I am now more fully convinced than ever that I have done the right thing by hitching my boat to RIM! The option of having the Android runtime environment along with OS2 is like having two tablets for the price of one! (And a good price I might add!) I actually feel a little sorry for the uninformed and misguided souls out there who spent an awful lot of money on inferior products. The PB is the platform testing ground of the future. Many thanks to the Devs, to the wonderful folks at Crackberry and to the fellow posters who make this fabulous device better every day! Bring on BB10 RIM!!!
    bbfan1040 and malcerie like this.
    03-03-12 11:00 PM
    I wish sideloading was a just a tad more straightforward but yes, it is almost like buying two devices in one.
    03-03-12 11:05 PM
    can anyone give me a link on a guide on how to sideload android please? thanks
    03-03-12 11:08 PM
    can anyone give me a link on a guide on how to sideload android please? thanks
    You dont sideload Android, you sideload Android apps. PB OS2 has a built in Android apps player. There's many tutorials on this forum for sideloading and more on the Android apps available and working.

I don't have the link to the tutorial at hand but here's a pretty big list of tested and working Android apps for PB:http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3-bars-689706/
    03-03-12 11:13 PM
    Just google sideload apps onto playbook and a link to the forum in here will pop up. Make sure hour puter is updated with the latest .net from windows update, and the latest java. The tutorial is fairly straightforward, so if your puter is all updated and you follow the instructions to a tee you should be fine!
    bbfan1040 and egzbuen like this.
    03-03-12 11:41 PM
    Yeah its amazing what you can do with this thing. Just having a little trouble with the ezpdf reader bar. It says it's an apk file when I start to download it off of goodebookreader.com but other then that its awesome knowing that you have the best of 2 really good worlds
    jamestheartist likes this.
    03-04-12 12:20 AM
    speaking of sideloading, any idea when localbar app for OS2 will be released?

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk
    jamestheartist likes this.
    03-04-12 12:44 AM
    speaking of sideloading, any idea when localbar app for OS2 will be released?

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk
    I don't know but that'll be a good one!
    03-04-12 01:04 AM
    The five apps I use a lot are all sideloaded - TweetCaster, Kindle, Marvel, Words with friends and Saavn. The only negative is - I can use only one at a time
    03-04-12 01:28 AM
    I am now more fully convinced than ever that I have done the right thing by hitching my boat to RIM! The option of having the Android runtime environment along with OS2 is like having two tablets for the price of one! (And a good price I might add!) I actually feel a little sorry for the uninformed and misguided souls out there who spent an awful lot of money on inferior products. The PB is the platform testing ground of the future. Many thanks to the Devs, to the wonderful folks at Crackberry and to the fellow posters who make this fabulous device better every day! Bring on BB10 RIM!!!
    That sounds like ad copy from RIM's sales brochure.

Please enlighten us why you think the consumer product you happened to purchase "hitches your boat" to the company that created it? That seems a bit ... overzealous to me

I mean I've been known to enjoy a Big Mac every once in awhile but I don't consider chomping through one "hitching my boat" to McDonalds.
    03-04-12 02:48 AM
    I don't think its equivalent to compare playbooks to big macs. Its more on an investment buying a tablet so I can see why he said hes 'hitching his boat' to RIM.

On the other hand, if you are to buy one big mac and like it, you are more likely to buy another. I'm an example of that and I continue to buy big macs/go to mcondalds so I guess I've hitched my boat with mcdonalds.
    03-04-12 04:13 AM
    Yeah its amazing what you can do with this thing. Just having a little trouble with the ezpdf reader bar. It says it's an apk file when I start to download it off of goodebookreader.com but other then that its awesome knowing that you have the best of 2 really good worlds
    I don't think there is a working .bar of ezpdf reader available yet.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    03-04-12 07:40 AM
    Yeah, what hurd said noballz. Tablets aint cheap and even at 300 bucks I want mine to be expandable and serve my needs for some time to come. And besides, if I'm having a smooth experience with my playbook, what in the f**k does that have to do with you? Me thinketh thou art a troll.
    03-04-12 09:45 AM
    Gadget .NE. "investment".

Except perhaps emotionally.
    03-04-12 10:01 AM
    Well, anybody who gets their emotions wrapped up in their consumer purchases is... .. either very young or needs to get out more. That's all I can say really. Find a girlfriend.
    03-04-12 02:44 PM
    Well, anybody who sits around in their underwear on their computer talkin s**t to people they don't know is more likely the one with no girlfriend.
    joe_bags likes this.
    03-04-12 02:56 PM
    I don't think there is a working .bar of ezpdf reader available yet.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Yeah I got repligo reader. And that's just as good for me thanks
    03-06-12 03:09 PM
    I cannot find the Saavn bar file anywhere. Any ideas where I can get it ?
    04-20-13 10:10 AM
    04-20-13 10:27 AM
    what i love about sideloading is how sideloaded apps update
    really great

and there so few apps that are not working
    yep sideloading rocks

hope we'll soon sideload ios
    04-20-13 10:54 AM
    Sideloading sucks.

There is no guarantee that the apps you find out there will work satisfactorily, and when they do they still work less well than on the real Android.

And you can find Android tabs at the same price and with better specs than the playbook now.

Anyway, using workarounds like sideloading is not something I would call "rocks".
    04-21-13 11:31 AM
    Sideloading sucks.

There is no guarantee that the apps you find out there will work satisfactorily, and when they do they still work less well than on the real Android.

And you can find Android tabs at the same price and with better specs than the playbook now.

Anyway, using workarounds like sideloading is not something I would call "rocks".
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion.
    04-21-13 11:55 AM
    I find those who actually like sideloading tend to be Android fans in the first place... When I want to "tinker" with a device I always pull out ye old Android Talblet and "configure" it to my hearts content... As BB OS is pretty structured... it gives you a feeling of more freedom just sideloading something and seeing the joy when it works....
    04-21-13 01:40 PM
    I find those who actually like sideloading tend to be Android fans in the first place....
    those who like sideloading just want apps they don't have.
    RIM/Blackberry does not fix issues, they find workaround, so you have to sideload
    04-21-13 02:36 PM
    "Sideloading" really rocks! I have to agree on that... first, you don't need to remember your left and right... second, you don't need credit card or PayPal account to do that...

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD