Hey guys, my beloved Playbook is 1.5yrs old and barely ever turned off and for the past 2 months, it's been acting up. I plug it in every night to the rapid charger to use again for the next day.

In the past few months, when it comes off the charger, my playbook either lights up (because its on and on standby) and the screen has inverted colours and hitting the power button quickly to shut off the screen and hit it again to turn the screen on, or lately and very concerning, the backlight comes on, but the screen is blank. And same thing, hit the power button to turn off the screen and then hit it again to turn it on.

Last night, my playbook was running very slow, so I decided to power off, and then turn it back on. Instead of the fancy splash screen that comes on for a few minutes going different colours, my screen goes into the blank back lighting and then eventually goes right into the OS and I'm fine.

Should i be concerned enough to contact RIM? or any thoughts what I can do?
    11-07-12 09:40 AM
    Any new apps? Sideloaded Android? Although, it does sound like a hardware issue.

You could get drastic and debrick to reload the OS.

Maybe contact Rim - as one of the more vocal pb boosters, maybe you can get help from them.

Good luck
    11-07-12 09:49 AM
    I haven't tried debricking yet... I was hoping to avoid that if possible lol I will try that. And baring that, I will contact RIM.
    11-07-12 10:13 AM