Has this happened to anyone else?

Since the recent update, I have been getting constant media error messages about whatever file not being able to connect with the media player or not supporting the file. It started with video files but now I can't play any of my music either.

Is there a way to fix this or go back to the previous OS version?

Thank you for any help you can give me.....Marlena
    09-17-13 09:57 AM
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Since the recent update, I have been getting constant media error messages about whatever file not being able to connect with the media player or not supporting the file. It started with video files but now I can't play any of my music either.

Is there a way to fix this or go back to the previous OS version?

Thank you for any help you can give me.....Marlena
    I've had my issues since the update but not like this. Try a hard reset of the playbook by holding the power and volume up button until the unit reboots. You may need to do it a few times. If that doesn't work your other option is to wipe the device and reinstall the software to see if that will fix it.
    09-17-13 10:23 AM
    Depending on the age of your PB, you might still call BB support. If you can pin the blame on the OS update you might even get help if the warranty is over.

Good luck in any event.
    09-17-13 04:06 PM
    Thank you both for your responses.

The hard reset seems to have fixed things for now. Everything crossed it stays. I had already done at least 10 regular resets but they only fixed the problem for one play of whatever and then I would have to do it again.

Maybe Blackberry better just leave our Playbooks alone. I love mine so much, would be happy to continue on as is ad infinitum. It does everything my netbook (now collecting dust) did, only faster and much louder. I have a current android phone and Lenovo tablet, which are okay enough but not nearly as much fun and as versatile as the Playbook. Have played with a friend's iPad Mini and found that meh too.

Thanks again.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-18-13 08:36 AM
    Since the update I can no longer watch HBO GO on my PlayBook. Not happy, especially when my family is around with Samsungs and Apples still watching it to aggravate me.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:08 PM