03-08-15 04:03 AM
44 12
tools
    The answer is NO, there is no reason for you to buy a BlackBerry Playbook.

Number one reason, BlackBerry does not support the device anymore.

I have PlayBook 64 GB and most of the BlackBerry Apps are dying. The BlackBerry Music and Video Stores went down. As for the music Store, it was replaced with Android app for 7Digit. The BlackBerry Podcast, News also went down. Lot of Apps are going to slowly pull support.

The only reason to get one is for a cheap price is for browsing the web and reading PDF documents.

There are Tablets that are cheaper on the Android side. I have already moved on to using Windows as a Tablet.

I don't know much about sideloading apps.
    Last edited by maxknux; 02-26-15 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Grammer
    02-18-15 09:02 AM
    The last bit of the above comment is the reason people are not getting the full benefit of the playbook. The majority of apps that keep it usable will be sideload. If you don't sideload then it will be very limiting.
    Using Barinstall on your blackberry device is as simple as downloading the bar and throwing it across to the playbook.
    Channels like PlayBook appstore C001B2FFD has hundreds of working apps as well as good ereader. They are not the latest and greatest but it covers pretty much all cloud storage providers and social accounts. The social accounts you can't use are pretty much the same as the ones you can't use on a bb10 device so nothing different there.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:16 PM
    Do not waste your money buying a BlackBerry PlayBook in 2015.

Posted via CB10
    The PlayBook is still a useful tablet if one uses it for specific tasks. I use one of mine for RDP, SSH, eReading, media playback, spreadsheet compilation and occasional web browsing. It works well enough despite the limitations.

I really couldn't care less about apps that are not available on the PB as most of them are geared towards the mindless social moron crowd.
    02-18-15 06:18 PM
    I use mine a lot to take notes at meetings. I have the BlackBerry blue tooth keyboard and keep them together.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:23 PM
    I guess it would be easier answering these posts if the person looking to buy one said what they wanted the playbook for. Then it would be a yes or no answer.

Seems to me they have their uses depending on your expectations.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:26 AM
    I have 4 Playbooks. Use them all the time. The remote control feature from Bridge with my Z10 is great. Ton of uses for it still.
    Mine get used daily. One for work, with the BlackBerry Bluetooth keyboard, one in the shed for remote use with my phone, and two more in the house for anyone to use. I surf you tube a lot using the HDMI out to my TV and control the Playbook with my Z. I find sites on my phone and then launch them on the Playbook. So many more useful things I do with them on a regular basis.

Search Crackberry forum further for uses you may not have thought of.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:30 AM
    Please don't. don't work with most apps like instagram etc. The only use right now is for my toddler media player. Sideload tubemate, and download tons of youtube.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:34 AM
    No, not at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:37 AM
    Please don't. don't work with most apps like instagram etc. The only use right now is for my toddler media player. Sideload tubemate, and download tons of youtube.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip on tubemate, something I didn't have. However, if you check out previous posts you will see that there's plenty of other things that you could be doing with it. If you're not, doesn't mean it can't.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:18 AM
    Currently I own passport and playbook. I used to pair them with my very old 9780. since we now have BlackBerry blend and playbook does not support it. You are better of with tabs that support blend. You can still bridge for BBM though, but playbook was meant to be a mirror of legacy device. It was great then, but with passport on your hand, playbook will not be a productive device by any mean. It's just too slow.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:24 PM
    I use my playbook every night, however bridging isnt the same as it used to be. If you can get the 64gig under $30, go for it, otherwise, I would pass

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-22-15 04:27 PM
    If you can get one really cheap then there's no harm but I do regret my purchase.
    02-24-15 03:50 AM
    I have one, but dont use it anymore. The last time I fired it up I was really surprised how heavy it is! Compared to modern android tablets it weighs in like a brick.

Certainly sturdy, but Id rather use my Passport, or, in those cases where a PlayStore app just refuses to work on the PP, I use a cheap android tablet.
    02-24-15 05:10 AM
    Yessssssssssss

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:49 AM
    Buy a decent tablet. The PlayBook is just good to play games or watch movies. The browser is slow and no decent apps

Posted via CB10
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    02-25-15 05:11 AM
    Buy a decent tablet. The PlayBook is just good to play games or watch movies. The browser is slow and no decent apps

Posted via CB10
    This
    02-25-15 06:30 AM
    No

Initiated from my Q10
    02-26-15 08:47 PM
    Depends on your needs. I personally wouldn't get it if it's to be used for Apps and/or browsing. Like others have already mentioned, browsing is a joke. Because it has excellent speakers, watching movies on it is nice. I have a LTE PB and mainly just use it with BlackBerry Bridge and my phone...larger view when editing documents.

Posted via CB10
    AWB70 likes this.
    03-01-15 09:21 PM
    My answer is yes. I just did so recently, picking up a used 32GB model for 36. After watching a Youtube review, I liked the navigation and the familiar BB presentation of email. It appears to work fine for email, music and general web browsing.

I have a Surface RT tablet and whilst I appreciate how mail integrates with Word and the PDF reader, I'm not comfortable with and don't enjoy the UI at all. I also disliked the daily updates to the OS. So it's back to the future for me!
    03-08-15 04:03 AM
44 12