No do not buy a playbook! I almost do not use mine anymore, hardware and OS are over and do not expect to get BB10 on the playbook.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-814281/
    06-03-13 01:19 PM
    Good choice, i find it quite ducky!
    I'm glad it's too late because if I had to make up my mind based on the replies to me asking for help I would be buying a typewriter instead.

Perhaps I should ask for help on the ipad site.
    06-03-13 01:52 PM
    I have a strange urge to drink brandy.
    06-03-13 02:19 PM
    Good choice, i find it quite ducky!
    Not if you own multiple units
    06-03-13 02:24 PM
    I have a strange urge to drink brandy.
    and some pasties to go along with it.
    eddy_berry and dangerousfen like this.
    If in were you, I would wait to here any definitive word on a new BlackBerry tablet or a major update to the current one. If you can wait, don't get a PlayBook.

If you need a workhorse (true multitasking, apps, Excel Word PowerPoint capabilities, get the Surface RT or Pro. If you want it just for entertainment, get an iPod or Nexus.

I had a hands on with the Surface and boy, it's legit.

Just being real people.

Posted via CB10
    Being real and suggesting a Surface ******** edition? Pleahhse.

Surface Pro - fine. RT? You gotta be kidding - another utterly useless product, another royal failure from MSFT.
    Being real and suggesting a Surface ******** edition? Pleahhse.

Surface Pro - fine. RT? You gotta be kidding - another utterly useless product, another royal failure from MSFT.
    I'm not that up on gadgets so I don't know all the things your saying. They may be good but I already got my playbooks I just can't get pass the password bit
    06-03-13 02:29 PM
    06-03-13 02:30 PM
    OP, do you live in the US?

If so I would advise you to go to the nearest B&N and check out their Nook HD and HD+, they are on sale until June 16 for $125 and $145 - the latter is the price of a 16GB HD+ which is a 9", beautiful 1920x1200 Android tablet, with Google's Play Store supported, SD card slot etc, with different user profiles right out of the box (eg Mom, Dad, kid etc, all with different home screens, apps, parental levels, permissions etc) you name it.
    Comes with 16GB onboard but SD slot gives you option for extraq 64GB (and buying the 32GB version is actually only adds $20 to the price.)
    A terrific deal for one of the best designed Android tablets, if you ask me.
    06-03-13 02:35 PM

If I ever get past the password setup will thev playbook do that.
    06-03-13 02:36 PM
    OP, do you live in the US?

If so I would advise you to go to the nearest B&N and check out their Nook HD and HD+, they are on sale until June 16 for $125 and $145 - the latter is the price of a 16GB HD+ which is a 9", beautiful 1920x1200 Android tablet, with Google's Play Store supported, SD card slot etc, with different user profiles right out of the box (eg Mom, Dad, kid etc, all with different home screens, apps, parental levels, permissions etc) you name it.
    Comes with 16GB onboard but SD slot gives you option for extraq 64GB (and buying the 32GB version is actually only adds $20 to the price.)
    A terrific deal for one of the best designed Android tablets, if you ask me.
    It's too late OP is now stuck with us to wait for the playbook upgrade. We need the numbers to pressure BB to move their feet.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-03-13 02:37 PM
    It's too late OP is now stuck with us to wait for the playbook upgrade. We need the numbers to pressure BB to move their feet.
    How do I get pas the password bit on setup
    06-03-13 02:41 PM
    I'm not that up on gadgets so I don't know all the things your saying. They may be good but I already got my playbooks I just can't get pass the password bit
    SF RT = a hilariously overpriced yet painfully slow tablet, built on an ARM-based HW platform, running a stripped-down special flavor of Windows 8, comes with its own (limited) Office edition preinstalled, offers no compatibility with any PC software whatsoever, does not allow you to install anything, you have to re-pruchase everything from the online Windows App Store but it is actually a dead place, lacks any meaningful software

SF Pro = eye-poppingly overpriced (think of $1k and up if you want such "extras" as a touch keyboard!) but decent (1080p) tablet HW, built on standard x86, runs standard (32-bit) Windows 8, along with all your desktop apps, lets you install anything
    06-03-13 02:45 PM
    How do I get pas the password bit on setup
    I don't think you can bypass password set up on the initial state.
    06-03-13 02:48 PM
    There isn't officially an kindle app, but I was able to download an android port and side load it. And.... it works really well. Very stable and functional. The only "issue" is that it is brighter than an actual kindle, so you won't see the same battery life and it wears on my eyes sometimes. So, it's not as comfortable to read on as the kindle.

I really like the playbook. It's very responsive and stable. Has a decent web browser and good for music, pictures etc.

I think it depends on your expectations. If you think this is going to replace your laptop - no, don't do it. If you think it's going to replace your kindle - okay, possibly. If you just want an extra gadget to do miscellaneous things on, sure go for it. For the prices that they run now, it's a great deal.

If there are any apps that you just have to have, double check first and make sure that they are available. I wouldn't count on BB10 coming to the playbook. Maybe it will happen, maybe not.
    06-03-13 02:49 PM
    Too bad... I'm contemplating getting a Nook HD or HD+ myself, terrific deals for the price.
    I'm still undecided whether I will keep my Z10 or not but PB was already ruled out after I checked prices and learned that 4G ones are carrying price tags beyond completely ridiculous (I'm pretty sure wifi-only ones are unlikely to be able to run BB10 properly.)
    06-03-13 02:49 PM
    If you're really eying the PlayBook...this may encourage you. It did for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-814259/
    06-03-13 02:50 PM
    I don't think you can bypass password set up on the initial state.
    So what do I put in
    06-03-13 02:56 PM
    So what do I put in
    Your home wifi password.
    06-03-13 02:58 PM
    ok,,, why are you posting this here & trying to set up 4 playbooks on another thread???
    06-03-13 03:05 PM
    ok,,, why are you posting this here & trying to set up 4 playbooks on another thread???
    He's just trying to get some help, no need to police him.
    06-03-13 03:07 PM
    So what do I put in
    Anything you like if it's the device password... but make sure you remember it! It's asking you to define a password, not guess one.

Tho' are you sure it's not asking for your WiFi password?

It's been a long time since I set mine up, so apologies for being a bit "vague", but straight out of the box the PB will take you through a few set-up screens. At one of them you need to enter a BBID, which (rather confusingly) is actually asking for your email address. You'll need a BBID if you get Apps from the BB Appstore.

Eventually you'll be prompted to update the OS to the latest version. This is done over WiFi, and is huge, so make sure you have a fast reliable broadband connection. When I bought mine, you had to update the OS... I can't recall if it is now optional, but is worth doing.

Once you've done all that ... and the couple of tutorials to practice "swiping"... you'll be ready to go.

You'll need to sideload Kindle as it's not an official Appstore app... when you get there post again, and I'm sure someone will talk you through it.

PB at the current prices is an absolute steal. Whether the OS update to BB10 ever comes or not, what you get now for the money is incredible value.
    06-03-13 03:11 PM
    Anything you like if it's the device password... but make sure you remember it! It's asking you to define a password, not guess one.

Tho' are you sure it's not asking for your WiFi password?

It's been a long time since I set mine up, so apologies for being a bit "vague", but straight out of the box the PB will take you through a few set-up screens. At one of them you need to enter a BBID, which (rather confusingly) is actually asking for your email address. You'll need a BBID if you get Apps from the BB Appstore.

Eventually you'll be prompted to update the OS to the latest version. This is done over WiFi, and is huge, so make sure you have a fast reliable broadband connection. When I bought mine, you had to update the OS... I can't recall if it is now optional, but is worth doing.

Once you've done all that ... and the couple of tutorials to practice "swiping"... you'll be ready to go.

You'll need to sideload Kindle as it's not an official Appstore app... when you get there post again, and I'm sure someone will talk you through it.

PB at the current prices is an absolute steal. Whether the OS update to BB10 ever comes or not, what you get now for the money is incredible value.
    Not many people remember their router password. LOL. I have to keep it in different places just in case. Failing that I usually call my isp to help me sought it out or reset the password.
    06-03-13 03:15 PM
    Cause they are the same forum and at first noone was answering in this one so somebody aswered me in the other one and then people answered me in this one. Anyway bb helped me when I rung them so don't worry
    06-03-13 03:16 PM
    I would honestly wait and see if there is concrete evidence that the playbook is BB10.
    06-03-13 03:32 PM
69 123