I know someone who has a brand new ATT BB Bold 9900 that I can buy from him for $400. I am currently using my Bold 9700 with my PB.
    Should I buy the 9900 and sell my 9700 on CL for maybe $150 with craddle/charging pod? My phone is still in good condition and working fine. I've had the 9700 for over a year. I just want an upgrade.
    I saw the demo using the 9900 to remote control the PB is so cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 05:18 PM
    If you have the disposable $$$ to spend, then I say go for it. I had the 9700 and upgraded the the 9930. I love it. The bridge works much better with it. Also, when I was using the 9700, I kept forgetting that it didn't have a touch screen after using my playbook for a while. It was starting to annoy me. The 9930 fixed that. Of course 400 bucks is a lot of money so you'll have to decide if this is what you really want.
    01-16-12 05:33 PM
    If you have the disposable $$$ to spend, then I say go for it. I had the 9700 and upgraded the the 9930. I love it. The bridge works much better with it. Also, when I was using the 9700, I kept forgetting that it didn't have a touch screen after using my playbook for a while. It was starting to annoy me. The 9930 fixed that. Of course 400 bucks is a lot of money so you'll have to decide if this is what you really want.
    LOL - I do this every time with my own 9700. I generally poke at the thing two or three times before it sinks in that it doesn't work all that well. I have to buy one of those OS7 gadgets so I can test my Java version on it. A couple more good months with the PB version and I'll have the entry fee.
    01-16-12 06:08 PM
    heck i try to touch the screen on my laptop. the rare times even use a laptop any more.
    playbook put my laptop on the sidelines
    bbfan1040 and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-16-12 06:13 PM
    heck i try to touch the screen on my laptop. the rare times even use a laptop any more.
    playbook put my laptop on the sidelines
    The only thing I use my laptop for lately is photoshop and video editing. I feel bad. I think my laptop is lonely.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-16-12 06:24 PM
    Haha!

I regularly swipe my Torch's screen from the bezel, expecting a menu to dropdown or to close an app.
    01-16-12 06:51 PM
    I have a 9930and it is the best BB I have ever had however if you use apps from outside vendors like Scottrade some have not upgraded apps for 9900/9930.
    01-16-12 07:12 PM
    OP, if you have the funds... DO IT! OS7 runs soooo much smoother.
    01-16-12 07:18 PM
    The 9900 and Playbook are the perfect combo. If you can afford to spend the extra funds I would not hesitate to upgrade
    01-16-12 07:24 PM
    I personally wouldn't.
    Save the money for a QNX phone.
    Even if you already have an upgrade.
    01-16-12 07:32 PM
    Haha!

I regularly swipe my Torch's screen from the bezel, expecting a menu to dropdown or to close an app.
    I do the same thing with my iPad.
    01-16-12 07:47 PM
    The only thing I use my laptop for lately is photoshop and video editing. I feel bad. I think my laptop is lonely.
    the only reason i use my laptop alot any more is cuz i dont want the rest of my family getting jealous that they dont have a tablet and i have this portable powerhouse. lol. but when im not around them i use my playbook for just about everything.
    01-16-12 07:53 PM
    I personally wouldn't.
    Save the money for a QNX phone.
    Even if you already have an upgrade.
    Good point.
    I don't want to feel like out dated again in a few months.
    When is the QNX scheduled to be released?

Thanks everyone.

01-16-12 09:20 PM
    Add me to the "I touch non-touchscreen screens" club.

Just wanted to point out that remote control is possible on non-touchscreen devices. You use the trackpad.

I won't have a OS7 device unless it is dirty cheap. I'm done with not getting OS support. BB10 is where I'll be when my 9780 is retired.
    01-16-12 09:33 PM
    Good point.
    I don't want to feel like out dated again in a few months.
    When is the QNX scheduled to be released?

Thanks everyone.

According to what i read in the London forum. BGR reported Q3 of 2012.
    01-16-12 09:34 PM
    I know someone who has a brand new ATT BB Bold 9900 that I can buy from him for $400. I just want an upgrade.
    If I were in those shoes, you could wager a bet I would!!!

I kept forgetting that it didn't have a touch screen
    Happens to me when I use anyone else's phone (to help them figure out something). It's like when I switch from my 4x4 to an automatic. I stomp on the floor with my left foot and my right hand wants to shift....

hahahaha!! Me, too!!! (at least I'm not the only one... )
    01-16-12 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD