I've been trying to sell my 32GB PB (along with the OEM leather flip-case) with all original accessories/box, etc. on eBay for a while. Listed it for $25 but no bites, so $100 is way too much, if you ask me. Although I think it does depend on what part of the world you're in, and how many others are out there in your area. I agree with the others, though, it's outdated but it CAN be used for media. The speakers on the PB are out of this world, the stereo reproduction from L to R is outstanding, never ceases to amaze me. Way better than the shameful iPad speakers, IMHO. There are no new apps, as far as I can tell but every few weeks there are very minor updates to some of the apps I have installed on mine. Good luck.
    11-17-14 01:22 PM
    I wouldn't spend a dime on a PlayBook at this point. Not saying it's useless, but it's simply obsolete. In the tech world it's worth $0. For example if a store was to have inventory of playbooks they would have to be recorded as $0 value, same goes for any IT shop with a fleet of them.

Posted via CB10
    So you're telling me that if someone offered you a perfectly good PlayBook, you wouldn't give them 10 cents for it? O___o

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-17-14 01:59 PM
    $100 USD is way too much for a PlayBook.

Like others have said, maybe for $20 or so I'd pick it up, but no more than that. For $100USD a low end recent Android will serve you much better.
    Haven't checked recently but last time I saw the PlayBook on amazon it was about $60. Let's not forget that you can connect your BlackBerry to it through bluetooth so that you can browse the Internet through it without a carrier data plan connected to the PlayBook. That's a selling point they didn't necessarily take advantage of.

11-17-14 02:01 PM
    Go kindle fire instead for the 100$

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 02:26 PM
    Perfect device for movies (that are stored on the device), and music (same). But otherwise, it is old and slow. In addition, 100USD is too much, 60 would be acceptable.

Cannot choose between glas or plastic keyboard
    11-17-14 02:43 PM
    To be honest I probably wouldn't. I have one already and it is collecting dust. I keep the one I have (and I wouldn't give it away) just because I'm a huge blackberry fan and I want it for my collection.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-17-14 03:54 PM
    Yeah is has really good price. But it's too much outdated device.
    11-17-14 04:04 PM
    I want to buy because I am getting on very reasonable prices
    Only 6,000 rs

posted via Q10
    I wouldn't. Wait for a good deal on a newer tablet. Nothing against the PB. I still have mine, but app support and now OS support is very limited.
    11-17-14 05:13 PM
    Buy a galaxy tab. One of the brand new ones. $180

11-17-14 06:24 PM
    I still use my Playbook for web browsing and video when I travel...guess it depends on what you want to use it for. Good luck!
    11-17-14 06:46 PM
    No you shouldn't buy it unless you only want it for watching movies or listening to music. The web browser lags to much for it to be a decent browsing tablet so it's not good for much anything else.
    MLDodier likes this.
    11-17-14 07:09 PM
    At $100, is too expensive. It s outdated only good as a media player. No update available.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:25 PM
    Take a pass and don't look back.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 07:59 PM
    I haven't picked mine up since I got my Passport. Had a Z30 before and used it very little. I would apply that $$ to a passport. If in the near future you were going to upgrade your phone I would combine the $$ for both of them and buy a Passport. You won't regret it. Good luck with your decision

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 08:06 PM
    Well, I put my money where my mouth is today and bought a third Playbook.
    dmlis likes this.
    11-17-14 09:03 PM
    Way too out out of date.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:16 PM
    I used to bring my PlayBook with me everywhere when I had a 9790. One I got bb10 I forgot about the playbook. I don't find tablets convenient at all, a phone and a computer is all you need now. Computers are way better now than ther were when the iPad came along. They boot fast, they have good battery life, they look better and are more portable and they are computers. Jut get the tablet out of your head.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-17-14 10:16 PM
    For playing videos or music or if you just need it for a simple spreadsheet, sure go for it.

For browsing, it's really bad, slow and almost unusable. It's a really bad experience. Lots of waiting for stuff to download. When you hit the back button it takes forever to load previously view pages. If you turn flash off and Java script it's almost usable, but you end up with many pages that don't work.

Bottom line, if you need a movies player or a bedside clock it's fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 10:25 PM
    I used to bring my PlayBook with me everywhere when I had a 9790. One I got bb10 I forgot about the playbook. I don't find tablets convenient at all, a phone and a computer is all you need now. Computers are way better now than ther were when the iPad came along. They boot fast, they have good battery life, they look better and are more portable and they are computers. Jut get the tablet out of your head.

Posted via CB10
    I can't really agree with this. There are times my phone isn't in my bedroom when I'm going to sleep and I want to look something up on the Internet or check email. Instead of lugging out the laptop which always needs a charge and will always take longer than a tablet to boot, I like to pull out my tablet check my email by tapping my email icon on the home screen or going into my browser and quickly look up what I wanted to see. A laptop can sometimes he too big or inconvenient for much simpler tasks.

Computers are very useful when it comes to documents, spreadsheets and so forth but for simple use, they stink.

The Amazing Passport is charging, Posted via Q10
    11-17-14 10:34 PM
    The Playbook is fine for consumption tasks but don't expect it to meet all your requirements. If you can source an LTE version of the PB cheaply then go for it.
    11-18-14 01:14 AM
    As others have said, the audio capabilities of the PlayBook are still better than most competition.
    The screen is good too. For me, streaming Internet radio, audiobooks, and music files I use daily.
    It also displays EPUB format ebooks.
    I've got a bluetooth keyboard for document creation, though the pop up keyboard is better than any other I've used
    But as everyone else has said, the apps were always limited, and are reducing further.
    I think $100 is too much, half that would be OK. It depends on whether you want everything to just work, or you're willing to nurse it to get the best results.
    What do you want to do with it?
    11-18-14 01:47 AM
    I would recommend to buy a windows pro tablet. You can find really cheap ones. I suggest windows tablets cause you can have legacy windows apps plus apps from appstore. That means you can always have connected your BlackBerry with the tablet with link and blend. And many many more. Check this out http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...UvbUpU11089960

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:58 AM
    My humble opinion: dont buy it's outdated, slow as hell and it's usable only to listen to radio while showering.
    11-18-14 05:38 AM
    The PlayBook is still the best tablet one can get for only 100$.
    I would definitely buy it for 100$.

There are some limitations (Firefox, Skype and many other popular apps are not available), but it's a great device for browsing (with the free Origami browser), gaming and checking e-mails.
    You could also purchase some fun apps like Pencil Camera, Groovy Notes, Pacemaker to extend the functionalities. etc. etc.
    11-18-14 07:37 AM
    For general usage such as browsing,videos,social networking its good
    For high end games I don't think so
    But ive seen it playing modern combat 3,4 smoothly so I guess its a good buy for until nxt year

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:02 AM
81 1234