So I followed the instructions to Sideload Kindle for Android on the New OS 2.0 and it worked just fine! Signed into my Kindle account on the App and there were all my Archived titles ready for download as I need them. Downloaded the current book I'm reading (on my iPad) and it opened right where I left off last night.

If your waiting for Kindle in the Marketplace, you may want to look into the Sideloading process. It's really quite easy and well worth the time and effort.

Sideloading Tutorial by Bla1ze: http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...oid-app-player

Kindle app: http://www.mediafire.com/?3derjri0iqf77gl
    Last edited by chasvs; 02-23-12 at 07:05 AM.
    02-22-12 09:53 AM
    would be nice for us if you posted said instructions or a link here
    djnshores and sagec like this.
    02-22-12 09:56 AM
    good tutorial by Bla1ze:

http://crackberry.com/how-sideload-a...oid-app-player
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-22-12 10:20 AM
    I also sideloaded the Kindle Apple and it works fine.
    02-22-12 10:21 AM
    As far as I know, sideloading only works when using a windows computer. Anyone with a mac is out of luck.
    02-22-12 10:25 AM
    I did too and it works great. Now I wish someone could create a working .bar for the Hulu+ app
    02-22-12 10:29 AM
    Absolutely agree! I haven't been able to accomplish that feat and would love to know the secret.
    02-22-12 10:32 AM
    Agreed. Kindle on PB works great. Side-loading is pretty easy/straight-forward. And then you add Kindle to your BB (also takes a little extra effort) and you have a nice way to always have a book handy.
    02-22-12 10:35 AM
    As far as I know, sideloading only works when using a windows computer. Anyone with a mac is out of luck.
    I sideload from a Mac all the time. Search the forum and you will find instructions.
    02-22-12 10:36 AM
    you know whats funny is that we get better android experience than most android tablets...and we get real updates...

and also i other thoughts have you notice the OS fells much more smother on the touch??
    02-22-12 10:50 AM
    Wasn't sure about the whole sideloading thing but I went ahead and tried it and yes the kindle app works perfectly. Now, Skype, Netflix and OnLive and I'll be a happy man.
    02-22-12 10:50 AM
    A few questions about android-kindle:

Can you sideload BOOKS? I see the kindle folder on the pb and see the prc files. Can I add books (drm free) to that folder? (edited to add: I see that you can - the pdf files I added yesterday don't show so pdf's don't work but I loaded a prc and mobi and they both showed up)

When viewing my archived items, it there a way to search rather than having to scroll to find something (and, yes, I noticed the fast scroll thingie on the right of the screen) but a Search the archives would be handy.

Thanks.
    Last edited by F2; 02-22-12 at 11:45 AM.
    02-22-12 11:40 AM
    We need a sticky on side loading that includes a list of good apps.
    Nick Burkhardt and jonmark like this.
    02-22-12 11:53 AM
    I'am a new Playbook user only owning one since christmas but i sideloaded kindle and pulse it was very easy and they both work great. The instructions are on the forum somewhere which i followed also there are some converted apps as well.
    02-22-12 11:53 AM
    We need a sticky on side loading that includes a list of good apps.
    list of apps here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3-bars-689706/
    02-22-12 11:55 AM
    A few questions about android-kindle:

Can you sideload BOOKS? I see the kindle folder on the pb and see the prc files. Can I add books (drm free) to that folder? (edited to add: I see that you can - the pdf files I added yesterday don't show so pdf's don't work but I loaded a prc and mobi and they both showed up)

When viewing my archived items, it there a way to search rather than having to scroll to find something (and, yes, I noticed the fast scroll thingie on the right of the screen) but a Search the archives would be handy.

Thanks.
    You can side load books to /sdcard/kindle folder. It accepts DRM free MOBI format. I don't think search function is available.

Anyway, Kindle was one of the reasons I purchased my PB. I stayed with OS 2.0 beta all along since the purchase and it is one of the best Android apps available on PB but not through App World yet.
    02-22-12 11:59 AM
    Okay I must be a moron. I have searched the forums for how to sideload apps with a Mac but have found nothing. I must have searched for two hours. For those out there that have been doing it could you please advise how its done? Thanks a bunch!
    02-22-12 12:34 PM
    List!! I like lists!! Thankyou for the link and Kindle works great
    02-22-12 12:38 PM
    you know whats funny is that we get better android experience than most android tablets...and we get real updates...
    Sorry, but android on the playbook is not a better experience than an android tablet.
    Michel Souris likes this.
    02-22-12 12:39 PM
    Absolutely true.
    02-22-12 12:47 PM
    just sideloaded kindle and pulse, runs nice
    02-22-12 12:49 PM
    I'm curious: what advantage does a native Kindle app have over the Kindle Cloud Reader? I have the Kindle app on my Torch, but the cloud reader works fine on my PB. The cloud reader is a full-blown HTML5 app: you can download entire books to local storage and the cloud reader works fine even when you are disconnected.
    02-22-12 12:53 PM
    I'm curious: what advantage does a native Kindle app have over the Kindle Cloud Reader? I have the Kindle app on my Torch, but the cloud reader works fine on my PB. The cloud reader is a full-blown HTML5 app: you can download entire books to local storage and the cloud reader works fine even when you are disconnected.
    The last time I checked you could download the books to playbook storage, but if you weren't connected to wifi when you try to open the site, then it will not work.
    02-22-12 12:57 PM
    so can you just download the bar files from the list to your desktop computer and avoid the conversion process, then sideload them to your pb?
    02-22-12 01:09 PM
    so can you just download the bar files from the list to your desktop computer and avoid the conversion process, then sideload them to your pb?
    Exactly
    02-22-12 01:10 PM
137 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD