So I've been on the beta for a while. But only today did I run out of room on my 16 gigger. So i start deleting things. I check in AIR Browser what my storage space is like afterwards... barely any change and I've deleted a few gigs worth of stuff, all sideloaded. So I reboot. The icons of everything I had deleted popped up back on the main icon screen. So I delete again and check AIR Browser again. 3 gigs freed up.

I didn't have this problem until I had the beta and then downloaded a small update on top of it.

I'm not sure if RIM is trying to deter sideloading or if it's a beta issue or what. I guess if anything would deter sideloading, it would be the inability to delete anything you've sideloaded!!

I don't know what's going to happen next time I need to reset, lol I kind of don't want to know.

OK maybe the subject heading was a bit sensationalist, haha I'm sure it's nothing.
    09-26-12 11:43 PM
    Yes they are, but they are only targeting you...
    09-27-12 12:06 AM
    I don't know what happened but don't wipe your playbook.
    When in beta .840 if you wipe you'll loose android player.
    To uninstall apps you can use google chrome extension "playbook app manager", put your pb in development mode and insert your ip (in wi fi) that looks like 169.254.0.1.
    Under "Source" column look at Developer and you'll find out all android apps installed.
    You can also terminate and launch apps from here.

Good luck
    09-27-12 12:45 AM
    Yes they are, but they are only targeting you...
    OMG a conspiracy!!!!

*shakes fist ruefully in the direction of RIM's headquarters*
    esk369 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-27-12 12:48 AM
    I don't know what happened but don't wipe your playbook.
    When in beta .840 if you wipe you'll loose android player.
    To uninstall apps you can use google chrome extension "playbook app manager", put your pb in development mode and insert your ip (in wi fi) that looks like 169.254.0.1.
    Under "Source" column look at Developer and you'll find out all android apps installed.
    You can also terminate and launch apps from here.

Good luck
    Well, I'll wait to wipe it until beta is no longer beta.. i'm always swapping out stuff anyhow, so it doesn't really matter if I have to do a wipe. I suppose the file system may have gotten corrupted somehow.
    09-27-12 12:54 AM
    Dude,sideload "Settings"(available in Good-e-reader). You can uninstall android apps using that
    09-27-12 01:27 AM
    I was in Beta. 840 and needed to swipe my 64gb clean.
    Yes I lost the Android player...how do I get it back?

TIA,

Dylan
    10-02-12 07:52 AM
    Dude,sideload "Settings"(available in Good-e-reader). You can uninstall android apps using that
    Have you got the settings app to work on .840 ? It doesn't work for me on beta. The only way I can remove sideloaded apps on .840 is to uninstall using DDPB
    10-02-12 08:02 AM
    I was in Beta. 840 and needed to swipe my 64gb clean.
    Yes I lost the Android player...how do I get it back?

TIA,

Dylan
    Your PB is probably indicating you still have .840, but as you've discovered, it's now incomplete. Previously, you would go back and whitelist your PB on the Beta Site, and you'd receive a new notification for dowloading .840 again. You might try that. But based on recent Beta Site discussions, I believe RIM has stopped re-sending .840 due to the upcoming public release of 2.1. If you find that's the case, search for previous posts from Dr. Evil and others who have workarounds.
    10-02-12 09:14 AM
    Reloaded and up and running.
    Thanks.
    10-02-12 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD