There is an app in the blackberry app world called "simple browser" it says it has the ability to change the user id string. There is a paid version and a free. I think only the paid version will change the user id because I cannot figure out how to change it in the free version.

So my theory is if we can change the user id string to that of a desktop wouldn't this allow us to stream hulu?
    01-03-12 02:34 PM
    There is a thread that explained this. Let me see if I can find it for you
    here it is http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...fe-use-678429/
    Last edited by Hgouck; 01-03-12 at 02:49 PM.
    01-03-12 02:41 PM
    The free version should be updating any time here on App World, they were approved within minutes of each other and so should both be updated soon.

The free version DOES include the ability to set your user agent in it to whatever you desire. Try restarting your PB and doing a refresh of your installed apps to see if it will push the update along. You could also delete it if it's installed and that may show a newer version.
    01-03-12 02:46 PM
    edit* okay how do you change your user id on the free version. i pull down from the top for more options but all it does is pull down the address bar..
    Last edited by rimdiculous; 01-03-12 at 02:52 PM.
    01-03-12 02:49 PM
    okay i figured it out. but unfortunately it does not allow you to stream hulu it just says your platform is not supported.
    01-03-12 03:05 PM
    Hatax, you can ignore my question if it is putting you on the spot....

What are hulu and googlemaps (others) looking for besides the user agent that lets them know this is the pb and not Firefox on my desktop computer?

I tried addressing a similar question to Webmasters sometime last week figuring that they would know what happens on the receiving end of requests from my url entries. I don't think anyone came with a reply.
    01-03-12 04:13 PM
    I would like to know as well.
    01-03-12 04:20 PM
    I believe someone (KermEd, maybe?) mentioned that Netflix looks at the flash version, and can tell from there that it is a playbook.
    01-03-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD