I just thought I would throw in some balance and reason.

Does anyone realize what Windows 1.0 (a shell on top of DOS) looked like after three months?
    It was Microsoft's answer to this whizzy new thing from Apple - a "graphical " user interface....

Just food for thought.

Now.. release the lions!!!

Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-20-11 at 07:11 PM.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-20-11 06:33 PM
    Well Blackjack, I'll have to give you credit, you are definitely not afraid of conflict. I am really interested in seeing where this thread goes.

(opens popcorn and sits back to watch)
    08-20-11 06:48 PM
    Lol...gotta love blackjack. (I've brought my fold-out chair and crispers to watch the lions attack.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 06:51 PM
    I recall that even though it ran DOS apps, you were better off running Desqview if you needed task switching. The Windows GUI took plenty of resources on its own, so early adopters were not coming in by droves. Also, it was common to see apps in the thousands of dollars for a native Windows app.
    08-20-11 06:51 PM
    Well Blackjack, I'll have to give you credit, you are definitely not afraid of conflict. I am really interested in seeing where this thread goes.

Yeah no kidding......pass the beer nuts.....
    08-20-11 06:54 PM

Thanks - I had my popcorn already cooked

Oh and hey I don't cause conflict I beg your pardon - it just follows me around ...this is food for thought, not food for conflict
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-20-11 at 07:12 PM.
    08-20-11 07:02 PM
    I recall my first look at it -I couldn't get it to do anything, on a friends computer - he was so proud. I thought it sucked and very non-intuitive, as he watched me fumble with it, he said NO DOUBLE click, DOUBLE click!

Double click what the heck are you talking about?

Click twice really fast..

Ohhhh I seee......how was I supposed to know that it didn't tell me....

Kinda reminds me of the early reviewers of PlayBook - "so confusing and non intuitive you have to swipe this way and that ... this sucks....etc etc" lol
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 08-20-11 at 07:14 PM.
    SoulBlade likes this.
    08-20-11 07:08 PM
    Thanks - I had my popcorn already cooked

Oh and hey I don't cause conflict I beg your pardon - it just follows me around ...
    Fair enough, conflict is attracted to you, kind of like a magnet.
    chowitzer likes this.
    08-20-11 07:13 PM
    Having to go back to 1985 to find technology to compare to the PB?

08-20-11 07:15 PM
    Fair enough, conflict is attracted to you, kind of like a magnet.
    Now you're seeing it from my perspective ...kind of flattering actually - the power the power... lol
    08-20-11 07:16 PM
    blackjack!
    could it be that you enjoy toying with the immature unintelligent whining crybabies that have had it ingrained into their very fiber, that the more crying they do and the more havoc they create, the more attention they will receive. Could it be that dispatching such a week excuse for an adult human, make you feel like the superstar that you are.
    08-20-11 07:37 PM
    My take on it is that they feel that posting here will somehow force or encourage RIM to do better.

Loyal fans wanting the best out of their sports team, in this case the choosen tech company.

08-20-11 07:44 PM

I think GOOD and PLENTY would be more appropriate.

I gather he has not had enough red meat so far and no new "negative" threads to bait him so he created his own bait. Now we await with bated breath the results.

He did have to reach back pretty far. Maybe we should check to see if Cain and Abel had something even earlier.
    08-20-11 08:18 PM
    I just thought I would throw in some balance and reason.

Does anyone realize what Windows 1.0 (a shell on top of DOS) looked like after three months?
    It was Microsoft's answer to this whizzy new thing from Apple - a "graphical " user interface....

Just food for thought.

Now.. release the lions!!!

Honestly, I find your rational severly lacking. RIM simply dumped the Playbook onto the market in an Alpha version not even Beta. There is no excuse for the plethora of features considered STANDARD by millions of potential customers looking to buy a tablet, which are missing even today on this tablet. Let me put it this way. Apple, Acer, and Samsung are setting the standard and if RIM wants to release an inferior product, which sales and market share clearly demonstrate, then good luck to em'.

Oh yeah, their new phones follow this same line of thought as well. Pathetic. No wonder they are in the position they are in...
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 08-20-11 at 08:39 PM.
    08-20-11 08:37 PM
    Honestly, I find your rational severly lacking. RIM simply dumped the Playbook onto the market in an Alpha version not even Beta. There is no excuse for the plethora of features considered STANDARD by millions of potential customers looking to buy a tablet, which are missing even today on this tablet. Let me put it this way. Apple, Acer, and Samsung are setting the standard and if RIM wants to release an inferior product, which sales and market share clearly demonstrate, then good luck to em'.

Oh yeah, their new phones follow this same line of thought as well. Pathetic. No wonder they are in the position they are in...
    Really? And just what is it about the new phones that makes them "alpha"? What "standard" features are the new BlackBerry devices missing, exactly? Angry frickin' Birds? Oh, the horror!

Your trolling needs help.
    Revord, killa4luv, f1mx and 1 others like this.
    08-20-11 08:59 PM
    Really? And just what is it about the new phones that makes them "alpha"? What "standard" features are the new BlackBerry devices missing, exactly? Angry frickin' Birds? Oh, the horror!

Your trolling needs help.
    Onboard GPS such as Tomom or Navigon, Hulu or Netflix, HBO Go, video editing, iWork similar apps, Go to my pc, etc... I could go on and on about the software. It always amazes me how many have no clue about the amazing software available on mostly iOS and some on droid. It's the hardware that is outdated before they have even been released, genius. Dual-core phones have been out for 6 month now with much better cameras and software that compliments the hardware.

Your denial of the reality of the situation needs help...
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 08-20-11 at 09:29 PM.
    08-20-11 09:25 PM
    OMG! I can't stream movies on my BlackBerry! I can't edit videos! The horror!

Sorry buddy, my smartphone is a tool, not a toy. There isn't one thing that you've listed that I feel the need to do on my phone. Not. One. That's not a denial. It's a fact.
    08-20-11 10:04 PM
    RIM simply dumped the Playbook onto the market in an Alpha version not even Beta.
    I love my Alpha version Playbook. Can't wait until it hits Beta version status. Should be really awesome then. RIM obviously hit one out the park.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-20-11 10:50 PM
    Kevin has an iPhone 4. How about a review iPhone v 9900?

On the video editing side - Rim just bought a company to add this feature.

On the streaming video side - Rim is release the Cyclone BlackBerry TV device which may assist in this.

I feel by the time all this is out iOS fans will be like "we've had that for years!"...

08-20-11 10:52 PM

And the first troll grabs the bait! Good work Blackjack.
    Revord and chiefbroski like this.
    08-20-11 11:19 PM
    Onboard GPS such as Tomom or Navigon, Hulu or Netflix, HBO Go, video editing, iWork similar apps, Go to my pc, etc... I could go on and on about the software. It always amazes me how many have no clue about the amazing software available on mostly iOS and some on droid. It's the hardware that is outdated before they have even been released, genius. Dual-core phones have been out for 6 month now with much better cameras and software that compliments the hardware.

Your denial of the reality of the situation needs help...
    Umm... None of these are apps that RIM writes. They're written by the respective vendors. Most are written as apps because the iPad browser can't run the Flash sites. The reason Netflix isn't on the Playbook yet is because they haven't figured what to charge for it. Netflix is obviously aware of Playbook users trying to use it. That's why they went to the trouble of detecting the browser type and kicking us off.

Also, I have yet to see a single dual core phone that runs software actually capable of using the second core. And don't you just love the battery life of those phones?

...now retreating for cover.
    Last edited by louzer; 08-20-11 at 11:26 PM.
    08-20-11 11:24 PM
    Umm... None of these are apps that RIM writes. They're written by the respective vendors. Most are written as apps because the iPad browser can't run the Flash sites. The reason Netflix isn't on the Playbook yet is because they haven't figured what to charge for it. Netflix is obviously aware of Playbook users trying to use it. That's why they went to the trouble of detecting the browser type and kicking us off.

Also, I have yet to see a single dual core phone that runs software actually capable of using the second core. And don't you just love the battery life of those phones?

...now retreating for cover.
    netflix and hulu both have problems with the licensing of content and canadian servers actually which is more of a problem than anything else i think
    08-20-11 11:54 PM
    I have to agree with you on the onboard gps
    If you want hulu or netflix, pick up a laptop.
    Video Editing Takes a lot out of pc's with dual core and quad core processors (With the proper OS to use these cores)
    I am not an apple user so I am not sure what iwork is
    I do agree that we could use some remote pc apps.
    08-21-11 12:16 AM
    blackjack!
    could it be that you enjoy toying with the immature unintelligent whining crybabies that have had it ingrained into their very fiber, that the more crying they do and the more havoc they create, the more attention they will receive. Could it be that dispatching such a week excuse for an adult human, make you feel like the superstar that you are.
    Lol!
    Hmm not sure, yeah that's part of it I guess, but probably more like it gets boring in here sometimes and I'm amazed by the attention I get by those I stir up simply because...

I love my Playbook! lol
    08-21-11 12:20 AM
    My take on it is that they feel that posting here will somehow force or encourage RIM to do better.

Loyal fans wanting the best out of their sports team, in this case the choosen tech company.
    My take is.. they stopped giving us updates cuz nothing makes anyone happy and THEY TOO are tired of the whining. I think it's out of spite lol
    08-21-11 12:22 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD