Hi all,
    I am new to forums, so if my etiquette is incorrect, i apologize. Here are the steps i followed to sideload kindle.
    1 - download and install java jre 7.05
    2 - download and install ddpb
    3 - turn on development mode on my pb
    4 - download kindle.bar
    5 - plug in pb, ddpb recognizes the ip address ( same as on pb ) enter password
    6 - click add and click on the kindle .bar file
    7 - hit install, then a window pops up and says done,
    the problem is, it is nowhere to be found on my pb.
    I've watched 3 different youtube vids (older version of ddpb ) and followed all of the steps, any help would be greatly appreciated
    06-17-12 04:26 PM
    What OS are you running? You can check to see if it installed by downloading Ghost Commander from app world. Open Ghost, and from the home screen, tap "applications". Scroll down and look for Amazon Kindle. If it's there, tap on it, then on Shortcuts, then Kindle-Main. This should launch the application.
    meaghs1 likes this.
    06-17-12 05:12 PM
    PB 2.01
    COMPUTER WIN 7
    Thanks, as soon as i get home i'll give it a shot
    06-17-12 05:37 PM
    Make sure that DDPD is running as administrator, when you right click icon --> properties -->compatibility tab --> check the little box -->Run As Administrator
    06-17-12 06:09 PM
    thanks, i'll let you know how it works
    Last edited by meaghs1; 06-17-12 at 06:40 PM. Reason: wrong response
    06-17-12 06:38 PM
    Scroll down, the icon is off the screen?
    06-17-12 06:43 PM
    no, i checked all 3 three screens of icon, but thanks for the suggestion
    06-17-12 06:47 PM
    What OS are you running? You can check to see if it installed by downloading Ghost Commander from app world. Open Ghost, and from the home screen, tap "applications". Scroll down and look for Amazon Kindle. If it's there, tap on it, then on Shortcuts, then Kindle-Main. This should launch the application.
    i looked with ghost and it's not on my pb
    06-17-12 08:07 PM
    Make sure that DDPD is running as administrator, when you right click icon --> properties -->compatibility tab --> check the little box -->Run As Administrator
    i changed it to admin and i still can't get it, i tried to sideload google maps also
    06-17-12 08:14 PM
    i changed it to admin and i still can't get it, i tried to sideload google maps also
    I don't know if it might make a difference or not but I,m wondering if a firewall could be blocking something during the installation, or virus scan, or if it's a java problem, I wish I could be more help, is this your first attempt at sideloading, have you been successful at this before.
    06-17-12 08:33 PM
    Maybe try installing through wifi. The process is the same, you just don't connect your PB to your PC through USB and you have to enter your Playbooks ip address manually in DDPB.
    Mr_Bunny likes this.
    06-17-12 08:48 PM
    The file may not be properly signed as well. Maybe download same file from other site.
    06-17-12 08:56 PM
    Maybe try installing through wifi. The process is the same, you just don't connect your PB to your PC through USB and you have to enter your Playbooks ip address manually in DDPB.
    I didn't know this was possible, Thank you for the info.
    06-17-12 09:16 PM
    or if it's a java problem.
    As Mr_Bunny said, make sure you have the latest Java installed.
    Also, on other forums I have read it is also best to download a copy of the .bar file direct to your PB.
    Have you tried to uninstall the app (via DDPD) and re-download and install again.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-17-12 at 09:48 PM.
    06-17-12 09:46 PM
    Did you forget to enable development mode on the playbook?
    If all else fails, just use the chrome extension, there's a post here, something like "linux users sideload using chrome" - it works on windows too
    06-17-12 11:10 PM
    Another small suggestion, if your using a 64bit version of windows there is a 64bit version of java. The 32bit version will install fine, but ddpb will not work correctly.
    codiak likes this.
    06-18-12 03:30 AM
    Another small suggestion, if your using a 64bit version of windows there is a 64bit version of java. The 32bit version will install fine, but ddpb will not work correctly.
    I had this problem last night using my Win 7 64-Bit laptop, sideloading ebay. Switched to my Win XP laptop and had no issue.

So moral of the story is, use a 32-bit operating system.
    06-18-12 03:43 AM
    Another possibility comes from my experience:
    I've had a previous version of DDPB running on my win7 32bit and sideloading was working fine.
    I updated to most recent version, and although teh application installed fine accrdong the DDPB, they were not on the _Playbook.
    Went back to the previous version of DDPB: all is working, as supposed to be...
    I did not figure out, what was the problem- I am simply not upgrading DDPB again
    06-18-12 04:33 AM
    This post made little bells go of in my head and remember a problem I had with 46bit.

Set your path to Java --> Start -> Control Panel -> System
    Then click on the "Advanced System Settings" link on the left.
    Then the "Environment Variables" button.
    In the lower section "System Variables" scroll through and find the item labeled "Path" and double click it.
    In the field labeled "Variable value" go to the end and add a semicolon ( ; ) and then the path your installation of Java is located, in my case it is ( ;C:\Program Files\Java\jre8 )
    I think a restart is needed after this.

Might be worth having a look at.
    06-18-12 05:10 AM
    So moral of the story is, use a 32-bit operating system.
    Untrue, the moral of the story is to use the correct Java.
    I have Windows 7 with 64bit (with correct Java) and my sideloading works perfectly.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-18-12 at 07:32 AM.
    06-18-12 07:30 AM
    yupp...no problem using win7 64bit

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-12 07:35 AM
    And 64bit Vista and it works.
    06-18-12 08:45 AM
    Untrue, the moral of the story is to use the correct Java.
    I have Windows 7 with 64bit (with correct Java) and my sideloading works perfectly.
    OK so what is the correct java for W7 64-Bit? I was feeling lazy so went to java.com and let it install what it thought I needed.
    06-18-12 09:06 AM
    Which Java download should I choose for my 64-bit Windows operating system?

I followed these steps.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-18-12 at 09:23 AM.
    codiak likes this.
    06-18-12 09:13 AM
    Hi all,
    I am new to forums, so if my etiquette is incorrect, i apologize. Here are the steps i followed to sideload kindle.
    1 - download and install java jre 7.05
    2 - download and install ddpb
    3 - turn on development mode on my pb
    4 - download kindle.bar
    5 - plug in pb, ddpb recognizes the ip address ( same as on pb ) enter password
    6 - click add and click on the kindle .bar file
    7 - hit install, then a window pops up and says done,
    the problem is, it is nowhere to be found on my pb.
    I've watched 3 different youtube vids (older version of ddpb ) and followed all of the steps, any help would be greatly appreciated
    There's an app, err forum for that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...eloading-f258/
    06-18-12 11:12 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD