So I just got my z10 a few days ago and i'm really enjoying it!

I have been looking at used playbooks on kijiji/craigs list.

I have someone selling a 16gb with two BlackBerry cases and a rapid charger for $60. Think this isn't a bad deal.

Keep in mind I'm not going into this thinking it's going to be perfect and work at lightning speed.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 12:11 PM
    the question you must be asking is "what will i be using it for and if there are app you absolutely need that accomplish them"

to this day i still use my 64GB playbook for media and browsing. yes its not 100% best experience, but looking at competitive products there isnt really much else that satisfies or replaces the playbook in that function that is worth the price.

what does come close in terms of function and running on android is the Tegra note 7

NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 review - Engadget

dual speakers and built in stylus. I am on the fence to picking one up. plus it runs stock android.
    04-11-14 12:21 PM
    Good question and it will really just be browsing the web. I like the idea of linking it up with my z10 and just playing around with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 12:27 PM
    it will really just be browsing the web
    Hint: leave JavaScript turned off in the Browser whenever possible, as you'll see lots of "checkerboarding" while loading many sites when it's on. With it off, it's about as quick as any other modern browser.

Seems like you have realistic expectations, so you'll' probably enjoy it! The PlayBook is pretty unique, and as others have said can still be useful. I still use mine for emails, browsing, twitter, listening to music (saved or through Apollo, a Pandora clone) through those great speakers, etc.
    04-11-14 01:51 PM
    Yes the bridge can be a nice function if you get the HDMI cables to link it to a big screen, but for the most part it really comes down to how your home theatre is setup. for he best media playback app get the kalemsoft app as it supports most of the media formats.
    04-11-14 01:53 PM
    Hint: leave JavaScript turned off in the Browser whenever possible, as you'll see lots of "checkerboarding" while loading many sites when it's on. With it off, it's about as quick as any other modern browser.

Seems like you have realistic expectations, so you'll' probably enjoy it! The PlayBook is pretty unique, and as others have said can still be useful. I still use mine for emails, browsing, twitter, listening to music (saved or through Apollo, a Pandora clone) through those great speakers, etc.
    that's a good tip but for me a lot of sites I browse use java script and end up being broken if its not on.
    04-11-14 01:54 PM
    No. It will just make you angry when you see just how BB failed to realize the potential of the playbook. Eventually you will get another tablet and you will be annoyed that the gestures don't work like they did on the playbook. Then you will curse Blackberry even more. Save yourself the heartache.
    Orange UK and VR6 like this.
    04-11-14 08:52 PM
    Hey StampyBeaverbrook, your post is hilarious!
    04-11-14 09:09 PM
    the question you must be asking is "what will i be using it for and if there are app you absolutely need that accomplish them"

to this day i still use my 64GB playbook for media and browsing. yes its not 100% best experience, but looking at competitive products there isnt really much else that satisfies or replaces the playbook in that function that is worth the price.

what does come close in terms of function and running on android is the Tegra note 7

NVIDIA Tegra Note 7 review - Engadget

dual speakers and built in stylus. I am on the fence to picking one up. plus it runs stock android.
    hold off $300 will get you the LTE version soon enough Tegra Note 7 tablet to get an LTE refresh, early adopters pick up KitKat update
    04-11-14 10:27 PM
    I just purchased one from Amazon, waiting for it to arrive. If I end up really liking it, I might buy a backup unit.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 03:04 AM
    Why not?

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    04-12-14 03:56 AM