12-30-11 07:20 AM
460 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just talked to UPS..they confirmed that the zipcode that my BB is going to is in Iowa...that wouldn't be a problem if I didn't live in NORTH CAROLINA!! What in the heck is going on?!
    12-08-11 02:03 PM
    And so the saga continues ...

Continued from my post at 12:19pm EST December 8th...

Dec 8/11 - No call back from the supervisor, or email, etc.
    Dec 8/11 - Called them (AGAIN) at 4:00pm EST ... order is cancelled and can not be "escalated" due to "moderate risk order" ... they have my billing and shipping address as the same thing (my fault) ... but when I verify with them my credit card address they say that even though it matches they can not reinstate the order.

They have to re-do the entire order from scratch, they will match the $199 price, but not the $10 off coupon (total BS if you ask me). Now I have to call back in a few days for an update because the orders they enter over the phone do not track on their website ????

What kind of operation is this?

Cancel orders that could be verified with a quick email or phone call ... do not honour discounts on the re-order even though the "cancellation" is due to their lack of service/common sense ... NEVER return calls or emails, you have to chase them ...

MASSIVE AND EPIC FAIL!

I really hope people from RIM are paying attention ... want to know why your stock is low and probably going to be $5 or less at the end of the 1st quarter of 2012 ... SHODDY BUSINESS PARTNERS!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 04:29 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam:

I ordered a 16 GB playbook on 12/02 on Shopblackberry.com. But I need to cancel this order. In this regard, I tried to calling customer service,, but no luck. So, I e-mailed them with my request to cancel my order on 12/03. Finally, I could reach the customer service through phone, and again requested them to cancel my order. Even all these communication my order has been shipped today.

Would anybody suggest how can I still cancel my order?

I am really repenting my decision to purchase my playbook through shopblackberry.com

Looking forward for any suggestion.

D
    12-08-11 08:04 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam:

I ordered a 16 GB playbook on 12/02 on Shopblackberry.com. But I need to cancel this order. In this regard, I tried to calling customer service,, but no luck. So, I e-mailed them with my request to cancel my order on 12/03. Finally, I could reach the customer service through phone, and again requested them to cancel my order. Even all these communication my order has been shipped today.

Would anybody suggest how can I still cancel my order?

I am really repenting my decision to purchase my playbook through shopblackberry.com

Looking forward for any suggestion.

D
    You should be able to refuse shipment and have it returned to sender.
    12-08-11 08:08 PM
    What a HORRIBLE customer experience...

Nov 28/11 - Placed my order
    Nov 29/11 - Got an email titled Shipment Update ... going to take 5-6 days longer
    Nov 29/11 - Order goes into "Inventory Hold" status
    Dec 5/11 - Called due to still "Inventory Hold" ... told it is in shipping waiting to go out status should show shipped today or first thing tommorrow
    Dec 6/11 - Called due to no status change ... told not in shipping, but passed all "fraud checks" and on its way to shipping and will take another day or two to go out
    Dec 7/11 - Called due to no status change ... and I was curious ... told it was at shipping and should be going out "shortly"
    Dec 7/11 - A few hours later ... Status changed to CANCELLED ???? - Called them and was told nothing wrong with order and that they will re-instate it and ship it right away
    Dec 8/11 - Cancelled AGAIN ... called and had re-instated
    Dec 8/11 - 1 hour later ... Cancelled AGAIN ... called and they are having a supervisor look into it

Customer service ... HORRIBLE, BlackBerry product in general ... 2 YEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION, RIM's choice of business partners ... ATTROCIOUS

RIM = RIP

I wouldn't bother with the devices if my company did not require them! And a good friend works for their head office ... and none of the people there like the company or the crap they are causing ... ALL HAIL SAMSUNG AND APPLE!
    You should read the slickdeals.net threads when the HP Touchpad went on firesale. These companies took orders, cancelled en mass, then took new orders... HP Small Business, HP Home and Office, Amazon/OnSale, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, etc. This doesn't excuse RIM and their vendor, but illustrates that even reputable online retailers cannot deal with a sudden spike in orders.
    12-08-11 08:16 PM
    Fellow Betrayed Blackberry Users,

Ordered the Playbook at the sale price on Black Friday...received an email that my order has been cancelled due to being a "high risk transaction" on the 29th. Here we are the 7th of December, and no refund has been received. Dont get me started on customer service, I've been calling since the day of cancellation, and I've yet to get someone on the phone! I've sent several emails; no response. WTF is this? Is this a joke? You cancel my order, but dont issue a refund? I spoke to my card carrier, the refund can only be placed by the merchant. So at this point, I paid $200 for no product and a headache...hah!

On a personal note, Im one of those devoted blackberry users, love the product cus it suites my needs and interest. But by golly, its as a evident as daylight that your loosing market share, steadily, and this is the treatment your customers get? I dont care if a third party co. (Global Ware) is responsible, your leaving a really bad taste in my mouth! Apple and Android will undoubtedly capitalize from this nightmare you have caused your customers. Shameful!

If at the very least I was able to get in touch with Customer Service, perhaps I wouldnt be as animated; but I feel as if you stole my money and I have NO recourse!
    During the HP Touchpad firesale, credit card charges were listed as pending for a few days to weeks, depending on how fast the vendor was able to clear things, after the huge spike in customers. I suspect your charge is a pending one and you won't be paying for it when your next statement arrives.
    12-08-11 08:22 PM
    They dont deserve to be making a profit after the way they treat their customers. I will not be ordering anymore BlackBerry products, especially any accessories for my PB (If I actually receive it).
    Explain why is it that you /deserve/ a Playbook for below manufacturing costs?

It's like someone camping out for Black Friday, getting a $100 HDTV and then declaring that they would never shop there again because of the hardship of camping out.

I doubt RIM's vendor was prepared for the onslaught, since, after all, there wasn't much interest in the Playbook prior to the sale...

Worst. Buying. Experience. Ever.
    Too bad you missed out on the HP Touchpad firesale fun... It went on for two months...
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-08-11 08:31 PM
    WOW this is going to be a long wait... At this point I've been waiting 8 days, was hoping to get by my Birthday (yesterday) and that ain't going to happen. Perhaps I will get by Christmas, New Years, anyone have a guess when it will ship? So disappointed like everyone else!
    12-08-11 08:40 PM
    This company is one giant cluster****. I placed an order nearly 2 weeks ago and for the past week my order has been "Shipped". When I called today to get a tracking # they told me my order was not yet shipped. What online store lists an order as "Shipped", charges your credit card (yes the full charge was posted to my CC last Monday) and doesn't actually ship it out? It's pure insanity bordering on thievery.

I think I'll give them until Monday to get their **** in order then call to mastercard and dispute the charge. There's only so many stupid excuses I can hande.
    12-08-11 08:42 PM

It's like someone camping out for Black Friday, getting a $100 HDTV and then declaring that they would never shop there again because of the hardship of camping out.

I doubt RIM's vendor was prepared for the onslaught, since, after all, there wasn't much interest in the Playbook prior to the sale...

Too bad you missed out on the HP Touchpad firesale fun... It went on for two months...
    -I dont work for RIM. It wasnt my decision to put the playbook on sale for 199. I purchased it, that is why I deserve it. What an idiotic question.

Too bad you missed out on the HP Touchpad firesale fun... It went on for two months
    -Well I didnt buy one, or attempt to. So what point are you trying to make?

And why do you keep mentioning the HP Touchpad in all of your pointless posts? No one cares about your hardships in acquiring an HP Touchpad during the fire sale. This is a BlackBerry forum if you didnt realize.
    Last edited by BBPB199; 12-08-11 at 10:35 PM.
    curvezzz, cogsinister and kps88 like this.
    12-08-11 10:29 PM
    -I dont work for RIM. It wasnt my decision to put the playbook on sale for 199. I purchased it, that is why I deserve it. What an idiotic question.

Too bad you missed out on the HP Touchpad firesale fun... It went on for two months
    -Well I didnt buy one, or attempt to. So what point are you trying to make?

And why do you keep mentioning the HP Touchpad in all of your pointless posts? No one cares about your hardships in acquiring an HP Touchpad during the fire sale. This is a BlackBerry forum if you didnt realize.
    I'm just trying to put things into perspective and the HP Touchpad firesale was the most analogous event of recent memory that invoked about the same level of anxiety, grief, outrage, etc.

C.K. Louis...

12-09-11 02:35 AM
    You should read the slickdeals.net threads when the HP Touchpad went on firesale. These companies took orders, cancelled en mass, then took new orders... HP Small Business, HP Home and Office, Amazon/OnSale, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, etc. This doesn't excuse RIM and their vendor, but illustrates that even reputable online retailers cannot deal with a sudden spike in orders.
    If these companies are not prepared for spikes in sales then they should not be in business. I worked in "brick and mortar" retail for 13 years in the competitive world of Home Furnishings, Electronics, Appliances which were subject to a few "spikes" in sales themselves (ie. boxing day, tent sales, clearance events) ... when an unbelievable deal comes along we prepared by putting more staff on our floors and in our warehouses to deal with the onslaught! RIM new they were going to do this weeks in advance, and their business partners would have known as well, so they should have been better prepared. We would know about our boxing day specials and door crashers a month in advance to prepare our warehouses for the extra stock and get it priced properly ... the advertising people had the flyer proofed and printed 3 months in advance ... and the buyers who put these deals together had them picked out 6 months in advance. Did we have items we sold out of? Of course. Did we have upset customers because of it? Yes. Did we have a lack of people to give them answers (whether they liked the answer or not) or to let them vent their frustrations? NO! Unfortunately RIM's business partners have not been as prepared ... but should have been.

I have done hundreds of online transactions over the years, and never have I had the level of excuses, misinformation, and frustrations that I have been subjected to with this paticular one.

Lots of unemployed people in US and Canada who would have jumped at the chance for a temp job at this time of year I would imagine!
    12-09-11 09:17 AM
    ... when an unbelievable deal comes along we prepared by putting more staff on our floors and in our warehouses to deal with the onslaught!
    Wait a second... you are comparing 2 VERY different things here... this is not on-the-floor retail we're talking here, we're talking about online sales. Retail spikes = what. a few hundreds customers? Tell me that NO ONE of those deal-hungry customers did not lose their patience on the floor wiaing for a rep to be available.

Now, look at online spikes, which equals to tens of thousands of orders coming in EVERY HOURS. RIM would have partnered with 20 online dealers, it wouldn't have made a difference!

I tried to get one online, it failed, I took my lazy *** to the nearest Staple store and bought the damn thing, no waiting, no hassle. Yes, it shwowed sold-out on their website, no it wasn't sold out in the actual store. Most of you are more frustrated by the fact you weren't able to get this deal than the shopping experience itself, then if you had gotten one, you would probably be bashing RIM about how bad the thing is already (sigh...).

When you want to take advantage of below-cost deals like this ONLINE, you have to be prepared to face LOTS of issues and frustration, this isn't just RIM, ANY business that will put a product with a high-demand on a below-cost sale will face the same issue, which was cbvinh point.

This company is a giant cluster****???? They should have prepared themselves???? Come on, they prepared themselves, what do you want to do, hier like 10,000 more reps and setup 10,000 phone circuit?!?! No business can be prepared to a 2000% order/call increase in a few days.

I had a very bad customer experience with Globalware, they could have done things differently, granted, but geez guys, sit down take a deep breath and think again.... It would turn out EXACTLY THE SAME WAY with Apple, Samsung, Asus, Toshiba and the list goes on and on...
    12-09-11 09:33 AM

I tried to get one online, it failed, I took my lazy *** to the nearest Staple store and bought the damn thing, no waiting, no hassle. Yes, it shwowed sold-out on their website, no it wasn't sold out in the actual store. Most of you are more frustrated by the fact you weren't able to get this deal than the shopping experience itself, then if you had gotten one, you would probably be bashing RIM about how bad the thing is already (sigh...).
    Trying to order online doesn't mean you are lazy. I tried to buy in store. I called all the stores surrounding my area, and no one had them in stock. So I started to drive around and check in person, just in case. Everywhere I went for days were out of stock. So my only alternative was to order online.
    I keep hearing people say in forums "why is everyone having trouble, I just went to the store to get one and they were in stock!" But that isn't the case for all of us.
    12-09-11 09:45 AM
    My order went perfect. I placed the order and waited for it to show up knowing they were busy I just waited patiently.
    12-09-11 09:56 AM
    shopblackberry and customer service should not be in the same sentence at all. These people suck arse. I went with them assuming that they were RIM, well they are not, I figured I'd get better service, well I have rcvd zero service from these SOBs. RIM really needs to evaluate this company as they are leaving the with even more bad publicity, let's not forget that word of mouth is still some of the best advertising there is.
    12-09-11 10:32 AM
    Just talked to UPS..they confirmed that the zipcode that my BB is going to is in Iowa...that wouldn't be a problem if I didn't live in NORTH CAROLINA!! What in the heck is going on?!
    I managed to get through to these SOB yesterday and from what I was told, all packages go through Des Moines, Iowa. 888-805-6789, I believe is the # I called. I gotta tell you, the dumb arse I spoke with there sounded like he'd just woken up or was stoned. These crackpots really suck.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 10:35 AM
    You are in the US so you will probably get it within 24 hours, us in Canada in the meantime will be lucky if we get our PB's before Christmas.
    Negative I ordered mine on the 28th and I have no idea where my PB or whether or not I will be getting one. I called yesterday and the the dumb arse I spoke with told me flat out that he could not help me since I was still within their time limit, so he would not even take my order # to give me a status. GlobalWare sucks.
    12-09-11 10:38 AM
    I'm just trying to put things into perspective and the HP Touchpad firesale was the most analogous event of recent memory that invoked about the same level of anxiety, grief, outrage, etc.

C.K. Louis...

Bringing up the HP Touchpad again? Let me put this in bold, maybe youll understand: NO. ONE. CARES.

This has nothing to do with the Touchpad or the events that followed the fire sale. This is not a fire sale. This was a discounted product that was bought directly from the manufacturer and is taking weeks to ship. Which is absolutely ridiculous.
    12-09-11 10:50 AM
    Bringing up the HP Touchpad again? Let me put this in bold, maybe youll understand: NO. ONE. CARES.

This has nothing to do with the Touchpad or the events that followed the fire sale. This is not a fire sale. This was a discounted product that was bought directly from the manufacturer and is taking weeks to ship. Which is absolutely ridiculous.
    As I said, the events are analogous and the lesson is that people who want one will eventually get one at the sale price or better. There are plenty of cheap Touchpads on eBay and Craig's List now. The same will happen to the Playbook. And since RIM will still be developing the next generation, there will be a better Playbook if you don't get one now. If this were the last Playbook, then you can bet they'll be even cheaper soon.

This wasn't the first sale on the Playbook. The people who missed out on the $200 off/gift card of only two months ago are now having a chance at $300 off. A very limited number of those people got $470 off a 64 GB Playbook from Best Buy USA.

Gist of it: No need to stress out. Other people have been through this before (even very recently) and know that there's no need.

As to whether this is a firesale...

Fire sale | Define Fire sale at Dictionary.com

"a sale, as of assets, at reduced prices, in order to raise money quickly."

Fire sale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices, typically when the seller faces bankruptcy or other impending distress. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. A fire sale may or may not be a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory."

I would say "other impending distress", like being shut out of the tablet market completely.
    12-09-11 01:03 PM
    As I said, the events are analogous and the lesson is that people who want one will eventually get one at the sale price or better. There are plenty of cheap Touchpads on eBay and Craig's List now. The same will happen to the Playbook. And since RIM will still be developing the next generation, there will be a better Playbook if you don't get one now. If this were the last Playbook, then you can bet they'll be even cheaper soon.

This wasn't the first sale on the Playbook. The people who missed out on the $200 off/gift card of only two months ago are now having a chance at $300 off. A very limited number of those people got $470 off a 64 GB Playbook from Best Buy USA.

Gist of it: No need to stress out. Other people have been through this before (even very recently) and know that there's no need.

As to whether this is a firesale...

Fire sale | Define Fire sale at Dictionary.com

"a sale, as of assets, at reduced prices, in order to raise money quickly."

Fire sale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A fire sale is the sale of goods at extremely discounted prices, typically when the seller faces bankruptcy or other impending distress. The term originated in reference to the sale of goods at a heavy discount due to fire damage. A fire sale may or may not be a closeout, the final sale of goods to zero inventory."

I would say "other impending distress", like being shut out of the tablet market completely.
    LOL you just cited from wikipedia. Your credibility is at best, NONE
    12-09-11 01:47 PM
    I just got a random email from support.

Hello.

Your order was shipped on December 1st. Please let us know if it has not arrived yet or if there are any issues.

Best Regards,

I mailed them back with the words "Its not arrived"
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-09-11 01:49 PM
    I just got a random email from support.

Hello.

Your order was shipped on December 1st. Please let us know if it has not arrived yet or if there are any issues.

Best Regards,

I mailed them back with the words "Its not arrived"
    Maybe you'll get it today or tomorrow? Typical ground shipping time is 5-7 days + 1-2 days for customs (if it shipped from the U.S. to Canada in your case).
    12-09-11 02:16 PM
    Maybe you'll get it today or tomorrow? Typical ground shipping time is 5-7 days + 1-2 days for customs (if it shipped from the U.S. to Canada in your case).
    Well its not arrived today, and Canada post don't deliver on saturdays.

And i don't see why there should be any hold up at customs if Globalware has sorted out the clearances ect.

Looking more closely at the email, it is a reply to one i sent 8 days ago !!!!
    12-09-11 02:20 PM
    "Shipped" showing on website, confirmed by Maribel, though she could not give me tracking information... "Thought" it was FedEx...
    Interesting way to do business, this, but scratching your head that much is likely not healthy. Neither are the mighty oaths, no doubt. The cat really hates that part.
    Now it's time to play "Guess what day it will come, and then see if someone can be coerced to be around ALL DAY to take delivery"...IF it shipped, that is.
    Oh what fun it is to...#%@&*&%#@!!!
    "Black Friday" has gone on WAY too long...
    12-09-11 02:53 PM
460 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD