I am considering buying the 64g playbook since its only 299.00. I thought to myself why are they discounting it so much. I noticed that the os2 is to be released in Feb 2012. So are they releasing better hardware also???
    01-17-12 09:30 PM
    There will not be another version of the BlackBerry PlayBook released in February of 2012. The upgrade will be software only. A 3G/4G/LTE tablet is not scheduled for release though there are rumours thats Research In Motion is working on such a version of the BlackBerry PlayBook. Hopefully, the WiFi-only version will be continued in terms of manufacturing more product as well.
    dcrawford74 likes this.
    01-17-12 09:34 PM
    New hardware is expected at some point, but nobody really knows when. Check out the rumours about new 7" tabs and a 10" tab, but note that today was a real banner day for false rumours, so you can't count on it.

Basically, you'll have to trust your gut, because nobody here has solid information on whether there will be new hardware or not.

One thing you probably can count on, however, is that if new hardware comes out, it won't get you 64GB for only $299...
    blue-b likes this.
    01-17-12 09:35 PM
    I personally see it as a good way to get people onto the system.
    Look at how fast the touchpads sold.
    But webOS is pretty much dead
    RIM isn't.

Its gets the customers and hopefully keeps them

Get it while you can.
    01-17-12 09:36 PM
    Its a great way for Rim to get the Playbooks out there and then release a new os which will really improve the playbook and peoples experience with the device.
    you wont regret buying the 64gb at the amazing price of $299
    dcrawford74 likes this.
    01-17-12 09:45 PM
    Im hoping this is the right time to buy because I jumped on this deal. No regrets yet
    01-17-12 11:18 PM
    Buy it and dont look back
    01-18-12 12:07 AM
    Go for it!!!
    And....
    Welcome to the forums!

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.

Enjoy!
    dcrawford74 likes this.
    01-18-12 12:11 AM
    Get the 64gb PlayBook for $299 at shopblackberry.com before the sale ends or before they run out of them.
    01-18-12 06:50 AM
    Hi,

I was thinking the same as you OP to wait and see what the PB2 would be but i caved in ordered it yesterday and got it today.

I must say it is fantastic i bought a 16GB but wish i spent a little more and got he 32/64GB however i absolutly love this little tablet its perfect.

BB bridge is really useful, i had my old 9000 lying around to try it out and i am that impressed im selling my IP4S and am going to get another BB
    01-18-12 07:11 AM
    I've always regretted impulsive buys when it comes to the fast paced world of tech toys, so I'm going to stick to that lesson and just hang on to my one PB. 2012 is going to be the year that sees other players entering the game of sub-$300 tablets in order to fight the virtual monopoly Amazon has on that market segment. So far 2 confirmed entries into the fray are Google with a $200 and Asus with a $250 both sporting quad core processors. You know if those two are entering the field, others will soon follow (and probably already are, just not announced as yet). Also, I might be tempted to pick up an iPad2 to have a bigger tablet for the house once the price drops with the release of the iPad3. But if this is going to be your first tablet, I say yes definitely go for it, I did. For a first tablet you'll be hard pressed to beat 64GB for $300 especially considering the quality that went into building these.
    01-18-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD