Got the apps on my PlayBook that I wanted on but I have a couple of questions.

Why is it that the apps that have been side loaded not have their own screen?

I have found tweetcaster the best twitter application but when typing a tweet using that the keyboard doesn't come up with SwiftKey word suggestions or change an incorrectly typed word.

I'd also like when I click a link on tweetcaster for it to use the PlayBook browser straight away without swiping from the top and asking it to. Is that possible?

The trouble I had with side loading was down to java not installing. When I used my old laptop I got it working straight away.
    09-01-12 09:33 AM
    Got the apps on my PlayBook that I wanted on but I have a couple of questions.

For the moment, they all run in the same Window. This has been addressed in the latest beta. 2.1 will fix that for you.

I have found tweetcaster the best twitter application but when typing a tweet using that the keyboard doesn't come up with SwiftKey word suggestions or change an incorrectly typed word.

There are a few quirks to be worked out with the Android Player. Mind your spelling in the mean time...

I'd also like when I click a link on tweetcaster for it to use the PlayBook browser straight away without swiping from the top and asking it to. Is that possible?

It may be, in future OS updates.

The trouble I had with side loading was down to java not installing. When I used my old laptop I got it working straight away.
    Keep in mind that the App Player is not a full android system, and it's in a very early stage of development. It will get better (like apps having individual windows) in due time.
    09-01-12 10:11 AM
    This has been added in the 2.1 beta release. Search the forum for instructions on installing it.. that is IF you are fine with installing a beta..

I *guess* Swiftkey is a keyboard implementation and not part of the app.. You have to make do with the PB keyboard and auto correct for the time being I guess..

Not that I know of as yet..

What OS was the java trouble on?
    09-01-12 11:23 AM
    What OS was the java trouble on?
    I think he might be referring to java on his computer. I had to update my XP machine's java to make DDPB work correctly for sideloading.
    09-01-12 11:44 AM
    I tried updating java on an acer netbook running windows 7 and a acer laptop with xp. I got it working on my dell running vista. I tried uninstalling java on the other two and re installing but java would just constantly freeze on installation.

Is it easy to update to 2.1?

Is swype an option to use fur the keyboard?

Overall I'm very pleased with my PlayBook.

Need to fill up some of the 64gb I have now which leads me in to my next question. I use arorrent on on my Samsung galaxy s2. All you have to do is type the name of the film or album and it searches and then you have options to download.

I've downloaded utorrent but it isn't the same. How do I search and then download with that app please?
    09-01-12 01:45 PM
    I think the main issue I have with the Android player (in 2.0) is that it doesn't take full advantage of the PB keyboard. The predictive text feature (a-la SwiftKey) is not available in the Android Player. Hopefully that is something that can be added in 2.1+. I haven't loaded 2.1 yet, so other than knowing Android apps run in their own window, I'm not sure what other AP changes have been added.
    09-01-12 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD