I've searched and no one really explained why the 104 error occurs when sideloading an app. Just to be clear. I have an app on App World (published 2 years ago) and I'm trying to update it and I want to test it on my Playbook first. Again, this is my own app that I created, not one I downloaded.

I use eclipse to create the app. Android coding converted Blackberry file. I've sideloaded through DDPB and through the Chrome Extension. Both having the same result.

I've found something online about it was a Java Runtime error, but it only explains that 104 is Java Runtime, not why it occurs or how I can fix it.

Can someone please help me with this or at least point me in the correct direction on what code I need to change in my app to fix this?

I would rather not have people uninstall then reinstall the app as it has a database I wouldn't like to have removed by doing this.

This all revolves around Blackberry Playbook. I don't have any other Blackberry products to test this.
    Thanks in advance.

Joe
    06-17-14 02:36 PM
    Is the app made for the pb? Do you have Java runtime installed on your computer?
    06-18-14 05:38 PM
    Yes, that's all I have and that's how I started the app. Specifically for the playbook.
    I have Java Development Kit which should have had Runtime also, but I went online and specifically installed runtime again.

Here's some more info: I had to use a different computer, so that may be some issues also.
    I have all my previous keys (CSJ, CSI, P12, CSK, DB) from the original computer backed up.
    I am using eclipse.
    I have used the "blackberry wizard" to download my signing keys from blackberry using my blackberry ID, so I know those are good.
    I copied my P12, CSK and DB files by using the restore option in eclipse.
    - I also found a Keystore reader and checked to ensure that my P12 certificate didn't expire.
    I have exported/signed my APK file with my original Keystore file, also not expired.
    Then I converted to BAR and side loaded and that's where I get the 104 error.
    I have tried DDPB and Chrome BB10/Playbook App Manager to side load. Both with the same issue.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks for responding kbz1960.
    06-25-14 12:47 PM