Are there any side effects to smelling the playbook ? I googled it and did not find any answer. Not sure if the occasional inhalation of the scent if the leather like matte will have any health impact. Please share if you have any info.
    05-17-11 09:38 PM
    LOL --- good one --- Now the sad part of this whole thread, after I read it I picked up my PB and smelled it just to see if there really was a scent
    05-17-11 09:41 PM
    The scent has faded some but it is still there. Not too strong, not too faint.
    05-17-11 09:52 PM
    Nothing like that new tablet smell!
    05-17-11 10:12 PM
    It shrinks your wiener. Be careful!
    aawilson likes this.
    05-17-11 10:19 PM
    Are there any side effects to smelling the playbook ? I googled it and did not find any answer. Not sure if the occasional inhalation of the scent if the leather like matte will have any health impact. Please share if you have any info.
    side affects include, but are not limited to,

Heart reversal, navel discharge, skin faliure, full body shrinkage, reincarnation, spontaneous combustion, planned combustion, male pregnancy, post-modern apathy, black plague, deja vu, alien abduction, prenatal baldness, homocidal manial, dry mouth, dry blood, sissyness, loss of all emotion and assimilation into the hive mind, addiction, bad hair days, severe addiction, the need to sell your body on the street to feed that addiction, deja vu, lumbago, Saint Vitus dance, "permenant winky retreat", oily discharge, fecal complexion, fear of clowns, molting or shedding of exoskeleton, inability to use spoons, mystic enlightenment, funk, devil's haircut, stinkfist, electric head, x-ray vision and super strength, piano legs, change in complexion, change in ethnicity, Russian accent, deja vu, entropy, tin ear, comical Jesse Helms like jowels, siamese twin, loss of balance, the munchies, crab lice, explosive diarhea, explosive (literally) diareah, evil eye, and tendency to become farklempt.

then some conditions like spontaneous dental hydroplosion, count choculitis, and hot dog fingers
    05-17-11 10:30 PM
    LOL --- good one --- Now the sad part of this whole thread, after I read it I picked up my PB and smelled it just to see if there really was a scent
    I want one to smell now.

FML I'M GONNA BE CURIOUS FOREVER NOW.

05-17-11 10:30 PM
    side affects include, but are not limited to,

Heart reversal, navel discharge, skin faliure, full body shrinkage, reincarnation, spontaneous combustion, planned combustion, male pregnancy, post-modern apathy, black plague, deja vu, alien abduction, prenatal baldness, homocidal manial, dry mouth, dry blood, sissyness, loss of all emotion and assimilation into the hive mind, addiction, bad hair days, severe addiction, the need to sell your body on the street to feed that addiction, deja vu, lumbago, Saint Vitus dance, "permenant winky retreat", oily discharge, fecal complexion, fear of clowns, molting or shedding of exoskeleton, inability to use spoons, mystic enlightenment, funk, devil's haircut, stinkfist, electric head, x-ray vision and super strength, piano legs, change in complexion, change in ethnicity, Russian accent, deja vu, entropy, tin ear, comical Jesse Helms like jowels, siamese twin, loss of balance, the munchies, crab lice, explosive diarhea, explosive (literally) diareah, evil eye, and tendency to become farklempt.

then some conditions like spontaneous dental hydroplosion, count choculitis, and hot dog fingers
    brilliant.
    05-18-11 01:02 AM
    Ha!

And I thought every possible topic on Playbooks had already been covered.

You live and learn...
    05-18-11 05:05 AM
    Talking about smell... I thought that pouch that comes with it had the worst smell, I had flies dropping dead around it
    05-18-11 05:11 AM
    wow...just wow to the op.
    05-18-11 07:09 AM
    I'm sure somewhere on the internet a new fetish site will pop-up for this, lol.
    05-18-11 08:21 AM
    Soon YouTube videos will be appearing as the sensual side of the smelling the Playbook will be explored.
    05-18-11 08:30 AM
    I like the smell. But I think NY Times (might have been someone else) recently ran an article on household toxins. The new car smell, the smell of dry-cleaned clothes, etc are ultimately all chemicals and aren't doing you any good. I wouldn't worry too much smelling the playbook. I don't think anyone's gonna die from smelling the playbook.
    05-18-11 02:29 PM
    But its funny that u feel the need for smelling it whenever you pick it up.
    05-18-11 07:48 PM
    you will grow man potatoes on your chin, your gentleman sausage will fall off, my bum may randomly reek of listerien, your eyes will become rubics cubes, your anus may or may not gain threads, your tounge will gain a mouth that won't keep quiet, and there is a small chance you could die.
    05-18-11 07:57 PM
    i accidentally the whole playbook!
    05-18-11 08:02 PM
    I think from now on, I'm going to go to best buy and smell their stuff.
    Employee: Well the reason I would choose the Xoom over the Playbook is because of the applica...
    Death: *Takes a deep whiff of the xoom and puts it down*
    Employee: tions.. that.. they can.. offer.. And....
    Death: *Smells the Playbook and puts it down*
    Employee: the.. marketpla..
    Death: I think I want this one. *Points at Playbook*
    bryanhayn likes this.
    05-18-11 08:06 PM
    I like the smell. But I think NY Times (might have been someone else) recently ran an article on household toxins. The new car smell, the smell of dry-cleaned clothes, etc are ultimately all chemicals and aren't doing you any good. I wouldn't worry too much smelling the playbook. I don't think anyone's gonna die from smelling the playbook.
    you nailed it.
    all plastics have toxins that are released after manufacturing.
    theres not enough toxins from a pb to kill u. if there is, the millions of ppl with new cars would be long dead from that 'new car smell'

enjoy the new pb smell while it still lasts, lol
    05-18-11 08:15 PM
    New BB's smell more like "electronics" then the PB out of the box.

I figured its moreso due to the neoprene case which has its own cheap smell, that the Playbook has been wrapped in since its trip over from China.
    05-18-11 08:22 PM
    "It tastes just like I dreamt it would!"

Anyone know that quote?

Last edited by Mojoski; 05-18-11 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added video clip.. :)
    05-18-11 08:25 PM
    brilliant.
    big the office fan
    05-18-11 10:22 PM
    big the office fan
    Moi aussi! =D I totally lost it reading that post! I can't wait to get my PlayBook! Will definitely have to smell it now.. TWSS? =/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 10:59 PM
    A couple of days after I got my PB, my wife starts wanting to learn to play the clarinet. She's always hated the clarinet.
    05-18-11 11:19 PM
    For a moment I thought the movie clip on the homepage "Scent of a Blackberry" is based on this topic.....
    05-27-11 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD