Yeah i love my new PB, but i won't be ordering anything from any site run by Globalware ever again after the horrid experience of getting it.

Mine by the way is perfect, no dust under the screen, no Dead/Stuck pixels, just perfection.
    Did it come with the universal charger with the orange end or the smaller Premium charger? My two Playbooks look like they were originally intended for the Latin America market and came with the universal charger with the US 110v e-Plug and what looks like the 220v plug they use in France and I suppose Latin America.
    12-19-11 02:42 PM
    Did it come with the universal charger with the orange end or the smaller Premium charger? My two Playbooks look like they were originally intended for the Latin America market and came with the universal charger with the US 110v e-Plug and what looks like the 220v plug they use in France and I suppose Latin America.
    No orange end on my charger it is the standard US folding blade charger, my box came with the seals intact as well, it looks like i got a new sealed US/Canadian market PB.
    12-19-11 02:47 PM
    I ordered my Playbook on November 24th and I still haven't received mine. It was "Out for Delivery" today but the mailman had no packages for me. This is pretty unreal.

Date Ordered: 11/24
    Shipping Method: Free
    Confirmation: Immediate
    Delay Emails: Yes
    Cancellation: No
    Received Status on Shopblackberry.com: 11/24-12/5
    Shipped Status on ShopBlackberry.com: 12/5
    Shipping Tracking # Email: 12/8
    Arrived in my city: 12/10
    Expected Delivery Date according to USPS/UPS: 12/12
    New Expected Delivery Date according to USPS: 12/19
    Out for Delivery according to USPS: 12/19
    12-19-11 03:33 PM
    Product Type: Expedited Parcels
    Expected Delivery : 2011/12/14
    Updated Delivery : 2011/12/19
    Delivery date changed : Item was received by Canada Post after cut-off time.
    Reference Number 1: xxxxxxxxxx

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2011/12/19 15:48 NB Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.

Well it will be waiting for me at the post office in the morning since they don't deliver non signature packages to the door in town.
    12-19-11 07:21 PM
    just received mine today. 2 days before expected delivery. it has 1 dead pixel, whatever i dont want to deal with those globware idiots anymore
    12-19-11 11:52 PM
    I ordered my Playbook on November 24th and I still haven't received mine. It was "Out for Delivery" today but the mailman had no packages for me. This is pretty unreal.

Date Ordered: 11/24
    Shipping Method: Free
    Confirmation: Immediate
    Delay Emails: Yes
    Cancellation: No
    Received Status on Shopblackberry.com: 11/24-12/5
    Shipped Status on ShopBlackberry.com: 12/5
    Shipping Tracking # Email: 12/8
    Arrived in my city: 12/10
    Expected Delivery Date according to USPS/UPS: 12/12
    New Expected Delivery Date according to USPS: 12/19
    Out for Delivery according to USPS: 12/19
    Sweet. Looks like my package could actually be officially lost now...

Delivery status not updated as of December 19, 2011, 10:50 pm
    Out for Delivery, December 19, 2011, 8:50 am, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46240
    12-20-11 08:13 AM
    is there anyone out there that received their playbook and not been charged? and if so where abouts are you? im in ontario canada.

i ordered thurs nov 24. status on shopblackberry received.
    cc was pending authorization. Nov 30, people were getting cancelled emails. I never did. my friend did. my cc was still pending. 2 days later,...pending transactions were removed. still no cancel email, status received. called my cc and they said pending transactions were removed because the order did not go through. i emailed shopblackberry several times. finally called on a saturday Dec 3 (wasn't on hold long and call lasted 10 minutes). Rep re-ordered and said it would ship on monday and cc will show up charged. monday came....no shipping confirmation and nothing charged. i emailed again to confirm. no reply. Couldn't get through by phone. thurs dec 8. status shipped. cc still not charged. monday 12th....received Playbook!!! still no charge!! i'm not complaning...but just wanted to know if anyone else out there was not charged either!

my friend called today and told me he received his Playbook after his was "cancelled" nov 30 and reinstated only a few days ago. he was not charged!
    12-20-11 12:44 PM
    is there anyone out there that received their playbook and not been charged? and if so where abouts are you? im in ontario canada.

i ordered thurs nov 24. status on shopblackberry received.
    cc was pending authorization. Nov 30, people were getting cancelled emails. I never did. my friend did. my cc was still pending. 2 days later,...pending transactions were removed. still no cancel email, status received. called my cc and they said pending transactions were removed because the order did not go through. i emailed shopblackberry several times. finally called on a saturday Dec 3 (wasn't on hold long and call lasted 10 minutes). Rep re-ordered and said it would ship on monday and cc will show up charged. monday came....no shipping confirmation and nothing charged. i emailed again to confirm. no reply. Couldn't get through by phone. thurs dec 8. status shipped. cc still not charged. monday 12th....received Playbook!!! still no charge!! i'm not complaning...but just wanted to know if anyone else out there was not charged either!

my friend called today and told me he received his Playbook after his was "cancelled" nov 30 and reinstated only a few days ago. he was not charged!

I would just let it ride, i bet there is a cut off date after which they can no longer charge you.
    12-20-11 12:46 PM
    oh of course i'm gonna let it ride. i'm not complaining. but should they really be shipping stuff out without payment? what kind of company does that?! I mean....what if i decide to cancel my card today. are they gonna come after me!? it's their fault.

just wanted to know if anyone else is in the same boat?
    12-20-11 01:00 PM
    oh of course i'm gonna let it ride. i'm not complaining. but should they really be shipping stuff out without payment? what kind of company does that?! I mean....what if i decide to cancel my card today. are they gonna come after me!? it's their fault.

According to Mark the CIO of Globalware, they were not able to ship out without charging your card, so maybe there system thinks it was never even sent.

Good luck and a merry Christmas
    12-20-11 01:04 PM

I think Mark Chequer said the cards wouldn't be charged until the Playbooks shipped. He may have meant when the freight consolidator had shipped it to us. It may just be taking a few days for the paperwork from Frontier Distributing to get back to Globalware and then processed.

Don't worry about them not getting back to you. They can probably block the PINs or serial numbers of any PlayBooks they go missing or they haven't been paid for. When this happens, the update servers give you an error code. I can't remember the code, something like 2012 or 1012.
    12-20-11 02:16 PM
    i still think that it's pretty stupid of them to ship before payment is confirmed. what about all those people that have been charged and still not received their playbook?!

is there anyone else out there besides my friend and i that this has happened to? i'm just curious.
    12-20-11 02:44 PM
    Sweet. Looks like my package could actually be officially lost now...

Delivery status not updated as of December 19, 2011, 10:50 pm
    Out for Delivery, December 19, 2011, 8:50 am, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46240
    Um well, my package was at the door this morning. Not sure what happened because the mail hasn't come yet.

Tempted to send it back for a refund because, out of principle, I do not want the ShopBlackberry.com company to make any money off of my transaction.
    12-20-11 02:53 PM
    I hope Mark Chequer is still monitoring this thread.

I was delighted to see the sale of BB Playbooks in November. I ordered a 32mb on November 25th and received an immediate confirmation of my order.

Since so many retailers were out of stock I called shopblackberry and the customer service rep I spoke with confirmed that the item was in stock, would be shipped from a Canadian location within 1 - 2 days and would be shipped via FedEx.

November 29th. I received an email notifying me that due to high demand it 'may' take several days to ship my order and requesting that I allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery.

November 30. I emailed shopblackberry in response to above email asking when they expected to ship the order and an estimate of in transit time.

December 3rd. I received a response to my email updating me regarding my order - except that there was no update, just notification that they had been shipping thousands of orders each day, and were working to catch up with backlog. This was clearly a mass mailout email - not actually a response to me.

December 7th. An email informing me that my order was currently being processed which could take up to 7 business days! Shipping would be an additional 5 - 7 days.

December 10th. My credit card was charged - which gave me hope that the order was shipping.

December 16th. An email informing me that my order was on its way, but no tracking number could be provided.

December 19th. An email providing a tracking number. This email stated that the order was received on November 30th and was shipped on December 8th.

Using the tracking number provided I found that the order had actually been shipped on Dec 19th with expected delivery on December 23rd. (in time for Christmas!!!!)

Today the tracking number has been updated with expected deliver of Dec 28th - the reason for the delay was 'Item was received by Canada Post at a different location than expected.'

So this will now arrive after Christmas.

I ordered this item as a special Chrismas gift for my daughter. My husband died recently. Although obviously nothing can replace her father I had hoped that this playbook might provide a bit of distraction on what is obviously going to be a very difficult Christmas Day in our home. It pushed the budget so I cannot buy an alternate gift. I am just so distraught at the thought of giving her an IOU.

Just needed to get that off my chest - not expecting any response from shopblackberry.
    Last edited by twe; 12-20-11 at 03:33 PM.
    JK-PhD and cogsinister like this.
    12-20-11 03:31 PM
    Shop Blackberry - An Exercise in patience

- I ordered 2 16g PlayBooks on November 28.
    - Shortly after I received an email stating that the order had been filled.
    - Upon checking my account details I was able to confirm there was an order number for the purchase and tracking.
    - Account details show order as shipped. Expect 5-7 days for ground shipping.
    - 12 days later getting nervous I tried calling to see where the package was in the supply chain. The 866 number provided kept shutting off after 30 seconds on hold. Now I'm really nervous.
    - I emailed the suggested customer support email address on the 866 outgoing message to inquire. No response until yesterday (and two follow up emails).
    - Received confirmation that the order was confirmed shipped yesterday December 14 and should be here in 5-7 days.

Whew..

Update:

Dec 19 - Packages arrive by Canada Post.
    12-20-11 03:43 PM
    any stuck pixels?
    Nope, mine is perfect eventhough it came with no seal at all.

Now i wonder when exactly they are going to charge my CC...
    12-20-11 04:11 PM
    u werent charged either? interesting. no need to be sad about it. its their fault.
    12-20-11 07:26 PM
    2 x playbooks delivered.

found out why it took so long : they used UPS MAIL INNOVATION. Last time i got that service it took almost a month to see the package.
    12-21-11 03:15 AM
    Um well, my package was at the door this morning. Not sure what happened because the mail hasn't come yet.
    Often packages are delivered by someone other then your regular mail carrier so that could be the reason. Up here in Canada they contracted out some of their package deliveries for christmas. Some packages are even being delivered on sat's and sun's through the holidays to clear the holiday backlog.
    Last edited by Cabmonk; 12-21-11 at 08:12 AM.
    12-21-11 08:10 AM
    Often packages are delivered by someone other then your regular mail carrier so that could be the reason. Up here in Canada they contracted out some of their package deliveries for christmas. Some packages are even being delivered on sat's and sun's through the holidays to clear the holiday backlog.
    Truck full of 5,200 PlayBooks stolen
    Truck full of 5,200 PlayBooks stolen - Business - CBC News
    12-21-11 08:53 AM
    just received mine today. 2 days before expected delivery. it has 1 dead pixel, whatever i dont want to deal with those globware idiots anymore
    Could you please explain how to test for the pixels on the playbook?
    Thx
    12-21-11 09:07 AM
    is anybody here who hasnt received their playbook yet. I am B.C, Canada, and the only thing I recieved is a non working tracking no. and a confirmation that it was shipped on Dec 2nd. I have contacted them through phone and email and this is the reply I got from them:

I am going to escalade this for you. Please allow a couple of days for us to get back in touch with you.

Thank You

Lauren S.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com

What should I do guys?? Please tell me...
    12-22-11 11:33 AM
    I hope Mark Chequer is still monitoring this thread.

I was delighted to see the sale of BB Playbooks in November. I ordered a 32mb on November 25th and received an immediate confirmation of my order.

Since so many retailers were out of stock I called shopblackberry and the customer service rep I spoke with confirmed that the item was in stock, would be shipped from a Canadian location within 1 - 2 days and would be shipped via FedEx.

November 29th. I received an email notifying me that due to high demand it 'may' take several days to ship my order and requesting that I allow an additional 5 to 6 days for delivery.

November 30. I emailed shopblackberry in response to above email asking when they expected to ship the order and an estimate of in transit time.

December 3rd. I received a response to my email updating me regarding my order - except that there was no update, just notification that they had been shipping thousands of orders each day, and were working to catch up with backlog. This was clearly a mass mailout email - not actually a response to me.

December 7th. An email informing me that my order was currently being processed which could take up to 7 business days! Shipping would be an additional 5 - 7 days.

December 10th. My credit card was charged - which gave me hope that the order was shipping.

December 16th. An email informing me that my order was on its way, but no tracking number could be provided.

December 19th. An email providing a tracking number. This email stated that the order was received on November 30th and was shipped on December 8th.

Using the tracking number provided I found that the order had actually been shipped on Dec 19th with expected delivery on December 23rd. (in time for Christmas!!!!)

Today the tracking number has been updated with expected deliver of Dec 28th - the reason for the delay was 'Item was received by Canada Post at a different location than expected.'

So this will now arrive after Christmas.

I ordered this item as a special Chrismas gift for my daughter. My husband died recently. Although obviously nothing can replace her father I had hoped that this playbook might provide a bit of distraction on what is obviously going to be a very difficult Christmas Day in our home. It pushed the budget so I cannot buy an alternate gift. I am just so distraught at the thought of giving her an IOU.

Just needed to get that off my chest - not expecting any response from shopblackberry.
    So sorry to hear about that. Absolutely ridiculous. Email Mark Chequer directly at [email protected] Hopefully you will receive a steep discount or something!
    ekjotbrar likes this.
    12-22-11 12:24 PM
    is anybody here who hasnt received their playbook yet. I am B.C, Canada, and the only thing I recieved is a non working tracking no. and a confirmation that it was shipped on Dec 2nd. I have contacted them through phone and email and this is the reply I got from them:

I am going to escalade this for you. Please allow a couple of days for us to get back in touch with you.

Thank You

Lauren S.

Order Support

ShopBlackberry.com

What should I do guys?? Please tell me...
    I am also in BC and have tracked my package - apparently it will be delivered on December 28th. I did call Canada Post and was told that the package was delayed because it was taken to the wrong postal location at the shipping end. Had shopblackberry listed the correct location (or taken the package to the location they listed) the package was guaranteed to arrive on the 23rd.

How could shopblackberry make such silly errors?????
    12-22-11 03:15 PM
    I saw this already, big haul someone stole there. However what does this have to do with someone getting their package delivered by someone other then their reg mail carrier. Are you saying someone is stealing them and delivering them to people,lol.
    12-22-11 03:28 PM
460 ... 16171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD