02-18-13 04:41 PM
35 12
tools
    Sure why not? It's really good as it is now and will get the BB10 update. You can find them for under $200 now online so really it's a win regardless at this point.

Here's one example. Took me 10 seconds to find this so cheaper is out there if you look.

Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (16GB): Computers & Accessories
    11-20-12 11:29 AM
    Playbook has better speakers, a brighter screen, a kind of futuristic interface, feels solid, supports flash.

Nexus 7 excels in almost every other category- it is thinner, lighter, more apps, faster, better resolution (but dimmer) etc.
    I like them both. but I will say this. If you have a Blackberry phone, and plan on having one for a while, get the Playbook. If you do not, get the Nexus.

The Playbook is okay by itself, but when paired with a BB smartphone, it's downright impressive and futuristic. Sans Blackberry phone, the Nexus is a no brainer after just using both devices.
    bruteforce037 likes this.
    11-20-12 02:10 PM
    Playbook has better speakers, a brighter screen, a kind of futuristic interface, feels solid, supports flash.

Nexus 7 excels in almost every other category- it is thinner, lighter, more apps, faster, better resolution (but dimmer) etc.
    I like them both. but I will say this. If you have a Blackberry phone, and plan on having one for a while, get the Playbook. If you do not, get the Nexus.

The Playbook is okay by itself, but when paired with a BB smartphone, it's downright impressive and futuristic. Sans Blackberry phone, the Nexus is a no brainer after just using both devices.
    :thumbup:very well put, I must say :thumbup:
    11-20-12 02:52 PM
    Yep. It's currently cheap. As it is, it's a pretty decent tablets. Once it gets bb10, it'll even be better!
    they are more than decent. after all updates these are fully blown tablets with full support for email, good selection apps and very well done bridge feature. There is a lot of things that I like about pb but perhaps the most I like that the tablet is always connected to the internet through bluetooth to my phone without any extra steps.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-20-12 04:02 PM

I like it. well said. one thing I want to say that Android sucks big times. I just do not like it. it feels messy. ios feels too symplistic. I like windows 8 mobile and qnx.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-20-12 04:04 PM
    The thing about iOS is that it'd so east its hard. Android requires more maintenance to keep it running smoothly (task killers ). IOS is very much not as useful in terms of downloading media or any files for that matter. Like documents, podcasts, videos and such. I'm sure there is an app for that, but that's not the point.

The fully functional browser with download management is a must for me.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 11-20-12 at 04:32 PM. Reason: More/spelling
    11-20-12 04:23 PM

Well, I don't have a BlackBerry phone, have no intention of getting one, and bought a PlayBook after comparing it to a Nexus 7. The PlayBook also has more (two rather than one) and much better cameras - can shoot 1080p video, and HDMI out, If your use is largely as a media player, these things matter, and I also preferred its screen, even at a lower resolution. I also prefer the PlayBook's OS - and I have used Android since it first appeared. In addition, it is a better value. My 64GB model was $200, and I have seen them as low as $150 since I bought mine.
    11-20-12 04:30 PM
    I feel ya there. I would say that the multimedia experience is far superior on the playbook due to a significantly more brilliant screen and significantly better, stereo speakers which face the user instead of a mono speaker which faces away. But the lack of popular media apps such as netflix and hulu plus are major strikes if you use those services. The workaround is PlayOn, which is really awesome.
    02-18-13 03:35 PM
    Yep. It's currently cheap. As it is, it's a pretty decent tablets. Once it gets bb10, it'll even be better!
    Don't start.

Any news on the Easter Bunny?
    02-18-13 03:53 PM
    Don't start.

Any news on the Easter Bunny?
    Trapped in the chimney with Santa a bag full of bb10 for the pb!
    02-18-13 04:41 PM
35 12