If Blackberry just did this one thing, I would be almost satisfied:

Update the Bluetooth Bridge to allow us to display and run Z10 applications from the Playbook. It would at least solve some of the issues. I want to open the BB Bridge and run the Z10 applications via Playbook. If the Playbook doesn't have the memory, let us run them on the Z10 and display them on the Playbook. Seems pretty simple to me.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

David
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-18-13 02:53 PM
    It's an interesting thought.. unfortunately I don't think there will be any new development on the playbook at all, it seems they are content to just close the book on it (no pun intended) and move on.. Hopefully we do see a reversal of that opinion, but it doesn't seem likely.
    07-18-13 02:59 PM
    but its not that simple in reality. You have different resolutions on both devices and bluetooth bandwidth isnt that great either.
    07-18-13 03:01 PM
    I wonder, would people be satisfied if there were some hardwired solution...? i.e. micro HDMI cable connecting the two..? admittedly a step backwards but could (in theory) permit the PlayBook to be used essentially as a dumb screen for the Z10.
    07-18-13 03:06 PM
    I wonder, would people be satisfied if there were some hardwired solution...? i.e. micro HDMI cable connecting the two..? admittedly a step backwards but could (in theory) permit the PlayBook to be used essentially as a dumb screen for the Z10.
    to me it accomplishes nothing worthwhile. The PB is a dead product at this point. Any work BB does for it is wasted time IMO
    07-18-13 03:31 PM
    howarmat,

Those two are such minor issues that if BBRY can't resolve them, they have no hope what so ever.

David
    Carl Estes likes this.
    07-18-13 03:31 PM
    It won't make everybody happy, but it will still satisfy some as to restoring the Bridge functionality as we knew it with OS7.xxx

Just being able to get and send and answer emails/texts and such without having to get up and grab phone.

Not to much to ask for is it?

Maybe it is............

C
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 07-18-13 at 04:15 PM. Reason: formatting
    07-18-13 04:14 PM
    There is no simple solution to our PlayBook... BlackBerry will make it hard...

As my professor said, there is a way if there is a will... and there will be always reason not to do things...

Posted via Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-13 11:37 PM
    but its not that simple in reality. You have different resolutions on both devices and bluetooth bandwidth isnt that great either.
    WiFi Direct. Bingo. Not that it will happen, but that would be an easy solution.
    07-19-13 12:09 AM
    WiFi Direct. Bingo. Not that it will happen, but that would be an easy solution.
    right but playbook doesnt have wifi direct right?
    07-19-13 04:42 AM
    WiFi Direct is implemented in software, so it should be possible.
    07-19-13 09:04 AM
    right but playbook doesn't have wifi direct right?
    Correct. And as far as I know neither does the Z10 until 10.2 drops. But if they are developing it for the Z (and other BB10 phones), then should be an easy enough feature to add to the PlayBook.
    07-19-13 09:08 AM
    Correct. And as far as I know neither does the Z10 until 10.2 drops. But if they are developing it for the Z (and other BB10 phones), then should be an easy enough feature to add to the PlayBook.
    You would think providing a lite version of BB10 would be easy....

But adding Wi-Fi Direct (if the hardware could support it) wouldn't really be just a matter of a little patch or new program. Might take them another four or five month to get the OS to work with it... how many PlayBook owners will have either just moved on by them? Or how many PlayBooks would have died from old age...
    07-19-13 02:17 PM