I keep trying to side load a book it's a epub and the way I'm side loading it is plugging in my playbook and using blackberry desktop software and just dragging and dropping it into the books folder but when I do this and I go to load it into my library it says no books loaded am In doing this right I cant figure it out.
    07-08-13 05:05 PM
    Others will reply as well, but can you see your epub using one of the file managers? My books are in accounts/1000/shared/books

Also, I use a Droobox account and the Files & Folders app to move almost everything around. Using tbe PC, I place my epub into Dropbox, then use the Playbook app to go and get it and cut and paste it into the books folder.
    Good luck!
    07-08-13 05:25 PM
    I keep trying to side load a book it's a epub and the way I'm side loading it is plugging in my playbook and using blackberry desktop software and just dragging and dropping it into the books folder but when I do this and I go to load it into my library it says no books loaded am In doing this right I cant figure it out.
    Ok what you're describing isn't sideloading you're just using desktop manager/ software to get the books onto your PB.
    What book reader do you have that you are trying to find the book in?
    Also is the epub you have a protected copyright version this is one a host of reasons why you can't find it.
    Check in or try placing the epub in the downloads folder.
    Check in you Docs To Go folder and your File Manager folder on the PB its maybe there.
    Check out Playepub Book Reader, you can sync it with your email and all you have to do is send the epub to your email and it will sync to epub reader on your PB and download the book.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 05:26 PM
    What app are you using to read the books? If you're using Kobo, I'm not sure that you can manually load books into it. If you're using Kindle, books should be placed in the misc/android/kindle folder.
    07-08-13 05:28 PM
    What app are you using to read the books? If you're using Kobo, I'm not sure that you can manually load books into it. If you're using Kindle, books should be placed in the misc/android/kindle folder.
    Pacoman, my understanding is that the sideloaded Android Kobo app will accept manual uploads. I use Moon Reader + sideloaded and like it a little more than the native Book Reader.
    07-08-13 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies I figured it out I was using the wrong folder and I'm using moon reader but am going to try to use kindle because I like the layout more.
    07-08-13 06:50 PM
    I just did that and I did kindle sync and no books show up.
    07-08-13 07:01 PM
    Will the Kindle app accet epubs or only mobi?

Calibre on your pc will convert your epubs to mobi.
    07-08-13 08:11 PM
    Kindle app, only uses. mobi!

Calibre is a great tool!

BB10, Z10
    07-08-13 08:16 PM
    Mobi or PRC books. Mine are as indicated in the folder mentioned above. Both books I've manually moved there as well as some that I did sync with my account.
    07-08-13 09:35 PM