Will there be a new version coming? Or is it alright for me to us now? I'm currently using an ipad 2 at the moment and i must say after using my z10 for couple of weeks it is starting to feel real slow.
    Mt sister wants a new tablet so I'm planning to give her my ipad but I'm wondering if it is a good idea to wait for a new play book with updated specs ans versions?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 07:07 AM
    Go ahead and buy one. New PlayBooks aren't coming out in the forseeable future and the price is right on old stock. It's just a shame you didn't get one prior to the BB10 experience with its donwgraded Bridge utilities.

I'd recomend getting the 64gb WiFi version.
    02-18-13 07:17 AM
    I made a similar decision about 4 weeks ago.

It depends on what you want it for. I wanted a smaller tablet on which to watch movies (including divx and xvid codec movies), read books, play some casual games and listen to music while travelling. On movies alone, the Playbook (still) beats all the competition with the wide range of video codecs it supports compared to the others (all the others require fussy codec conversions etc). It has an in-built Kobo application for e-books (or you can sideload the Kindle Android app - I'm happy with Kobo so have not done this). Finally, the sound quality is better than my much-lauded iPod (my trusty music device, so that has been put out to grass). At quarter of the price of an iPad mini, I bought myself a 64Gb Playbook and am thrilled. It's not for everyone; people who are app-junkies prefer the mass of choice on Android instead, but I only have around 50 apps and games because my main use is movies and reading.
    breane paet likes this.
    02-18-13 08:24 AM
    It has an in-built Kobo application for e-books (or you can sideload the Kindle Android app - I'm happy with Kobo so have not done this).
    My wife was trying to access a site with her android-based tablet and couldn't get it to work. I just handed her the PlayBook and said "Here, I don't know what you're looking at, but it'll work on this."

And it did. Win.

Kobo works fine, but it really does have a limited selection. I'd recomend the Kindle app. There's no Nook app, unfortunately, but I've been able to move books downloaded to that device over to the PlayBook's "Book Reader" app with little difficulty. Inconvenient, but it keeps me from having to cart around two tablets.
    02-18-13 08:35 AM