:21 PM
    Are you having any issues with your apps not working on the beta?

My battery life really sucked after the update. I disabled hotmail email sync, and it still sucked. Upgraded to the 2.1 beta, now it doesn't suck.
    08-16-12 08:23 PM
    I notice my battery drains faster on the latest beta
    08-16-12 08:57 PM
    Are you having any issues with your apps not working on the beta?
    Nope. ______
    08-16-12 09:01 PM
    *UPDATE *

Removed native email account and restarted. Battery life is back to normal since last Thursday... I wanted to test it for a few days before reporting in.
    08-20-12 09:46 AM
    *UPDATE *

Removed native email account and restarted. Battery life is back to normal since last Thursday... I wanted to test it for a few days before reporting in.
    That's good to hear in one respect - fixed battery. But, too bad, rim can't get the native email correct.
    08-20-12 12:00 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD