I found a great deal on the Playbook from Groupon, I was wondering if the playbook is worth getting?
    05-22-13 11:52 AM
    I have 3 in my household and bought another 32 GB model from Groupon just because it is such a great deal for the price. I use my PB to stream music at work/home, read books and magazines, email, browse the web, play games during down time, etc....plus, my kids love it because they can play games and watch Youtube videos on it.. I'm not saying it is perfect...but hard to beat for the price. Note that if you have a BBRY handset, you can "bridge" your PB to your handset.
    05-22-13 12:02 PM
    Sure. I just bought another 64G through the Groupon deal. Can never have too many PlayBooks imo for my needs it's a great little machine. Also at some point it's supposed to get BB10. Please no flames etc, there are plenty of threads on that subject already.
    05-22-13 12:17 PM
    I just bought a new 64 GB PlayBook last week and I'm quite pleased with what I got for the price. Accessories like HDMI cable and rapid charging stand have enhanced my experience, and apps like Fast Browser, Files and Folders, and Plex have really helped me get more out of it.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase, and I figure if I can get at least a year of good use out of it, then it's money well spent.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-22-13 12:17 PM
    I have 3 in my household and bought another 32 GB model from Groupon just because it is such a great deal for the price. I use my PB to stream music at work/home, read books and magazines, email, browse the web, play games during down time, etc....plus, my kids love it because they can play games and watch Youtube videos on it.. I'm not saying it is perfect...but hard to beat for the price. Note that if you have a BBRY handset, you can "bridge" your PB to your handset.
    My thoughts exactly. For a bargain tablet that can do a whole lot you can't find a better deal.

The hardware specs are a tad dated. And it doesn't have as massive an app catalogue as Apple or Android's but outside of that there's plenty only it can do.
    05-22-13 12:21 PM
    If your not big on apps, IM and don't mind checkerboarding a lot in the browser and some issues with flash and video its cheap enough. It has its good points and bad and depending on what you want to do there can be a lot of bad.
    05-22-13 12:27 PM
    Thanks everyone
    05-22-13 01:14 PM
    Thanks everyone

Wait Wait ... don't do it ... call your local mental health hot line.
    05-22-13 06:04 PM
    If you have an extensive music/movie collection, the PB has awesome speakers and the HDMI out is good to project to HDTV. Someone will have to compare with the HTC One or new HP tablet with the Beats audio for best sound out of mobile device.
    05-22-13 08:14 PM
    Send your question to 'help@blackberry.com' and asking if the Playbook will be getting BB10. If they say no, then forget about it. If they say yes, by all means. Better for Blackberry to be sitting on a pile of unsold inventory than having them laughing all the way to the bank.
    05-22-13 08:30 PM
    Better off asking a magic 8 ball.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-22-13 08:50 PM
    If you have an extra bucks, let say that it is OK to be lost, then buy that PlayBook... otherwise, you will end up "whining" for BB10...

Posted via Z10
    05-22-13 09:06 PM
    I found a great deal on the Playbook from Groupon, I was wondering if the playbook is worth getting?
    What would you plan on using a tablet for?
    05-22-13 09:11 PM
    No. There will be much better offerings late summer and beyond for less than $300
    05-22-13 09:17 PM
    I plan on using it for fun and school. Hopefully that playbook will get bb10 so i dont have to side load all the apps
    05-25-13 01:56 PM
    No, just buy a Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:56 PM
    I plan on using it for fun and school. Hopefully that playbook will get bb10 so i dont have to side load all the apps
    if you want a good device for a great price, go for it,,, if you have a pre-BB10 phone, even better w/ bridge capabilities,,, unless your on ATT, you have internet just about everywhere you go...
    05-25-13 03:16 PM
    Send your question to 'help@blackberry.com' and asking if the Playbook will be getting BB10. If they say no, then forget about it. If they say yes, by all means. Better for Blackberry to be sitting on a pile of unsold inventory than having them laughing all the way to the bank.
    The inventory had been written off. Believe me, BB ain't laughing to any where the least of it being the bank.
    05-25-13 06:39 PM
    The inventory had been written off. Believe me, BB ain't laughing to any where the least of it being the bank.
    You may not be the right person to ask this question:

If Rim wrote off the value (or whatever) of the PB inventory, then are all the sales of pb's since then "profits" or how do they account for those sales.
    05-25-13 07:31 PM
    You may not be the right person to ask this question:

If Rim wrote off the value (or whatever) of the PB inventory, then are all the sales of pb's since then "profits" or how do they account for those sales.
    You are right, I'm not the right person to ask the question. However, I would think if any "profit " to take in, it will be the retailers that get what ever residue from the sales. I can't see any retailers would pay full cost price for the Playbook at this stage. I imagine there were several stages of rebates to the retailers. Being the last batch of inventory literally cost nothing to the retailers. What ever residue that BB gets it's probably not worth noting. If they can give away playbook for free to some organization that purchase say Z10 or Q10, I would assume similar deals can work out with retailers or carriers.
    05-25-13 08:08 PM
    Apps and game releases are almost to a crawl. If you want old and dated and nothing you want go for it.

I wouldn't buy another one at this point. At one time I owned 5. Left with one just to use it for what I purchased. Far better tablets out there in the 200-250 range.
    05-26-13 01:50 AM