after reading about all the cool stuff coming to the playbook in os 2 which will be released next month in february, should i still wait till next month, or should i jump on the bandwagon and just download playbook os 2 beta?

but first for anyone with os 2 on their playbook, is it stable? do apps frequently crash? will i lose all my current apps and their data? will i have to resync all my photos and videos?

- thanks!
    01-09-12 04:02 PM
    all this info can be found in previous threads by searching the forums.

os2 is semi stable, not everything is enabled so all the features you read about will not be there.

I like it because I am testing a current selection of android apps

and no you will not lost your current apps.
    Hgouck likes this.
    01-09-12 04:08 PM
    I have had a playbook from day 1 and have never upgraded to OS2 since i'm not a developer. My only concern with waiting to buy a playbook until after OS2 is officially launched would be the price point. Will the PB go back to its original price point or, will it be reduced in order to try and increase sales (presuming RIM advertises the PB with the OS2 installed). It will be interesting to see what RIM does after the official OS2 launch.

That said, if you find a deal, pick one up.
    01-09-12 04:30 PM
    Wait. Would you open your presents before Christmas?
    Barljo likes this.
    01-09-12 04:45 PM
    after reading about all the cool stuff coming to the playbook in os 2 which will be released next month in february, should i still wait till next month, or should i jump on the bandwagon and just download playbook os 2 beta?

but first for anyone with os 2 on their playbook, is it stable? do apps frequently crash? will i lose all my current apps and their data? will i have to resync all my photos and videos?
    You sound like maybe you haven't actually heard what's in the beta. It's not a beta of the OS 2.0 that you read about just now, with "all the cool stuff". It has effectively none of what was mentioned there...

If that list sounded cool (and I agree it does), you'll have to wait for the release in February. Installing the beta will give you none of it.
    01-09-12 05:12 PM
    I'm def waiting...hard to do, but I'm not a developer or super tech savy. So it's safer for me to wait. Plus I'm already enjoying the current features, OS2 will be like the cherry on top!!!
    01-09-12 05:31 PM
    If you want a PB, it might be a good idea to pick one up now while the prices are low. They might not stay that way after os2 is released. However, I would think twice about going with the beta. It is intended for developers and might not be all you expect it to be.

OS2 is right around the corner, and if you get you PB now, all you will have to do is update when the big day comes.
    01-09-12 05:34 PM
    thanks for the responses, I already have the playbook and will wait
    01-09-12 05:48 PM
    probably it is like this, if you have to ask, probably you are better off to wait...so, good choice
    01-09-12 05:53 PM
    Yea I would recommend waiting. I'm pretty experienced with beta software & as fun as it can be, the PB beta 2.0 is not for beginners. Not to mention, all the stuff that makes 2.0 such a big deal isn't in the current beta, and getting android apps working (if that's your goal) is pretty tricky.

The only issue seems to be whether root will be possible with 2.0. As of now you have to use the first beta to root and then update, so I'm not sure whether that will be the same with the official update. Anyone know if root will stay with the official 2.0 or will we lose it. Moreover, will dingleberry require you to use the first beta before installing the latest 2.0, or are they working on a new dingleberry? Honestly, as much as I want android apps, usb host & all that, I'm really dying for the new bridge mouse/keyboard feature.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-12 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD