So my wife is a bit crazy and thinks the PB is a Alienware gaming desktop,... however

after about 6 hours of playing SimCity the PB completely crashed shut off and would not start for 30 min.

I though she has fried it, but after 30 min powered back on. No it wasnt beacuse the battery was dead she was playing plugged in at times and when it did start back up it was at 50%.

Assuming it was a over heating fail safe. So just a heads up for any serious PB gamers out there lol.
    10-14-11 09:42 PM
    lower screen brightness
    10-14-11 10:17 PM
    At least you should make up another title just to keep t** away from here.... but thanks for the advice
    10-14-11 10:37 PM
    thats nuts.. i cant believe it crashed
    10-14-11 10:39 PM
    Do you have the PlayBook in a case?

I used mine naked (ahh, the PlayBook without a case) nearly all day and other than having to charge it on the rapid charging dock it was fine.

I find the browser crashes alot if you multi task with Sim City open. I gather its a memory issue. Interestingly with Flash Off, it doesn't crash as much.
    10-14-11 10:44 PM
    I completely stopped playing it, its crazy in memory leakage I won't Play it again unless they update it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 10:51 PM
    I have just emailed them about tre issue, and I hope you all email them too

My message was as follows

"Hello EA,

Thanks for your continuous support to the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and us as owners of it by great high quality games.

Lately me and some others wanted to report that SIMCity heats up the PlayBook till death and eats the battery in a very short time compared too NFS and Dead Space.

A user reported on CrackBerry that his PlayBook heated till max and suddenly went off although it was connected to the power source which means his battery didn't fall to 0, also the PlayBook refused to start working again before 30 minutes of cooling time.

Please fix and update the game EA because if you kept it like this, bad reviews may start on your games leading that people in future wouldn't prefer paying for your apps.

That's the thread link : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hed-pb-660120/

I am [email protected] over App World just for you to make sure I paid for SIMCity and tested it myself and I see it heating the PlayBook up as if frying it."

10-14-11 11:17 PM
    lower screen brightness
    +1000 that is the single biggest contributor to the heating up...
    10-14-11 11:18 PM
    +1000 that is the single biggest contributor to the heating up...
    We should be able o use the brightness we wish not what the games wants. Lol
    they need to fix it, I can't imagine that a 30MV game eats everything in the PlayBook from memory to battery (not HD lol) while 400MB games run smother and save battery x10000 more

10-14-11 11:21 PM
    We should be able o use the brightness we wish not what the games wants. Lol
    they need to fix it, I can't imagine that a 30MV game eats everything in the PlayBook from memory to battery (not HD lol) while 400MB games run smother and save battery x10000 more

The Gameloft games are a bit buggy, the HotGen games have a bug where they slowly eat away all free memory, the EA games (not ported with Marmalade) are nearly Flawless. It's just small vaiations in the coding or in the porting of these things. Tweaks are always needed when launching on a new Platform.

10-14-11 11:25 PM
    Do you have the PlayBook in a case?

I used mine naked (ahh, the PlayBook without a case) nearly all day and other than having to charge it on the rapid charging dock it was fine.

I find the browser crashes alot if you multi task with Sim City open. I gather its a memory issue. Interestingly with Flash Off, it doesn't crash as much.
    no case, naked is the only way , and i can see a random crash here and there, but 30 min or so before it turned on it gave me a heart attack. it didnt do anything no beep no flash led...MAN. well seems to be up and running again so all is good. hopefully they release an update for this game soon.
    10-15-11 12:50 AM
    I ate through fully charged battery playing sim city and star front...didn't have an issue. Did you perhaps have it wrapped in something or laying on something like a blanket which didn't let the heat dissipate?
    10-15-11 02:29 AM
    Nope. She has a pretty neat tablet stand for it I bought. Shes a sim city maniac so ill post an update if it happens again
    10-15-11 08:11 AM
    Nope. She has a pretty neat tablet stand for it I bought. Shes a sim city maniac so ill post an update if it happens again
    Bring a fan with it next time, it will help the PB cool down, but melt from inside

10-15-11 08:20 AM
    Help!

The same thing just happened to me as well

Was playing SimCity on PB for around 3 or so hours when it suddenly froze I tried restarting, didn't work. Then after 5-10 mins it went black, and until now I still can't turn it on.. It's been at least 45 mins. When it 'died; it was plugged in so I'm sure it wasn't the battery.

Any advice?

Thanks all in advance!
    10-20-11 11:33 AM
    Press and hold all three: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown for 10-20 seconds.
    10-20-11 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD