That's a little myopic for a few reasons. I get your concern, but let's look at the big picture:

- Global runs distribution for several large companies.
    - The Playbook is but one among probably tens of thousands of products they handle and ship every business day.
    - It's the holiday season when shipping volumes are highest
    - They may or may not have received an advance heads up on the PB price drop. Beyond that it's anyone's guess to predicting what customer response would be.
    - The product is clearly being sold at a loss at these price points. How much should the mfr and shipping vendor step up and pump into added man hours($$) to get that product out in 24 hrs?

Those are but a few and I'm not picking on you specifically, but hopefully folks could get a little better big picture look on this. In the end, is there a single example posted anywhere that you know of where someone waited beyond the stated 7 business days for a shipment? I can't recall one, though there certainly could be.

But on the flipside, how many posts of orders placed immediately before or on the long Thanksgiving weekend have you read and people were pissed they didn't have full accounting by first thing Monday morning?
    The thing that has made me irate is that when I ordered my playbook, the site said that my order would ship within 1-2 days. About 2 days after my purchase, then it said that they would ship within 5-7 days. If I had seen the 5-7 days instead of 1-2 then I probably would have just bought it at a local store on black friday.

And it wouldnt be as annoying if i could actually speak to a customer service rep that wasnt giving me major attitude on the phone.
    12-04-11 09:59 PM
    They cancelled my order and I called them and said someone will contact me within 24 hours. Now in my 6th day and nobody have contacted me. Their phone wont accept calls and said email them which I did and no response yet. I can't imagine that big of backlog if they said they hired more staff.
    12-05-11 10:54 AM
    They cancelled my order and I called them and said someone will contact me within 24 hours. Now in my 6th day and nobody have contacted me. Their phone wont accept calls and said email them which I did and no response yet. I can't imagine that big of backlog if they said they hired more staff.
    I am about to hit the phoneline now on 1-888-805-6789, to see if they can shed any light on my order.

In limbo for days and days while others have been delivered.

No replies to emails nothing, its shameful.
    12-05-11 11:08 AM
    ^ Please report back. I'm in the same place as you are. Ordered on the 25th and I've received nothing but the original confirmation email. Called on Friday and they claimed it had "shipped", but there was no tracking info and so far, nothing has shown up. Worse online shopping experience I've ever had, and I've been doing this for years...
    12-05-11 11:26 AM
    Just got off the phone "Order complete and in the shipping department" it was the same Thursday last week....

And i paid 50 bucks extra to get it shipped to Canada faster and it languishes in "shipping"

Oh and they are claiming all the "Fraudulent " sales ( that came from Canada the rep on the phone said ) have slowed down deliveries to everyone else.
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-05-11 at 11:44 AM.
    12-05-11 11:39 AM
    ^ I'll believe it when I see it. RIM's got bad enough PR these days - phones that brick. service outages, huge PB writeoffs, drunk execs on planes - without having to deal with this. It's definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.
    12-05-11 11:52 AM
    Just finished talking to the support guy. he basically said not our problem and go contact your bank and get authorization and call us back to resubmit the order. I said why can't you just use another credit card. he said then you wont get the $199 discount. So i called my bank and they said we do not give out authorization code. I gave my bank globalware as the merchant and will now have to call rim them back and will onhold for another hour. what waste of my time.
    12-05-11 12:31 PM
    I am in an email merry-go-round as we speak with support.

They say its " shipped " i said send me a confirmation email with a tracking number, then i MIGHT believe it !
    12-05-11 12:43 PM
    Do not call 1-866-957-0761 if you want to inquire about your order.
    I called them 5 times to ask about my order and they hung up on me every single time.

This experience is getting worse everyday.

I wish I could just cancel my order but at this point that seems like an impossible task.
    12-05-11 02:54 PM
    For the record: I ordered mine at 2:30pm EST on the 25th. Received no emails from them other than the original order confirmation. My Playbook arrived today via USPS. I didn't get any shipping confirmation or tracking info from RIM/GlobalWare, either. I assume others will receive theirs early this week. Best of luck everyone. Now it's time to play...er, work.

By the way, I'm US-based. Maryland, to be exact.
    12-05-11 03:10 PM
    Do not call 1-866-957-0761 if you want to inquire about your order.
    I called them 5 times to ask about my order and they hung up on me every single time.

This experience is getting worse everyday.

I wish I could just cancel my order but at this point that seems like an impossible task.
    That is real odd, i called that number this afternoon, was answered in 2 mins and i was on for over 40 mins talking to a rep, it's the only number that seems to work for me.
    12-05-11 03:15 PM
    For the record: I ordered mine at 2:30pm EST on the 25th. Received no emails from them other than the original order confirmation. My Playbook arrived today via USPS. I didn't get any shipping confirmation or tracking info from RIM/GlobalWare, either. I assume others will receive theirs early this week. Best of luck everyone. Now it's time to play...er, work.

By the way, I'm US-based. Maryland, to be exact.

Consider yourself lucky! I ordered mine the same day, and I just called shopblackberry and they said it still hasnt been shipped yet. So there is no way your situation could happen to me...
    12-05-11 03:33 PM
    Consider yourself lucky! I ordered mine the same day, and I just called shopblackberry and they said it still hasnt been shipped yet. So there is no way your situation could happen to me...
    Are you US or Canada ?

I wonder if any Canadian based customers have received there PB's yet ?
    12-05-11 03:44 PM
    I ordered my playbook on black friday and my order got cancelled, at first they charged me but now the order appears as "being processed" in my bank account, I checked the shop blackberry site and looked at my order and it says cancelled, I don't get it, I need customer support numbers, preferable spanish customer support numbers :/
    12-05-11 04:08 PM
    after my 5th call to support the guy said the manger is going to call me at end of the day. Probably wont happen.

I then check my order online and it is completely deleted. no trace of the order.

My friend ordered his on the 24th and he hasn't received his yet. We both in Canada.
    12-05-11 04:14 PM
    after my 5th call to support the guy said the manger is going to call me at end of the day. Probably wont happen.

I then check my order online and it is completely deleted. no trace of the order.

My friend ordered his on the 24th and he hasn't received his yet. We both in Canada.
    LOL 5 calls and your OUT !

Whatever next ?
    12-05-11 04:18 PM
    Are you US or Canada ?

I wonder if any Canadian based customers have received there PB's yet ?
    I live in California. Are the Playbooks shipped from East Coast/ Canada?
    Last edited by BBPB199; 12-05-11 at 04:25 PM.
    12-05-11 04:20 PM
    I live in California. So I will probably be the last person to ever receive their playbook haha
    As a Canadian customer ( but English not Canadian ) i was silly enough to think i was ordering from the webshop of a Canadian company and that the goods were going to be sent from Canada, how wrong could i be eh ?

Not only are the goods being sent from the USA, but the company seems unable to organize a ****-up in a brewery ( as we Brits say )
    12-05-11 04:27 PM
    I sent a email...

Hello,

To who this may concern: I ordered a Blackberry Playbook on Dec. 25 and still haven't received it.... As a frequent Blackberry buyer, and supporter I would like to say that your Internet ordering system is horrible, and your customer service is even worse. A good rule of business is that if you take care of your customers they'll take care of you... From what I have experienced in this order, I will never order another Blackberry for as long as I live... I expect to get another cookie cutter response that says my order is still in process... But here's my order number : SBB9xxxxxxxxxx

If their is a person actually reading my email please let me know what is going on. I'm very sorry that you have to deal with this, but blackberry should have handled this situation better. If its an automated computer system, well screw it.... I'm waiting on my cookie cutter response.

Best regards,

Someone still hasn't responded but I call 1 of the 4 numbers listed on this thread and 2 I got hungup on 2 minutes into each call, but the 3rd number I got through and the guy said its been shipped and should be their in a few days.... When I get the package I'm gonna get the tracking number, and see how long it was in shipping... So happy I upgraded to the 2 day shipping... Not that it helped...
    12-05-11 04:30 PM
    When I get the package I'm gonna get the tracking number, and see how long it was in shipping... So happy I upgraded to the 2 day shipping... Not that it helped...
    I would like to get the tracking number BEFORE i get the package, so i could actually track the delivery ( so i could be in )
    12-05-11 04:34 PM
    Yeah no kidding ...the guy said that their system is being upgraded so that they can link with Fed-Ex. Really everyone else has it... Why dosen't BB.
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-05-11 04:37 PM

Out of curiousity, are you sure you were on the Canadian site? I remember checking before and thinking the same thing, then I realized it was defaulted back to the US Site.

Hopefully this is the case...
    12-05-11 04:43 PM
    Yeah no kidding ...the guy said that their system is being upgraded so that they can link with Fed-Ex. Really everyone else has it... Why dosen't BB.
    The more i read this the more it becomes one of the most interesting bits of information to leak out of Globalware.

The CSR's have no idea of what has shipped and no way of getting a tracking number because they don't even have the software tools on there system, 1000's of pieces of merchandise are being shipped and they have no idea where anything is, is it in the wherehouse, or in the shipping dept ?

They have no idea at all, i think this is the crux of the problems we are all having.
    12-05-11 04:59 PM
    Seems pretty simple to me, Cell Phone Accessories - DayDeal.com
    12-05-11 05:08 PM
    I hope thier credit card system sucks just as much as their shipping system... Maybe my account won't get charged... (Doubt it)
    cogsinister likes this.
    12-05-11 05:36 PM
460 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD