Since my work email (POP3) won't sync contacts and calendar with Gmail I began looking for a simple way to do it.

I found this thread here.

That led me to this one which in turn led me here.

Contacts Sync worked like a charm syncing my contacts. The interface is clean and simple to follow. The free version does a 1-way sync and they have a paid version, $25.00 that will do a 2-way. Since I maintain everything on my computer in Outlook this will work for me for now.

As far as my calendar I am using Google Calendar Sync. After installing I first cleared my Gmail calendar and did a 1-way sync from Outlook to Gmail. Once that was complete I changed it to a 2-way sync.

It's only been today but my Outlook, Gmail account and PlayBook are all in sync.

I also turned off PUSH in the Gmail account on the PlayBook and set the sync interval to 15 minutes.
    02-22-12 11:06 AM
    Thanks EDS817

Problem with my Calendar Sync from Playbook Calendar to Gmail

I have setup my Outlook Calendar to sync with Gmail and Gmail propagates the entry to the Playbook. If I make an entry in the GMail Calender if will also so up in Outlook & the Playbook.So that is working fine.

However, if i make an appotontment on the the Playbook it does not make it's way to Gmail hence not further propagate to Outlook

The Playbook has the Gmail Account set to Sync Calendar and the advanced has been tried with both On/Off settings.

An suggestions?
    02-28-12 01:24 PM
    I'm glad to hear it can happen.
    I haven't found any configuration to make changes on the PB show in outlook.
    02-28-12 01:46 PM
    After seeing a few Qs about syncing PB OS2 with Outlook, I've found myself wondering a few times why not just use the Bridge functions that are already "synced" to your BB which is synced with Outlook. What are the advantages of using the native email, contacts and calendar?
    02-28-12 10:18 PM
    One advantage I discovered the other day. My BlackBerry is set to switch off at 11 pm. I was in bed past that time and wanted to check my calendar before going to sleep. All fine on the native PIM. The BlackBerry being downstairs so out of reach, if you asked.....
    I have populated my contacts with a Gmail sync with my BlackBerry and then turned the sync off. I have erased all the confidential information on the native Contacts, just in case. For security reasons, I will not have auto sync of contacts.
    For native emails, I use a gmail address dedicated to rubbish traffic. That traffic lands only on the PlayBook.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 02-29-12 at 01:44 AM.
    02-29-12 01:37 AM
    I've just spent time playing around with this myself. I've found that Google is happy to let you sync your calendar between Playbook, PC (Outlook) and phone for free but wont let you sync your contacts to outlook without paying for their app.

Before all this, I was bluetooth syncing Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Memos over DM between Outlook and phone and using the bridge function to view them on the PB religiously.

I have now got my calendar sync up and running between the 3 devices and my contacts are syncing via Gmail between phone and PB.

Now, I have turned off calendar sync on DM and continue to bluetooth sync Contacts, Tasks and Memos through DM whenever I am at the PC.

Everything is working fine for what is really only a little extra effort.

For those who question why I wouldn't continue to use bridge? After using the new OS2 linked contacts, unified email inbox and calendar app, I would hate to go back to the bridge app (which I LOVED before OS2). The new OS2 integrated PIM apps are an incredible productivity improvement on anything that bridge has to offer.
    02-29-12 02:04 AM
    How did you sync the tasks and memo, please? ( I don't have desktop [SYNC}, have reinstalled OS twice to get it, but no go).

Also, has anyone noticed you can't view pictures with wireless sync on?

thanks so much.
    02-29-12 02:13 AM
    How did you sync the tasks and memo, please? ( I don't have desktop [SYNC}, have reinstalled OS twice to get it, but no go).
    If you mean tasks and memo on the PB? there are none to sync....

I have reinstalled Desktop Manager 6.1 after the embarrassing fiasco that was DM7.....

Setting up DM to 2 way sync between PC (Outlook) and phone requires you to be connected to WIFI and your phone via USB cable. On the left panel of DM is an option for "Organiser" click on that and you will get to the configuration page and from there you tick/untick and configure the sync characteristics of each option.
    02-29-12 02:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD