I am still within my exchange period with Bestbuy as I purchased my 32g gb 2 days ago, now do we the same a deal here in Canada for the 64g model I am wondering if I need the additional space. I know that more is better but if I compare it to my Iphone 4 with 32g with several apps including a gps app that takes over 1gb of ram I still have close to 20gb of ram free, mind you have I no music on it but I have some small videos on it.
    Maybe there is something I missing out but what would be the reason to upgrade to a 64g model from a 32g the apps or future operating system, any assistance would be apprecited before my exchange period expires.
    Finally this is a great forum with tons of helpful info for my pb thanks to all.

Neil
    01-06-12 05:34 PM
    I remember way back when, when I purchased my 1st desktop computer. 850MB hard drive. People said that was plenty enough storage for years and years and I'd never fill it up. In my mind, you already answered your question, bigger is better. When it comes to memory and storage space, I have to agree. If it was me, I'd go with the 64. Its a great deal and if you don't use it all, so be it. But think of the future, as apps develop and bigger programs, you might be kicking yourself when you "shoulda, woulda, coulda" went with the 64gb. Just my 2 cents.
    xKrNMBoYx likes this.
    01-06-12 05:39 PM
    I did the swap today at Futureshop. I figured that the extra $50, I would regret it later if I didn't. I plan to use my playbook as a media device as well as the obligatory access to my work email (nice mix huh?) and use my iPad for book reading, games, and other more specialized stuff. 'Tis an expensive obsession.
    01-06-12 06:14 PM
    wish I could trade in my 16 gig for a 64 gig I think the money would be well spent
    01-06-12 07:44 PM
    if you can do it, DO IT!
    wish I could
    01-06-12 07:53 PM
    I just traded mine.....
    01-06-12 07:57 PM
    i did today
    01-06-12 09:00 PM
    i was gonna exchange my 16gb for the 64gb today but then my father-in-law said he wanted to buy my 16gb.
    i didn't think the 16gb would be enough for me, cause after the OS and a few apps/games I was already at only 10gb, and for me thats not a lot especially if you're thinking about movies and music. I'm happy with the 64gb, even if I dont use it, at least I don't have to worry about it.
    01-06-12 10:07 PM
    The storage capacity on the BlackBerry PlayBook depends on your use cases. In my situation, I use the microSD card in my BlackBerry smartphone to store documents, mostly of the read-only variety, and access them via bridge-mode on the 16GB BlackBerry tablet. For my ebooks I have to keep them on the tablet sue to limitations in the application(s) that do not recognize bridge-mode yet. Movies and music are stored on the tablet and on a Seagate GoFlex Satellite Hard Drive accessible via WiFi but content must be copied not streamed yet.
    01-07-12 12:10 AM
    I would make the switch.
    01-07-12 01:41 AM
    Thanks everyone I think I will go ahead and make the switch today.
    01-07-12 07:19 AM
    i would if i could in a blink of an eye
    mariobastros likes this.
    01-07-12 10:14 AM
    I'm switching--its a no brainer if you can do it.
    01-07-12 10:20 AM
    The storage capacity on the BlackBerry PlayBook depends on your use cases. In my situation, I use the microSD card in my BlackBerry smartphone to store documents, mostly of the read-only variety, and access them via bridge-mode on the 16GB BlackBerry tablet. For my ebooks I have to keep them on the tablet sue to limitations in the application(s) that do not recognize bridge-mode yet. Movies and music are stored on the tablet and on a Seagate GoFlex Satellite Hard Drive accessible via WiFi but content must be copied not streamed yet.
    I agree. It will really depend on your situation.

I have a 64 GB, and I think it's overkill for most of my purposes. Sure, it's great to view some videos, but other than that, it's become a larger playground for me to view my browser. Plus, I have memory elsewhere in my other BB's, i-devices and memory sticks.
    01-07-12 10:46 AM
    Wow! Sirk25 had a 850MB hard drive. Back circa 1986, I bought a Compaq 386 with a 40 MB hard drive - fastest desktop machine on the Planet (for 2 weeks). I never thought I would have to upgrade. I sure hope my BlackBerry Playbook with 32 Gigs will last me. I can't imagine I have enough time left to view, read or hear 32 Gigs of anything. Life is short. Archeaologists in the year 3000 will be pissed off that they have to search through so much digital drivel to find historical gems. I want a terabyte BlackBerry PlayBook, just in case my supplements take me to age 130.
    mhw100 and sirk25 like this.
    01-07-12 01:23 PM
    The only problem with lots of storage space is our tendency not to clean up or backup until we have to. The more space you have the more you stand to lose. LOL

Cameras with large capacities are good example, when we don't copy them over to another device until they're full we lose a lot through loss or some act of the tech gods.
    boldkeyboardholic likes this.
    01-07-12 02:18 PM
    I wish I did had ordered the 64 instead of the 32 even after 20 min. after the purchase

in my case 250 vs 300 € but i also considering the playbook more as a mediaplayer device.

but with the 40gb on my bold 9900 it is much.
    01-07-12 02:36 PM
    Don't trade them in, give/sell them to love ones and keep expanding the userbase
    01-07-12 02:45 PM
    Thanks everyone I think I will go ahead and make the switch today.
    Did the switch yesterday, i know myself i would regret if I didn't.
    sirk25 likes this.
    01-08-12 01:21 PM
    Wow! Sirk25 had a 850MB hard drive. Back circa 1986, I bought a Compaq 386 with a 40 MB hard drive - fastest desktop machine on the Planet (for 2 weeks). I never thought I would have to upgrade. I sure hope my BlackBerry Playbook with 32 Gigs will last me. I can't imagine I have enough time left to view, read or hear 32 Gigs of anything. Life is short. Archeaologists in the year 3000 will be pissed off that they have to search through so much digital drivel to find historical gems. I want a terabyte BlackBerry PlayBook, just in case my supplements take me to age 130.
    I remember those days and getting a 40 MB hard drive myself. That was truly a quantum leap from using only floppies. But I have had no problem filling up -- and using all of -- the 32GB SD card on my 9810 with my music. I then use the 9810 as an MP3 player on shuffle play, so I can listen to anything from my entire music collection. So there's 32 GB right there (actually, I believe about 27 GB in my case out of the 29.7 GB that's actually available on a 32GB card). Movies take up roughly one GB each, so in my case if you want to put all of your music and a selection of movies on anything, you need the 64GB.

The only problem with lots of storage space is our tendency not to clean up or backup until we have to. The more space you have the more you stand to lose. LOL

Cameras with large capacities are good example, when we don't copy them over to another device until they're full we lose a lot through loss or some act of the tech gods.
    If you are using the space for music and movies, odds are you already have them backed up elsewhere. I have all of my music on my 32GB SD Card on my 9810, as well as on my PC. And all of the movies I have are also on the PC.
    sirk25 likes this.
    01-08-12 01:39 PM
    I traded in my 32 for a 64 as well. For an additional $50,... it's well worth it.
    sirk25 likes this.
    01-08-12 02:28 PM
    I am working every day with my 9900 and never get out of memory. of course some cleaning actions are required some times. this will hapen as well if it was an 64G
    01-08-12 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD