Or wait to see about the next version of the the PlayBook brings once released?

I'd be looking at buying one right now as the price may jump up once BB10 comes to the PlayBook. I used to own one but I found it was redundant to my needs, so I sold it, but BB10 should improve it and I can use it to read books on, etc.
    01-13-13 02:24 AM
    You can already read book etc...
    I still think PB is better than my ipad (that is almost unemployed)
    With PB its much easier to share files, stream music/ movies etc cause its more 'tweakable' and has android appz
    01-13-13 02:50 AM
    No problem reading books as there are several apps, especially so now that Android stuff works so well. Amongst others I use the Kindle and Kobo apps and they are very good indeed.
    01-13-13 02:56 AM
    No problem reading books as there are several apps, especially so now that Android stuff works so well. Amongst others I use the Kindle and Kobo apps and they are very good indeed.
    If you buy a playbook at current price, you will never do anything wrong. I don't think in this price range, any other gadget is even close to it. But before buying, make sure playbook meets your requirements. Do your own research instead of basing your decision on others' opinions. Everyone over here will say only good things about playbook. Granted its blackberry fansite.
    The playbook is a great device. At this price, you will do nothing wrong.
    rexrim likes this.
    01-13-13 03:15 AM
    Yes - definitely. Moon+Reader is my favorite, but you must sideload.
    01-13-13 03:26 AM
    Do your research, and if it meets your needs then buy one. What has changed since you sold the one you had?
    I think prices will slowly increase. In the UK Curry's/PCWorld were selling the 64GB PB for �129 several months leading up to xmas. Now it is priced at �149! If the PB doesn't fit your needs then look elsewhere.
    01-13-13 04:57 AM
    "Good things come to those who wait patiently" - if you believe on that, then wait and see... otherwise, fall in line with us... ;-)
    01-13-13 06:11 AM
    I got a PlayBook for Christmas and I have to say it is the best thing ever. It is so easy to use and they are quite cheap aswell compared to tablets like the ipad. But it does matter what you would use it for but I would say it is a good allrounder. Look on which.co.uk and see what they say!! Hope it helped!!
    01-13-13 06:36 AM
    If money is not the object wait for the next version. I doubt the current wi-fi version prices will change much regardless of the launch of BB10. I think Curry/PC World were adjusting the price base on the cost tolerance of consumers. If they can sell the device for slightly higher price to increase their margin, they would. No different from any other products. It's a two year old tablet. It will be a strange phenomenon to see RIM start up the production of wi-fi tablet again because of BB10. As for a new version, that's a possibility. But you are not going to get the current Playbook pricing for sure.
    01-13-13 06:39 AM
    more good if u has a blackberry man blackberry bridge superb!
    01-13-13 07:17 AM
    The PlayBook is a great little device but I would only recommend buying one if you only want to use the supplied software. The main problem is the Appstore. There are fewer apps available compared to android or apple appstore. While there are some good apps available many seem very amateurish.
    While it is possible to install Android application the procedure is longwinded and requires conversion of the installation files. Most users will not have the knowledge or software to do this and will need to find converted files online. These converted files tend to be basic free versions and not the fully featured paid versions. You may be unable to find the app you need.
    If the PlayBook could run Android apps natively then I would highly recommend one.
    (Typed on my PlayBook.)
    Last edited by alanrt; 01-13-13 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Grammar
    01-13-13 09:58 AM
    Only buy one if you want go be spoiled for any other tablet. And in a couple weeks????
    01-13-13 12:15 PM
    If the PlayBook could run Android apps natively then I would highly recommend one.
    I would toss my BlackBerry PlayBooks in the trash can if Research In Motion ever allows Google Android applications to run natively on this tablet. The existence of the BlackBerry Android Player is bad enough.
    01-13-13 06:46 PM
    Short answer........YES!! You can't go wrong at the current prices
    01-13-13 06:57 PM
    Definitely buy one...it is a fantastic tablet and you will be in very good company!
    01-13-13 07:53 PM
    Now cheap, new one no
    01-13-13 07:54 PM
    I bought a couple of them. Do it, do it now
    01-14-13 12:40 AM
    Yes, buy one now, if you can find one.
    01-14-13 02:12 AM
    It totally depends on your needs. I just bought one a few days ago, and I'm really happy with it. It does everything I need it for really well.
    If you want a reasonable web browser, email, reading books, listening to music, watching TV/movies then I'd say buy one. If you live in the UK, then you just missed out on it being extra cheap, but it is still very good value.
    However, if you want access to loads of games or the latest and greatest selection of apps then maybe an Android or Apple device would be a better choice. I can really only repeat although the very good price at the time was a major factor in influencing my decision to get one, that I am very happy with mine, but as other people have said, only you can really decide if it will suit your needs.
    As far as waiting for the new model of Playbook, seeing as BB10 is promised for the current one, the only thing that a new one model would offer is going to be improvements to the hardware (screen resolution? processor power? etc.) again, only you can really assess whether these improvements would offer you any real benefits.

(if I were you, I'd probably treat myself, oh yes, but I already have!! )

Regards,
    Chris.
    01-14-13 03:27 AM
    I would toss my BlackBerry PlayBooks in the trash can if Research In Motion ever allows Google Android applications to run natively on this tablet. The existence of the BlackBerry Android Player is bad enough.
    Why? Surely if this was done securely, it can only be an advantage?? You wouldn't have to install any apps you didn't want to, but you would have the choice to do so if you needed to....
    01-14-13 03:33 AM
    Because of the Brigde feature, I use my Playbook more than my Kindle Fire HD. Playbook is a great device for the price. Can't go wrong with a cheap device now
    01-14-13 09:57 AM
    yes catlinFD, yes you should.
    01-14-13 12:48 PM
    if you are considering buying it but want to hold off for BB10... BUY IT!

stores might try to take advantage of BB10 and RAISE prices.
    01-14-13 10:26 PM