So I wanted an ipad last year, but i was waiting for the newer one to come out, so i bought a Playbook instead. I used it quite a lot. When the new ipad finally came out, I got an ipad as well. Ever since then, i haven't been using my playbook as much. When I got the iPad, i still had a blackberry phone so i still used it to check my email, calendar, etc. on my playbook. But now that i've got an android phone it just sits there. I thought about selling it and almost did once, but decided not to in the end because I wasn't getting enough for it and I was waiting for BB10 to come to the playback. But now, they announced that BB10 won't be coming to it. In other words, it's kind of obsolete. I'm a die hard Blackberry fan and don't know what to do now. I could sell it for $100 and put that money in my bank. I mean, it's buggy, doesn't have the apps i want, out of date, etc. But at the same time, knowing that this is the probably the last tablet from blackberry and the last blackberry product that i own, i feel like hanging on to it. It's kind of got sentimental value. So what should I do? Should I keep it? Or let it go?
    Tbonist likes this.
    07-04-13 10:15 AM
    Keep it.

It isn't worth much these days and it makes a great media player and casual Web browser.

Best alarm clock I ever owned!
    07-04-13 04:30 PM
    Don't sell it...In my case its the best 64GB storage for the win and I have 2!!! Now granted I have moved on to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and the soon to be released Galaxy Tab 3 in 7" 8" and 10.1" and the Nexus 2 7".....
    07-04-13 10:45 PM
    Sell it to ME!!!
    07-04-13 11:26 PM
    I keep it for watching XXX
    trungif likes this.
    07-04-13 11:28 PM
    If you have no use for your PlayBook, you can sell it to someone who does. You can use the cash to put toward something you want or can use. You may not get much for it, but it is more than you will get by leaving it in your drawer.
    07-04-13 11:55 PM
    Personally I'd keep it. It's got a lot going for it and it's good quality. It's a great car companion and media consumption device. It does a lot of things and with the right apps, you're laughing. Your question should be what apps should I get for my PlayBook in my opinion...then we could help you maximize your purchase.

If you were to sell it though, I'd strongly suggest you look into the Sero 7 Pro for $149 from Walmart if you're in the USA. It's not available here in Canada. It's Android with a lot of good features for the price and it's been rooted and custom ROMS are available for it too. Full Google Play access too. It's the best bang for the buck out there for the price. You're going to spend a factor of 2 or more if you deviate and try for something Apple or higher end Android...

Do some YouTubing and reviews on the Sero 7 Pro if you're going to sell your PlayBook. If money is no object then yes, sell the PlayBook and buy something high end. If it's tight, stay with PlayBook or look into the Sero 7 Pro.
    Cynycl likes this.
    07-05-13 12:02 AM
    I have to agree with the majority here....keep it. Really, what are they worth now...a few buttons? I think you can find some use for it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:07 AM
    I really did enjoy the PB, But I'm selling mine. The other OP's are right about it being a solid tab to have around for media storage and other things. I just ended up with new Ipad from the wife after having the PB for week . So If anyone is interested mine 16gb wifi is on kijiji charlotte,n.c. .
    07-05-13 12:17 AM
    Thanks a lot for your help guys. I decided to keep mine as i'll manage to find some use for it
    08-17-13 03:58 PM
    So I wanted an ipad last year, but i was waiting for the newer one to come out, so i bought a Playbook instead. I used it quite a lot. When the new ipad finally came out, I got an ipad as well. Ever since then, i haven't been using my playbook as much. When I got the iPad, i still had a blackberry phone so i still used it to check my email, calendar, etc. on my playbook. But now that i've got an android phone it just sits there. I thought about selling it and almost did once, but decided not to in the end because I wasn't getting enough for it and I was waiting for BB10 to come to the playback. But now, they announced that BB10 won't be coming to it. In other words, it's kind of obsolete. I'm a die hard Blackberry fan and don't know what to do now. I could sell it for $100 and put that money in my bank. I mean, it's buggy, doesn't have the apps i want, out of date, etc. But at the same time, knowing that this is the probably the last tablet from blackberry and the last blackberry product that i own, i feel like hanging on to it. It's kind of got sentimental value. So what should I do? Should I keep it? Or let it go?
    Depends on how much is that $100 worth to you. When the company is long gone, perhaps some wonder dev find a way to make it interesting again.
    08-17-13 06:38 PM
    Personally I'd keep it. It's got a lot going for it and it's good quality. It's a great car companion and media consumption device. It does a lot of things and with the right apps, you're laughing. Your question should be what apps should I get for my PlayBook in my opinion...then we could help you maximize your purchase.

If you were to sell it though, I'd strongly suggest you look into the Sero 7 Pro for $149 from Walmart if you're in the USA. It's not available here in Canada. It's Android with a lot of good features for the price and it's been rooted and custom ROMS are available for it too. Full Google Play access too. It's the best bang for the buck out there for the price. You're going to spend a factor of 2 or more if you deviate and try for something Apple or higher end Android...

