I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I just can't seem to find the answer...

Is there a way to increase font size of the books in the Kindle app? I swipe down and get a menu with a font picture but that doesn't do it?
    There is a way.. you pay the dev his dues
    02-28-12 07:14 AM
    As far as I know that's exactly how you would do that and it works for me.

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I just can't seem to find the answer...

Is there a way to increase font size of the books in the Kindle app? I swipe down and get a menu with a font picture but that doesn't do it?
    02-28-12 07:14 AM

Swipe down from the top bezel and select "view options". Then a white dialog screen will pop up from the bottom with "Aa" in different sizes. Just select the one you want.

If that doesn't work or its unresponsive, I'd try restarting and possibly reinstalling the app.
    Last edited by barkomatic; 02-28-12 at 07:22 AM.
    02-28-12 07:19 AM
    The problem with Kindle sideloaded as part of the App player is that every time you restart the PlayBook, you need to log-in to Kindle again. Therefore, if you had loaded books when you had wifi at home, but you were forced to restart the PlayBook when you are out, it means you won't be able to use Kindle until you had access to wifi again.
    Not true at all..
    Oh, I see. He must be lying, right?

After initial sideloading and logging in, I've had to log in again on two additional occasions, most recently last night. It started to load the book I had been reading, then the log in screen -- it actually asks you to register -- came up.

Other times I've come back to it and did not have to log in. So it does happen.
    02-28-12 07:53 AM
    As far as I know that's exactly how you would do that and it works for me.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select "view options". Then a white dialog screen will pop up from the bottom with "Aa" in different sizes. Just select the one you want.

If that doesn't work or its unresponsive, I'd try restarting and possibly reinstalling the app.
    That's what I've been doing. And you know what...the strangest thing. The dialog box does open, and all I see are the options for white, sepia, black and brightness. The Box above the color choice is blank...shows nothing. I just assumed it wasn't working.
    So, I just tried tapping on there blindly, and sure enough the font changed, lol.
    My font options don't show ie the Aa in different sizes, but it does work

Might have to re-install it, but eh, it works so may just leave it alone, lol
    02-28-12 08:13 AM
    I'd re install just to make sure.

That's what I've been doing. And you know what...the strangest thing. The dialog box does open, and all I see are the options for white, sepia, black and brightness. The Box above the color choice is blank...shows nothing. I just assumed it wasn't working.
    So, I just tried tapping on there blindly, and sure enough the font changed, lol.
    My font options don't show ie the Aa in different sizes, but it does work

Might have to re-install it, but eh, it works so may just leave it alone, lol
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    02-28-12 08:33 AM
    Oh, I see. He must be lying, right?

After initial sideloading and logging in, I've had to log in again on two additional occasions, most recently last night. It started to load the book I had been reading, then the log in screen -- it actually asks you to register -- came up.

Other times I've come back to it and did not have to log in. So it does happen.
    Same here today.
    03-01-12 10:20 AM
    As far as I know, sideloading only works when using a windows computer. Anyone with a mac is out of luck.
    Not true.

You can get download Playbook Tools, which run under Java, and run in a bash shell in Terminal:

http://crackberry.com/sideload-android-apps-your-mac

Easy peasy.
    Last edited by lcwright1964; 05-25-12 at 01:22 AM.
    05-25-12 01:19 AM
    I have java jre 7.05, the latest version of ddpb and have followed the youtube steps. ddpb recognizes my playbook, i click install, it says done, but nothing on my playbook. Do I need some different java apps? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    06-15-12 11:45 PM
    Did you put the pb into Development Mode - it is under Options/Security.
    06-16-12 12:41 AM
    I bought the PB for the sole purpose of Kindle Sideloading and daily use with my 9900 but Im afraid to say Ive become addicted to side loading. After my first successful sideload; which was made preeeettty easy I found myself installing more and more apps just because they run so smooth probably even smoother than they would run on the native platform, So after starting with a new 16GB PB I've since been reduced to 2GB without music or videos x_x......Time for a 64GB PB

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry Forum App
    06-16-12 12:54 AM
    i did have it in dev mobe, is there any other pb settings i should check?
    06-16-12 11:11 PM
137 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD