1. crossed_over_to_the_dark_side's Avatar
    I've had the PB64 for a few years and still enjoy it. I'm not big on apps so the limited availability doesn't bother me. However, I do use my PB everyday with the OverDrive app that was installed back when we could still get it. So that is a big deal to me. Will I be able to download it again by using my same account/BBID on the new one (can you use your BBID simultaneously on two PB)? Will it show up in My World still like it does on my first PB. I am worried that I won't be able to download it again now that they don't offer it.

I have used ipads and Samsung tablets and still come back to my BBPB everytime, so now I'm considering getting a new backup PB in case one dies on me, since they are bargain basement prices now. I love it as my e-reader I also like the Bridge with my BB10, that I can listen to music from my phone files on my PB, and get Internet access without needing the wifi. I often watch movies on it, although, a little bummed I can't get Netflix on it. I haven't tried side loading, so I guess I don't need NF bad enough, but there are many other options to make NF irrelevant at this point.

I haven't kept up with the other tablets in the past year, so are these still good reasons to prefer BB? It seems all the other brands need wifi to work and that doesn't jive with me. If I'm wrong on that, please enlighten me.

Thank your for your input.
    08-19-14 08:23 AM
    You should be able to, I have 2 64gb units and I use the same BB id on both, it will just ask you to associate the currant PB your using at that time. I installed some of the apps from the "work" Playbook onto the play Playbook, noi issues no charges and all workie....

c
    08-19-14 08:32 AM
    Overdrive is just a ported Android app, isn't it? So if it's not available in BB World, you should be able to sideload the Android BAR file on Goodereader.
    08-19-14 08:50 AM
    08-19-14 10:09 AM
    Is OD still asking for permissions (?), that contrary to their during download statement, can not be turned off ?!

thanks
    08-19-14 03:54 PM
    I've had the PB64 for a few years and still enjoy it. I'm not big on apps so the limited availability doesn't bother me. However, I do use my PB everyday with the OverDrive app that was installed back when we could still get it. So that is a big deal to me. Will I be able to download it again by using my same account/BBID on the new one (can you use your BBID simultaneously on two PB)? Will it show up in My World still like it does on my first PB. I am worried that I won't be able to download it again now that they don't offer it.

I have used ipads and Samsung tablets and still come back to my BBPB everytime, so now I'm considering getting a new backup PB in case one dies on me, since they are bargain basement prices now. I love it as my e-reader I also like the Bridge with my BB10, that I can listen to music from my phone files on my PB, and get Internet access without needing the wifi. I often watch movies on it, although, a little bummed I can't get Netflix on it. I haven't tried side loading, so I guess I don't need NF bad enough, but there are many other options to make NF irrelevant at this point.

I haven't kept up with the other tablets in the past year, so are these still good reasons to prefer BB? It seems all the other brands need wifi to work and that doesn't jive with me. If I'm wrong on that, please enlighten me.

Thank your for your input.
    I have 3 playbooks now, the newest is just 3 weeks old. I put all the same blabkberry world apps on it.
    Jest go into bb world and then go to 'my world' and all your previous Blackberry apps should be there waiting to be re-installed. BTW: what is the overdrive app and what does it do?
    Also, use origami and go to putlocker and projectfree tv. You can stream tv and movies free.
    08-20-14 07:00 AM
    Overdrive stopped support for Blackberry devices a few months back and pulled the app from app world. The app does not appear on my uninstalled list, even though I had installed it in the past. Overdrive is an app that allows you to borrow e-books from many public libraries. http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...lackberry-app/
    08-20-14 08:49 AM