Do some YouTubing and reviews on the Sero 7 Pro if you're going to sell your PlayBook. If money is no object then yes, sell the PlayBook and buy something high end. If it's tight, stay with PlayBook or look into the Sero 7 Pro.
    As somebody who used to have an Android tablet and now have an iPad, I believe that there is a special place in hell for people who have talked their friends into getting an Android tablet. Especially those awful sub-200 dollar devices you're recommending.

STAY AWAY! They're cheap junk which are bound to break with a year and a half, and as soon as a couple of months from now, you'll start to feel the performance lag. Just ask anyone who ever got a Nexus7.

If you want a tablet, get an iPad. (You can get one for 329$ or around 300$ used, so the proce difference isnt even that great!)
    If for some odd reason an iPads awesome app catalogue or performance and screen can't convince you, spend the 400-600$ and get a Sony or equivalent quality Android device...
    08-17-13 07:02 PM
    As somebody who used to have an Android tablet and now have an iPad, I believe that there is a special place in hell for people who have talked their friends into getting an Android tablet. Especially those awful sub-200 dollar devices you're recommending.

STAY AWAY! They're cheap junk which are bound to break with a year and a half, and as soon as a couple of months from now, you'll start to feel the performance lag. Just ask anyone who ever got a Nexus7.

If you want a tablet, get an iPad. (You can get one for 329$ or around 300$ used, so the proce difference isnt even that great!)
    If for some odd reason an iPads awesome app catalogue or performance and screen can't convince you, spend the 400-600$ and get a Sony or equivalent quality Android device...
    Nexus 7 2013 lags??

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:08 PM
    Nexus 7 2013 lags??

Posted via CB10
    Not now, but yes it will lag eventually. (Also has problems with the GPS and touchscreen.)

Every Nexus7 owner I've talked to had the same problem: After X number of months, the Nexus7 gets slower and slower. Sometimes a factory will make it faster again for awhile, but often it won't help.

The problem is caused by a combination of buggy low level flash HD drivers, and your usual Android-cruftyness. I experienced something similar on my old 7 inch Acer tablet...
    08-18-13 05:19 AM
    Not now, but yes it will lag eventually. (Also has problems with the GPS and touchscreen.)

Every Nexus7 owner I've talked to had the same problem: After X number of months, the Nexus7 gets slower and slower. Sometimes a factory will make it faster again for awhile, but often it won't help.

The problem is caused by a combination of buggy low level flash HD drivers, and your usual Android-cruftyness. I experienced something similar on my old 7 inch Acer tablet...
    New OS on Nexus7 using TRIM helps cut down on lag after extended use. But thanks for introduction to new word from an unusually erudite Apple user. Must have started out with Blackberry.
    08-18-13 03:49 PM

You can't compare the 2nd gen to the first gen!! Like anything that comes to the market the first gen always has some sort of issues and is revised next generation.
    08-18-13 07:28 PM
    You can't compare the 2nd gen to the first gen!! Like anything that comes to the market the first gen always has some sort of issues and is revised next generation.
    The next generation will present more regressions and even heavier resource requirements. Android and its smorgasbord of dodgy forks have no room for quality and code efficiency.
    08-19-13 08:33 AM
    So go iOS than. At the end of the day the longer someone waits the less money they will get for the dead pb.
    08-19-13 09:59 AM
    I'm saving it for The Antique Road Show. You know 50 years from now with 10 billion population and less than 2 million playbooks out there, it's going to be a rare find. Makes the Ipad which will be in the billions worth nothing.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-19-13 10:25 AM
    Well I've got one.
    The app world needs and to be updated. The Android app store or Google play is better,it has more good apps and games.
    Remember, the playbook was released very early so the company could earn some bucks.
    The playbook is good at going on Internet and YouTube ecs,ecs.

Hope this was usefull.
    01-21-14 03:04 AM
    Hmm... If you don't use it, sell. Believing in some imaginary residual value is a major symptom of a compulsive junk collectors.
    01-21-14 08:42 AM

If it lags, you have installed some apps that run the backgriund that you are not aware of. Use Greenify app (free) and hibernate those apps. Part of the advantage/dis of Android is that apps have more control.
    01-21-14 08:46 AM
    Didn't realize this post originated about 1/2 year ago. Please disregard my previous thoughts on this thread.
    Last edited by ubeda92; 01-21-14 at 10:37 PM.
    01-21-14 06:04 PM
    i have a backberry to sell 16 gb just asking for 110
    07-01-14 12:28 AM
    Well, you have an Android phone, an iPad, and a PlayBook. Although I rarely recommend this, I'd you are planning on keeping the android phone, sell the iPad and PlayBook and get an Android tablet.

The best solution would of course be to sell the android phone and ipad, and get a z30...

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-01-14 07:50 AM