Not that it makes much differece but from the 24th till today is 14 bus days not including US thanksgiving.

So from the stated 1-2 days to ship and 5-7 they are more than late. And its still not there. But they did bill on the 2nd, no holding that up. Although my bank reversed those charges today.

Off on Holiday, Merry Christmas to everyone but Globalware.
    That sure sucks, i feel your pain.
    12-14-11 01:42 PM
    Sometimes it sucks to be me. I'm the kind of person that walks into Home Depot and spends 40 minutes wandering around looking for what I need, not bothering to find someone to ask to point me in the right direction. When I eventually realize that I am wasting my life pounding the aisles and decide to ask someone for help I'm usually standing right next to the bloody thing I'm looking for.

I just (15 minutes ago) sent another email to Mark Chequer asking him for more info for my delivery (he emailed me on Saturday telling me my order had shipped), then went upstairs to get my little bloke up from his afternoon nap I came downstairs a minute later and find my SBB order on my front porch.

So it's finally here (ordered 11/24), but so is the 32GB PB that I bought from Walmart a week ago when I figured that my SBB order might not make it for Christmas (the PB is supposed to be my Christmas gift from my family, and I didn't want to be the proxy for my wife's wrath towards SBB when there was nothing under the tree for me come December 25th).

I'm not sure if I want to return the SBB order (and potentially find out if it is harder to return something to them than it is to purchase something from them), return the 32GB to Walmart, or find someone to sell one of them to.

Anybody need an extra Playbook?
    12-14-11 03:10 PM
    I'm not sure if I want to return the SBB order (and potentially find out if it is harder to return something to them than it is to purchase something from them), return the 32GB to Walmart, or find someone to sell one of them to.

If you haven't opened the Walmart one yet, you may want to just return the Walmart one to Walmart. I can't see it as being easy to return to Globalware.
    12-14-11 03:58 PM
    Ordered November 25, like everyone else. got all the usual emails. no cancellations. never emailed or called them. waited patiently.

got the tracking email for Canada Post this morning:

Tracking Number
    559xxxxxxxxx04550
    Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.
    Track Status
    Product Type: Expedited Parcels
    Expected Delivery : 2011/12/13
    Reference Number 1: 57xxx25 O21xx59521

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2011/12/12 07:05 WINNIPEG Order information received by Canada Post

So apparently the most up to date information is that I shall have it yesterday.

good to know.
    12-14-11 04:43 PM
    I just got a tracking number from Mark Chequer, he has been amazingly helpful. So much easier to deal with then the customer service number.
    12-14-11 05:55 PM
    Sometimes it sucks to be me. I'm the kind of person that walks into Home Depot and spends 40 minutes wandering around looking for what I need, not bothering to find someone to ask to point me in the right direction. When I eventually realize that I am wasting my life pounding the aisles and decide to ask someone for help I'm usually standing right next to the bloody thing I'm looking for.

I just (15 minutes ago) sent another email to Mark Chequer asking him for more info for my delivery (he emailed me on Saturday telling me my order had shipped), then went upstairs to get my little bloke up from his afternoon nap I came downstairs a minute later and find my SBB order on my front porch.

So it's finally here (ordered 11/24), but so is the 32GB PB that I bought from Walmart a week ago when I figured that my SBB order might not make it for Christmas (the PB is supposed to be my Christmas gift from my family, and I didn't want to be the proxy for my wife's wrath towards SBB when there was nothing under the tree for me come December 25th).

DO NOT RETURN TO SBB! I sent mines back last week via USPS. I insured it (32gb 399.00) a notice was left since they were closed Saturday. I was told it would be delivered on Thursday. I checked online. USPS left a notice Saturday and it is still at the Post Office bc no one at sbb has picked it up. If no one picks it up within 15 days it will be sent back to me. It wasnt working properly and did not want to keep it. I called and emailed them about picking it up. I wanted to just ship it as a regular package (no signature) but this company's track record is horrible.
    12-14-11 06:17 PM
    I just got an email for my 2nd playbook I ordered on Dec 2nd. It was shipped by fedex and should deliver tomorrow.
    12-14-11 06:28 PM
    DO NOT RETURN TO SBB! I sent mines back last week via USPS. I insured it (32gb 399.00) a notice was left since they were closed Saturday. I was told it would be delivered on Thursday. I checked online. USPS left a notice Saturday and it is still at the Post Office bc no one at sbb has picked it up. If no one picks it up within 15 days it will be sent back to me. It wasnt working properly and did not want to keep it. I called and emailed them about picking it up. I wanted to just ship it as a regular package (no signature) but this company's track record is horrible.
    Wait... from the other thread, a few of us pointed out that the flashing red lines on the top left of the screen was the Playbook's notification system, not a dead pixel as you thought. Please don't suggest that a dead Playbook was sent to you when one wasn't. Globalware has already created a lot of mistrust and should only be called out for legitimate reasons. No need to fuel the flames.
    12-15-11 01:19 AM
    How many canadian who got their PB ? i mean go it right now?
    12-15-11 01:31 AM
    Ordered November 25, like everyone else. got all the usual emails. no cancellations. never emailed or called them. waited patiently.

got the tracking email for Canada Post this morning:

Tracking Number
    559xxxxxxxxx04550
    Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.
    Track Status
    Expected Delivery : 2011/12/13
    Reference Number 1: 57xxx25 O21xx59521

2011/12/12 07:05 WINNIPEG Order information received by Canada Post

So apparently the most up to date information is that I shall have it yesterday.

good to know.
    Got the same email, ordered 25th, says was processed 30th and shipped Dec 5th. Shipped via US post to canada post to.... we will see if it shows up at my door

is your tracking number working though, mine is not.

And as far as the emails and calls to them, if they actually answered the damn things and provided coherent answers other than "duhhh i dunno?!?" this whole process would o been better
    Last edited by Duffman19; 12-15-11 at 02:27 AM.
    12-15-11 02:20 AM
    Mine arrived yesterday via FEDEX, was ordered on Nov 25th.
    I am located north of Barrie ON
    smith543 likes this.
    12-15-11 02:52 AM
    I finally received an email re: tracking, however I only have a 7 digit reference number, however when I click the attached link, it says "no results found".

When clicking the link, I get a different 16 digit tracking number that shows up.

Anyone have experience with this format of tracking info? Any way of actually tracking it?

It was shipped on the 6th, and I'm in Toronto.
    12-15-11 06:32 AM
    Me !!! , ordered the 28th of Nov and arrived by Canada post on the 13th of Dec.
    smith543 likes this.
    12-15-11 06:54 AM
    It seems we all got the same email containing tracking number at the same time frame. I got mine this morning and surprisingly the tracking number link to Canada Post is actually giving real time information. What a relief!

Hope to play with my PB by tomorrow. Finger crossed!
    12-15-11 07:07 AM
    I received mine yesterday. It was shipped on Dec.1, got my tracking information Dec. 12 (showed that Canada Post received my order information on Dec. 9) and the package finally was delivered to Canada Post on the evening of Dec. 13 and then to me on Dec. 14. I am in Calgary, AB.
    12-15-11 07:16 AM
    It seems we all got the same email containing tracking number at the same time frame. I got mine this morning and surprisingly the tracking number link to Canada Post is actually giving real time information. What a relief!

Hope to play with my PB by tomorrow. Finger crossed!
    Did you get a 7 digit reference number? Or was it something different?
    12-15-11 07:19 AM
    Did you get a 7 digit reference number? Or was it something different?
    I got the 7 digits reference number as well as a link to tracking, which goes to Canada Post.

16 digits tracking number. Did you get your tracking number ?
    12-15-11 07:26 AM
    I got the 7 digits reference number as well as a link to tracking, which goes to Canada Post.

16 digits tracking number. Did you get your tracking number ?
    Yeah, but when I click the link, it takes me to canada post, where it says "no results found", using the 16 digit tracking #.

***EDIT***

Just checked the link again, and it worked! Says it will arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by prattski67; 12-15-11 at 08:00 AM.
    12-15-11 07:57 AM
    Yeah, but when I click the link, it takes me to canada post, where it says "no results found", using the 16 digit tracking #
    ***EDIT***

Same, numbers working. Expected Delivery Dec 21. Its in missisauga, I'm in vancouver so I expect it to take 1-2 business days. But I still am not satisfied. 21st makes it 19 business days. And I hope they require a signature. Its gonna get snatched fo sho in my neighbourhood
    12-15-11 10:42 AM
    Same, numbers working. Expected Delivery Dec 21. Its in missisauga, I'm in vancouver so I expect it to take 1-2 business days. But I still am not satisfied. 21st makes it 19 business days. And I hope they require a signature. Its gonna get snatched fo sho in my neighbourhood
    If its Canada post then they will just leave it on your step,Globalware sent the Playbooks to Canada using regular expedited parcel that requires NO signature at all !!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-15-11 10:56 AM
    I just got my tracking and this is what it looks like.

Track Status

Expected Delivery : 2011/12/22
    Reference Number 1: XXXXXX XXXXXXX
    2011/12/15 07:51 MISSISSAUGA Order information received by Canada Post

That expected delivery date is crazy. I live in Port Alberni, BC.

I first ordered on the 25th and told it was shipped out on the 5th.
    12-15-11 10:59 AM
    I still don't have my playbook and my original tracking information on Monday says that Winnipeg has still received notice of the order and it still is supposed to be delivered by the 13th.

I sent Mark Chequer an email yesterday providing notice that I would be initiating chargeback procedures.

I got an email back this morning with an apology and a tracking number that gives me the same info as some of you got - information received in Mississauga, due to be delivered by the 22nd.

So I emailed him back notifying him that unfortunately that this is unacceptable. Visa has informed me the funds will be back in my account by tomorrow morning. I informed Mr. Chequer that he should send me a pre-paid shipping box and I will gladly ship the thing back to him if and when it does arrive. At this point I will also be submitting him an invoice for all reasonable storage and handling fees associated with returning the thing to him.

Thanks Mr. Chequer. The staples manager tells me he'll have 16gb pb's in stock for 199 on the 26th. so not getting it on the 22, after having my credit card charged for 3 weeks isn't really the worst thing in the world.

M
    smith543 likes this.
    12-15-11 11:37 AM
    Yeah, but when I click the link, it takes me to canada post, where it says "no results found", using the 16 digit tracking #.

***EDIT***

That's great. Drop us a line when you finally receive it
    12-15-11 03:54 PM
    I ordered by Nov 24th and was cancelled also. After playing phone tag for a week today they charged by credit card for $220.00 Cdn. I thought when I ordered it the price was in canadian $199 - $10 coupon = $189.00 cdn and of course today's exchange is the highest

anyone canadian customers got it for $189 or less?
    I was able to get it for 189$+tax and I am from Montreal. But like I said in my previous post, I will send it back for refund because I was able to get it in store the day after I ordered online for 199$ at Staples. But they send me 2 boxes by mistake and only charged me for 1!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-15-11 04:07 PM
    Finally got my Playbook today 12/15/2011 I ordered it on 12/02/2011 I only received two emails, one confirming the order and the second to alert me to a 7 day delay. Customer service for SBB is totally useless in every way. The units are shipping from the United State 200 Ward Hill Avenue Haverhill, MA 01835. I'm glad I got my PB I hope it works because DO NOT want to do business with SBB EVER again. Good luck to the rest of the folks who didn't get their PB!
    12-15-11 06:05 PM
460 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD