So I had sided loaded a hand full of apps using USB cable but decided to try it with just wireless. I'm not sure what the configuration requirements are but I can tell you have file sharing on and wireless file sharing on with no password.

When I fired up DDPBinstaller 1.08, I put the pb's actual IP in instead of the 169 address created by the usb connection.

The results were good and the apps installed with out issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-12 08:01 AM
    Are you saying that you were not in developer mode? Seems like you would have to point to a folder.
    02-27-12 08:15 AM
    Are you saying that you were not in developer mode? Seems like you would have to point to a folder.
    Sorry, all the other rules still apply. You still need to be in developer mode.
    02-27-12 08:16 AM
    Is this with the developer beta, or will sideloading work with the official update. I have quite a few converted bar files I would like to try.
    02-27-12 09:20 AM
    So I had sided loaded a hand full of apps using USB cable but decided to try it with just wireless. I'm not sure what the configuration requirements are but I can tell you have file sharing on and wireless file sharing on with no password.

When I fired up DDPBinstaller 1.08, I put the pb's actual IP in instead of the 169 address created by the usb connection.

The results were good and the apps installed with out issue.
    I have been doing this for a while now.
    02-27-12 09:28 AM
    Also using DDPB 1.08 (PB in developer mode) and must have actual IPV4 Network address of the PB (something like 10.x.x.xx). Totally eliminates the need for BBHTool!
    02-27-12 09:41 AM
    Yeah, It works just fine.... Even I am doing it for a while now...

These are the steps :
    1. Put PB in Developer Mode.
    2. Find IP Address of the Playbook (not the one stated in Developer Mode starting with 169.254.x.x - I simply go to Settings -> about - > network and find IPv4 Address )
    3. Open DDPB installer, add files, check the ones you want to Install
    4. Enter Playbook's IP address & Password
    5. Click on Install....
    6. Enjoy

(Make sure your PC and PB are on the SAME NETWORK, Best way to Check this is By going to Network and Sharing Center and Checking Devices on Current Network, you should see PB Listed there)
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-12 09:48 AM
    Is this with the developer beta, or will sideloading work with the official update. I have quite a few converted bar files I would like to try.
    Lots of people got sideloading working fine since official 2.0 coming out (including me ).
    02-27-12 10:02 AM
    THANKS. I have asked this wifi question in two other threads since I thought I had read it was possible but did not get any replies. Just worked fine.
    02-27-12 11:04 AM
    Thanks so much for the info!
    Gonna give it a shot.
    02-27-12 11:08 AM
    Thanks, I had to go upstairs and connect to my desktop. If I can only figure out how to drag apk files, I could sign and then load them. Using the signing tool you have to drag them in. Can't do it so far with remote desktop. I did load a bar file using remote desktop, very nice.
    02-27-12 12:49 PM
    i eager to try when the playbook shown in the network , and it works, thanks a lot ...
    01-29-14 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD