I was able to get it for 189$+tax and I am from Montreal. But like I said in my previous post, I will send it back for refund because I was able to get it in store the day after I ordered online for 199$ at Staples. But they send me 2 boxes by mistake and only charged me for 1!!
    Well if you are returning one of them you have to pay for the shipping charges. That's what it says on the packing slip. When you open/use it then they can charge for ( if they know that they send you an extra one ) it even though you didn't order it. If you want to return it then I would call them and ask them to send you prepaid postage. By law I think they have 30 day to respond and to arrange the shipping back to them and after that you can keep the playbook without any charges by law.
    12-15-11 08:42 PM
    Wait... from the other thread, a few of us pointed out that the flashing red lines on the top left of the screen was the Playbook's notification system, not a dead pixel as you thought. Please don't suggest that a dead Playbook was sent to you when one wasn't. Globalware has already created a lot of mistrust and should only be called out for legitimate reasons. No need to fuel the flames.
    I do not recall saying it was dead. I did say that when the line appeared the back button did not work. I had not downloaded ANYTHING onto the pb, and it seemed as if the back arrow was inoperable. Nevermind the fact that I sent several emails asking to cancel the order days before it was shipped. I was not fueling any flames. I have not read every post on here to know if it was an issue or not. Either way I requested a cancellation before it was shipped. I was merely sharing my experience with sending it back, since the question was brought up.
    12-15-11 08:45 PM
    I do not recall saying it was dead. I did say that when the line appeared the back button did not work. I had not downloaded ANYTHING onto the pb, and it seemed as if the back arrow was inoperable. Nevermind the fact that I sent several emails asking to cancel the order days before it was shipped. I was not fueling any flames. I have not read every post on here to know if it was an issue or not. Either way I requested a cancellation before it was shipped. I was merely sharing my experience with sending it back, since the question was brought up.
    You're right. You didn't say it was dead, just not functioning properly with the "back button". In your other post in another thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oblems-677855/

You said the button did eventually work after the red lines stopped blinking.

Your reason for returning the Playbook to SBB is because you were able to get another one at Walmart, not because the Playbook you were sent wasn't working properly.

(Unlike a lot of people here, you got one delivered, had a chance to play with it, and will be returning a functional, now open box, Playbook to SBB.)
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-16-11 02:55 AM
    The red light as I said would come and go. When it was there the back arrow would not work. To say "it was functional" is simply your opinion.
    12-16-11 06:16 AM
    Well if you are returning one of them you have to pay for the shipping charges. That's what it says on the packing slip. When you open/use it then they can charge for ( if they know that they send you an extra one ) it even though you didn't order it. If you want to return it then I would call them and ask them to send you prepaid postage. By law I think they have 30 day to respond and to arrange the shipping back to them and after that you can keep the playbook without any charges by law.
    The thing is that I did not open the boxes. To be honest, I called them yesterday and told them that I received 2 boxes. The 2nd tracking number of the 2nd box I received did not match any of their orders ; the 1st tracking number was matching my order. So I am puzzled about the situation. I don't think that they will charge me shipping because I have the confirmation by e-mail that my order was cancelled. For some reason, it was processed/charged and shipped. I will ship back the 1st box, wait to get the refund and see what I will do about the 2nd one. I don't have a better plan than that!
    12-16-11 07:50 AM
    The thing is that I did not open the boxes. To be honest, I called them yesterday and told them that I received 2 boxes. The 2nd tracking number of the 2nd box I received did not match any of their orders ; the 1st tracking number was matching my order. So I am puzzled about the situation. I don't think that they will charge me shipping because I have the confirmation by e-mail that my order was cancelled. For some reason, it was processed/charged and shipped. I will ship back the 1st box, wait to get the refund and see what I will do about the 2nd one. I don't have a better plan than that!
    Probably you received my PB

Mine has disappeared from the post office...no clue where it is.
    12-16-11 08:34 AM
    ordered two, two seperate order/ card and shipment received one tracking number, checked order status, both shipped so i assumed either something is wrong or they merged the order. since when is standard overnight shipping = usps? they shipped on 12/5 and estimated delivery is 14th and it is now the 16th. did they rip off on shipping? shipping is around 30 per order and it takes this long? it is safe to assume this is not overnight shipping.
    12-16-11 12:19 PM
    ordered two, two seperate order/ card and shipment received one tracking number, checked order status, both shipped so i assumed either something is wrong or they merged the order. since when is standard overnight shipping = usps? they shipped on 12/5 and estimated delivery is 14th and it is now the 16th. did they rip off on shipping? shipping is around 30 per order and it takes this long? it is safe to assume this is not overnight shipping.
    SBB refunded my $50 for Canadian 2 day shipping after it took 14 real life days to arrive.

The money has yet to actually show up on the credit card tho...
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-16-11 12:38 PM
    Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I received an email that my PB was in Vancouver for delivery. Checked the Canada Post website - it said heading to Delta (grin)
    I looked out the window and the Canada Post truck was pulling up.
    Got it !
    12-16-11 01:12 PM
    That's great. Drop us a line when you finally receive it
    Successfully delivered.

Ordered on the 25th.
    Sent on the 6th.
    Received on the 16th in Toronto.

smith543 likes this.
    12-16-11 02:54 PM
    How many canadian who got their PB ? i mean go it right now?
    Placed my order on November 25.
    Apparently shipped out on December 1.
    Credit card charge cleared bank on December 2.
    Nothing for several days. Numerous phone calls and emails to SBB. No help at all.
    Canada Post tracking number received on December 12. Claims December 13 delivery.
    No delivery on December 13.
    Checked tracking number today December 16 and it is now in my city (Calgary).
    Expected delivery now updated to December 20.
    A full 13 business days or 2.5 weeks from shipping date.
    We'll see if it arrives on time and from the sounds of it, it will just be dropped off at my door since it was sent via expedited parcel.

This has been the worst experience I've ever had with an online order. I have received items from overseas (ie. UK) in a shorter amount of time.

Eric

Update: Looks like Canada Post is making deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays over the holiday season and my PlayBook arrived this morning (Dec 17). Still gotta open up the box to check if all is okay but it is nice to finally have it here and not floating around somewhere. Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting.

Also, if you are still waiting, call Frontier Distributing and talk to the warehouse manager. Frontier will be able to initiate a trace of your package since they are the ones that submitted the electronic information to Canada Post. ShopBlackBerry can't initiate the trace even though they are the original shipper...that's because they are not the ones that submitted the tracking info in the first place (Frontier is the brokerage). Hope this helps peeps out there.
    Last edited by chillspace; 12-17-11 at 03:17 PM.
    Willard814 and cogsinister like this.
    12-17-11 04:26 AM
    Placed my order on November 25.
    Apparently shipped out on December 1.
    Credit card charge cleared bank on December 2.
    Nothing for several days. Numerous phone calls and emails to SBB. No help at all.
    Canada Post tracking number received on December 12. Claims December 13 delivery.
    No delivery on December 13.
    Checked tracking number today December 16 and it is now in my city (Calgary).
    Expected delivery now updated to December 20.
    A full 13 business days or 2.5 weeks from shipping date.
    We'll see if it arrives on time and from the sounds of it, it will just be dropped off at my door since it was sent via expedited parcel.

This has been the worst experience I've ever had with an online order. I have received items from overseas (ie. UK) in a shorter amount of time.

Eric

Update: Looks like Canada Post is making deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays over the holiday season and my PlayBook arrived this morning (Dec 17). Still gotta open up the box to check if all is okay but it is nice to finally have it here and not floating around somewhere. Good luck to the rest of you that are still waiting.

Also, if you are still waiting, call Frontier Distributing and talk to the warehouse manager. Frontier will be able to initiate a trace of your package since they are the ones that submitted the electronic information to Canada Post. ShopBlackBerry can't initiate the trace even though they are the original shipper...that's because they are not the ones that submitted the tracking info in the first place (Frontier is the brokerage). Hope this helps peeps out there.
    Hi Eric,
    Thanks for your update.
    I am also from Calgary. Ordered on-line Nov 27. Replies and tracking time lines are similar.
    Some people in Toronto received earlier although ordering later. I guess the shipping waited until enough quantity per region then shipped out.
    I am still waiting for mine to be delivered.

Jimmy
    12-17-11 06:19 PM
    Still not delivered to me. Ordered 24th and after many promises not kept it still is nowhere to be seen. Good to see rims stock and profits match their service.

Hi Eric,
    Thanks for your update.
    I am also from Calgary. Ordered on-line Nov 27. Replies and tracking time lines are similar.
    Some people in Toronto received earlier although ordering later. I guess the shipping waited until enough quantity per region then shipped out.
    I am still waiting for mine to be delivered.

Jimmy
    12-17-11 08:17 PM
    For Canadians, it'll more than likely come in the mailbox, I didn't get home delivery
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-17-11 08:54 PM
    For Canadians, it'll more than likely come in the mailbox, I didn't get home delivery
    I did, but then again we dont have a mailbox as such just a small one for letters ect.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-17-11 09:12 PM
    Still not delivered to me. Ordered 24th and after many promises not kept it still is nowhere to be seen. Good to see rims stock and profits match their service.
    This has nothing to do with RIM. ShopBlackBerry is simply an authorized dealer of BlackBerry products and Global Solutions is the e-commerce provider to SBB. We just need to find a better authorized dealer and RIM proper has to find a more reliable dealer directly link to from their website. Though, I do have to agree that the mishandling of customer service issues on the part of SBB doesn't reflect positively on BlackBerry products.

As for us Canadians having differing shipment times. I found out that orders destined for Canadian locations go through a brokerage in Fort Erie, ON called Frontier Distributing. They are the ones that electronically submit all of the expedited parcel shipments to Canada Post are for all intents and purposes responsible for shipments reaching their final destination. Because of their location, it isn't surprising that eastern Canada has been receiving their orders quicker than those of us towards the west coast.
    12-17-11 10:30 PM
    This has nothing to do with RIM. ShopBlackBerry is simply an authorized dealer of BlackBerry products and Global Solutions is the e-commerce provider to SBB. We just need to find a better authorized dealer and RIM proper has to find a more reliable dealer directly link to from their website. Though, I do have to agree that the mishandling of customer service issues on the part of SBB doesn't reflect positively on BlackBerry products.

As for us Canadians having differing shipment times. I found out that orders destined for Canadian locations go through a brokerage in Fort Erie, ON called Frontier Distributing. They are the ones that electronically submit all of the expedited parcel shipments to Canada Post are for all intents and purposes responsible for shipments reaching their final destination. Because of their location, it isn't surprising that eastern Canada has been receiving their orders quicker than those of us towards the west coast.
    To say this has nothing to do with RIM is nothing short of ridiculous, i got to shop Blackberry from Blackberrys website, it had the Blackberry logo all over it and was the same design as the main Blackberry site.

And my PB had a return address on it of RIM, Haverhill MA.

So how on earth has RIM got nothing to do with all this ?
    12-17-11 10:39 PM
    It has everything to do with rim. You go to the site and it is run under contract from rim. Dosent matter its way to late and when it gets to my office its being sent back. I've gone on holiday and won't be back to even see it. But vegas has all but erased the crappy service I received from them. Actually vegas has erased a lot more than that.

12-18-11 01:46 AM
    Hi,
    Canada Post delivered the Playbook today Sunday.

Details below.
    Track History
    Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2011/12/18 08:24 CALGARY Item out for delivery
    2011/12/17 07:54 CALGARY Item processed at local delivery facility
    00:19 CALGARY Item processed at postal facility
    00:15 CALGARY Item processed at local delivery facility
    2011/12/16 13:34 CALGARY Order processed at postal facility
    2011/12/12 07:05 CALGARY Order information received by Canada Post

I hope you all receive your playbook soon.

Jimmy
    12-18-11 07:09 PM
    SBB refunded my $50 for Canadian 2 day shipping after it took 14 real life days to arrive.

The money has yet to actually show up on the credit card tho...
    its it automatic or you have to call/email bug them for it?
    12-19-11 11:38 AM

There are still some of us in Atlantic Canada who have not recieved our PBs Eastern Canadians had there parcels shipped from Fort Erie, ON to Halifax, NS and then onwards to buyer. I ordered on the 27th and have seen nothing yet...Trying to be patient but it is quite hard at this point.
    12-19-11 11:39 AM
    its it automatic or you have to call/email bug them for it?
    I asked for the refund.......
    12-19-11 11:46 AM
    There are still some of us in Atlantic Canada who have not recieved our PBs Eastern Canadians had there parcels shipped from Fort Erie, ON to Halifax, NS and then onwards to buyer. I ordered on the 27th and have seen nothing yet...Trying to be patient but it is quite hard at this point.
    Thank goodness mine arrived in the end,even though it was a day later than the tracking said.

Hope you get your pb soon,i am typing this on mine !!!
    12-19-11 11:49 AM
    I finally got mine today. What a relief...
    This has been the worst online shopping, while PB is lovely i wont recommend shopblackberry.com to anybody.
    12-19-11 01:46 PM
    I finally got mine today. What a relief...
    This has been the worst online shopping, while PB is lovely i wont recommend shopblackberry.com to anybody.
    Yeah i love my new PB, but i won't be ordering anything from any site run by Globalware ever again after the horrid experience of getting it.

Mine by the way is perfect, no dust under the screen, no Dead/Stuck pixels, just perfection.
    12-19-11 02:39 PM
460 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD