07-31-13 11:07 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    If you want an extremely limited device that has little to no hope of the type of functionality one would expect from a tablet, take the plunge.
    I have a love/hate relationship with mine. It is a high quality device and the QNX environment is my favorite of the tablet OSes, but it is also the least supported of the current "living" OSes. I don't see that changing, either. Blackberry is dead as its own thing, they slept on the future and then phoned it in when their back was against the wall.
    Buying a Playbook is a bad investment. They are really cheap, but ultimately you will feel that you broke even on the investment. There is almost zero chance that it will be anything more than the crippled, barely better than a Kindle Fire tablet device it is now (even though the Kindle is not as high quality from a hardware standpoint, it is much better on the software end). I bought mine almost two years ago, and I have the same opinion now that I did then. It was a low risk gamble to buy it, but it didn't pay off in the end. You get what you pay for: a mediocre tablet.
    06-26-13 11:21 AM
    RIM will disappear, not tomorrow,, but very soon...
    07-30-13 06:51 PM
    If you want an extremely limited device that has little to no hope of the type of functionality one would expect from a tablet, take the plunge.
    I have a love/hate relationship with mine. It is a high quality device and the QNX environment is my favorite of the tablet OSes, but it is also the least supported of the current "living" OSes. I don't see that changing, either. Blackberry is dead as its own thing, they slept on the future and then phoned it in when their back was against the wall.
    Buying a Playbook is a bad investment. They are really cheap, but ultimately you will feel that you broke even on the investment. There is almost zero chance that it will be anything more than the crippled, barely better than a Kindle Fire tablet device it is now (even though the Kindle is not as high quality from a hardware standpoint, it is much better on the software end). I bought mine almost two years ago, and I have the same opinion now that I did then. It was a low risk gamble to buy it, but it didn't pay off in the end. You get what you pay for: a mediocre tablet.
    I completely disagree with you. I had a playbook for a year and a half before I bought one for my gf, and replaced mine for an Ipad mini. It was a great work horse and got me through my last year of school. It does everything I needed of it. It does word editing, ppt, excel just fine. It even has an HDMI the only gripe I had with it was it was never going to get BB10 until well after the fact. Also, I replaced my Playbook because I shattered the screen
    07-30-13 07:48 PM
    LOL!! Is the OP still waiting for the answer?
    dphjeff likes this.
    07-30-13 09:42 PM
    Maybe the OP takes awhile to makeup there mind. Enjoyable reading though.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-30-13 09:51 PM
    RIM will disappear, not tomorrow,, but very soon...
    Well, yes RIMM is gone but BlackBerry still lives on. I see more turbulent times ahead for BB but ultimately they will survive, in my opinion. They are a company with innovative ideas and products that need to carve out a bigger niche of the mobile computing market if they are going to stay relevant.
    07-31-13 02:20 AM
    no, hell no
    you would be buying a 2 years old technology with on OS for which there will be no more upgrades
    plus no more new apps
    take your $200 and buy the new I-pad mini or the new android
    07-31-13 11:07 PM
82 ... 234