I have sideloaded the kindle app onto my playbook, when it can't connect to Wifi it asks for my amazon username and password. I am going on holiday to greece soon and I want to be able to use my kindle app for reading. Is there any way to circumvent the need to keep putting in my username and password?
    08-08-12 06:11 AM
    Try the 'back' button the see if it removes the login screen. Otherwise, go to settings (probably swipe-down from top) and see if there is an 'offline' mode
    08-08-12 06:38 AM
    When you use the kindle application you will have to login once. afterwards it will never bother u
    08-08-12 06:51 AM
    When you use the kindle application you will have to login once. afterwards it will never bother u
    That's what is supposed to happen, but unfortunately mine keeps de-registering itself like this. Like the OP, this always seems to happen when the app has been closed down and I try to reload it when offline. It loses all settings including background colour and font size. Looking around these forums, lots of people have this issue.
    08-08-12 07:11 AM
    Yesterday or the day before, some folks have posted that the Kindle Web app is now working again. You could try that although I don't know if logging in from a foreign location might cause other issues.
    08-08-12 09:53 AM
    As always, use the sideloaded Android Kindle app. You can load books on your PB, then read them offline with no problem.
    08-08-12 10:39 AM
    As always, use the sideloaded Android Kindle app. You can load books on your PB, then read them offline with no problem.
    I have sideloaded it, but it still keeps asking for the password when I am offline. I can download them to pc and remove the drm and use book reader but it's a bit of a faff to do that.
    08-08-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD