I am using a kindle at the time and as the offer on playbooks is so good and it runs kindle should I buy one of am I wasting my time and should I get an iPad instead.

Thanks you for your help
    06-03-13 10:37 AM
    Kind of depends on what you plan to do with it. Do you own a BB Phone? That would be one consideration. The others would be how you plan to use it in the real world. for the price, you should get the largest memory model you can get. They WILL fill up fast. I have 2 64 gb models, one for work and one for my AV system at home, it acts as a media server to my receivers/TV.

C
    06-03-13 10:44 AM
    Kind of depends on what you plan to do with it. Do you own a BB Phone? That would be one consideration. The others would be how you plan to use it in the real world. for the price, you should get the largest memory model you can get. They WILL fill up fast. I have 2 64 gb models, one for work and one for my AV system at home, it acts as a media server to my receivers/TV.

C
    Thanks. I want it to be just like my kindle only better.
    06-03-13 10:49 AM
    I am using a kindle at the time and as the offer on playbooks is so good and it runs kindle should I buy one of am I wasting my time and should I get an iPad instead.

Thanks you for your help
    Actually, that is a tough decision, considering that we don't know for sure (at least, not at 100%), if BB will release the BB10 upgrade for the PB.
    So if you get the PB right now, you will have a device with an excellent build quality and a decent (and yet outdated) OS, at a very good price. And when the BB10 upgrade becomes available, it will increase the value and usability of the PB. But if the upgrade never happen, you will have a nice (and expensive) picture frame or paper weight.
    In the other hand, if you wait for the BB10 upgrade before buying the PB, the price of the device will rise and maybe it will be not so attractive or accesible to your pocket.
    I actually took option 1 several months ago, and I hope Blackberry keep the promise of releasing the BB10 upgrade, otherwise, I'm doomed.
    06-03-13 11:00 AM
    Actually, that is a tough decision, considering that we don't know for sure (at least, not at 100%), if BB will release the BB10 upgrade for the PB.
    So if you get the PB right now, you will have a device with an excellent build quality and a decent (and yet outdated) OS, at a very good price. And when the BB10 upgrade becomes available, it will increase the value and usability of the PB. But if the upgrade never happen, you will have a nice (and expensive) picture frame or paper weight.
    In the other hand, if you wait for the BB10 upgrade before buying the PB, the price of the device will rise and maybe it will be not so attractive or accesible to your pocket.
    I actually took option 1 several months ago, and I hope Blackberry keep the promise of releasing the BB10 upgrade, otherwise, I'm doomed.
    I don't consider �99 expensive when compared to the candle and I do pay more than that for picture frames. Does that mean I should buy one. Also what is bb10 please.
    06-03-13 11:05 AM
    Buy if you have a blackberry legacy device...It goes very well with that ...
    Or if you want it as ebook reader...
    I should warn you thats it bulky than ipad mini or kindle
    06-03-13 11:21 AM
    Buy if you have a blackberry legacy device...It goes very well with that ...
    Or if you want it as ebook reader...
    I should warn you thats it bulky than ipad mini or kindle
    Yes I now that the man in the shop showed me one but I like the screen.
    06-03-13 11:25 AM
    If in were you, I would wait to here any definitive word on a new BlackBerry tablet or a major update to the current one. If you can wait, don't get a PlayBook.

If you need a workhorse (true multitasking, apps, Excel Word PowerPoint capabilities, get the Surface RT or Pro. If you want it just for entertainment, get an iPod or Nexus.

I had a hands on with the Surface and boy, it's legit.

Just being real people.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 11:29 AM
    If in were you, I would wait to here any definitive word on a new BlackBerry tablet or a major update to the current one. If you can wait, don't get a PlayBook.

If you need a workhorse (true multitasking, apps, Excel Word PowerPoint capabilities, get the Surface RT or Pro. If you want it just for entertainment, get an iPod or Nexus.

I had a hands on with the Surface and boy, it's legit.

Just being real people.

Posted via CB10
    In other words don't eh.
    06-03-13 11:34 AM
    ...when the BB10 upgrade becomes available, it will increase the value and usability of the PB. But if the upgrade never happen, you will have a nice (and expensive) picture frame or paper weight.
    Nonsense. If BB10 doesn't come to the Playbook, she still has a working device on PB OS 2.1 that functions perfectly whell as an e-reader and general entertainment device. Do check and make sure that there is a Kindle app tho. I thought there was not.
    sisko2003 and litig8or98 like this.
    06-03-13 11:45 AM
    Nonsense. If BB10 doesn't come to the Playbook, she still has a working device on PB OS 2.1 that functions perfectly whell as an e-reader and general entertainment device. Do check and make sure that there is a Kindle app tho. I thought there was not.
    Yes my friend showed me his and it works really nice as well.
    06-03-13 11:48 AM
    What's your price range? For $100-150, it's a great little device as-is. Hopefully it'll get some development down the road in the form of OS update (BB10 or some iteration of 2.2), but if not it's still a nice device. I still use mine almost daily as an entertainment device (I control my stereo system with my PlayBook through the Music Gateway).
    06-03-13 11:52 AM
    I like my PlayBook.
    Sure the OS (Operating System) is a tad bit outdated, but I still think it is pretty comparable to the current tablets in the market today.

BB10 is the latest OS. The CEO (Thorsten Heins) stated awhile back that the PlayBook will be getting the newest OS then the PlayBook will be compatible to run the latest applications. And it will refresh the PlayBook, but there are speculations whether or not the OS will be coming to the PlayBook.
    I think the PlayBook is worth buying; I use mine all the time.

For the price of the PlayBook and what it can do - it is an amazing unit.

But if there is no update to BB10, there will minimal apps created for the PlayBook (only existing apps will be available); therefore, it will be just a useful web browser machine.
    06-03-13 12:04 PM
    What's your price range? For $100-150, it's a great little device as-is. Hopefully it'll get some development down the road in the form of OS update (BB10 or some iteration of 2.2), but if not it's still a nice device. I still use mine almost daily as an entertainment device (I control my stereo system with my PlayBook through the Music Gateway).
    Price has nothing to do with it at all. I just wanted to now if it was a good item. After asking for help I found some more positive members below here that convinced me it was so my driver is taking me back to the shop for one. It's only �99 and my friends one is really nice on the screen. But thank you
    06-03-13 12:08 PM
    I also agree with Remmo, I'm with him... I purchased my PlayBook in January and been loving my PlayBook, it goes everywhere I go.
    I bought my Dad a PlayBook the year before and was playing with it, and thought this tablet is great, so I had to purchase one for myself.

Also what Walt63 stated is true, but the MS Surface is about 9 times more expensive... the Surface here in BC are worth close to 950$, where as the PlayBook you can purchase for 150$.

It all depends on what you want the tablet to do for you.
    potatoheadguy likes this.
    06-03-13 12:13 PM
    If you are not that interested in gadgets or more interested in playing games you should not buy one. If you don't mind sideloading Apps and like multitasking devices plus use for work go for it.
    06-03-13 12:16 PM
    you should get a couple of em.
    potatoheadguy likes this.
    06-03-13 12:35 PM
    you should get a couple of em.
    Too late I already have
    eddy_berry and dangerousfen like this.
    06-03-13 12:43 PM
    In other words don't eh.
    I wouldn't. I have one and I'm telling you no.

I also believe that the Surface works very nicely with a Z10. I think there's some threads that discuss that it supports BlackBerry Link and wifi file transferring.

It's kinda like what PlayBook should really be like.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:49 PM
    Another thing you need to consider is playbook is way heavier than kindle. Especially if you like to read in bed. Overtime though, you might get use to it once your biceps starts to develop.
    eddy_berry and jtizzle71 like this.
    06-03-13 01:00 PM
    the playbook is a nice device. I have both and transformer tablet and a playbook and I find I like the way the playbook works better than the tablet. From what I read you have picked up a playbook so I surely hope you enjoy it. You should try the video chat feature with your friend who also has a playbook if you wanted to see something else the playbook can do.
    06-03-13 01:05 PM
    No you shouldn't put a playbook. The hardware is older then more current models of tablets. Newer tablests are lighter, and run a more current version of their operating system. If you want to wait 6, 8, 12 months or whenever for Blackberry to make a more updated tablet then go ahead. but if you want to buy something now a playbook is probably not it.
    06-03-13 01:06 PM
    No do not buy a playbook! I almost do not use mine anymore, hardware and OS are over and do not expect to get BB10 on the playbook.
    06-03-13 01:10 PM
    No you shouldn't put a playbook. The hardware is older then more current models of tablets. Newer tablests are lighter, and run a more current version of their operating system. If you want to wait 6, 8, 12 months or whenever for Blackberry to make a more updated tablet then go ahead. but if you want to buy something now a playbook is probably not it.
    What if you only have a budget of $150? For that kind of price, for the kind of specs, it certainly place Playbook in a much better light.
    06-03-13 01:10 PM
    Too late I already have
    Good choice, i find it quite ducky!
    06-03-13 01:13 PM
69 123