My PB also arrived promptly today in the mailbox! For those who are curious in comparisons, I ordered on the 28th shipped the 2nd (USPS) and received no tracking information/progress till yesterday (Canada Post).

Don't lose hope! It seems like I was part of a bulk sent to Canada recently considering much of us received ours at similar times (same with tracking progress). This might be the case for future ones that are backlogged for whatever reason.

I have also heard that if your delivery status says "delivered" it might mean that the local postman marked it that way before doing his/her next rounds (for easier use). If that isn't the case you could try checking any other mail storage you have (security desk, mailbox, etc.) since it doesn't seem they always come to your door.

Not sure if that helps at all, but I wish you all good luck in this 'adventure'.
    Last edited by chronomatic; 12-13-11 at 04:57 PM.
    12-13-11 04:55 PM
    I'm in the same position. This whole shopblackberry.com is a cluster****. They give you "tracking numbers" that dont work. I've had emails from a couple people and they are form answers that spout the same line over and over.

I ordered mine on the 24th and they say in one email that it shipped on the 5th the next email says the 6th then 5 minutes later an email stating it will ship in 5-7 days.

They don't know jack and if they are in operation in 3 months I will be surprised. I sure hop the RIM person responsible for hiring these idiots was fired.

This is going to cost RIM alot more than the 450 million write off they just did. They are burning the bridge with respect to all the other products.

14 Bus days and counting for an order that said ships in 1-2.
    12-13-11 05:04 PM
    I ordered by Nov 24th and was cancelled also. After playing phone tag for a week today they charged by credit card for $220.00 Cdn. I thought when I ordered it the price was in canadian $199 - $10 coupon = $189.00 cdn and of course today's exchange is the highest

anyone canadian customers got it for $189 or less?
    12-13-11 05:25 PM
    Alright, well sooner or later this was going to explode. After an order being placed on November 24 and then having the order canceled on Monday, November 28. I have just spent 45 minutes talking to someone that has no idea of what customer service is. The order was canceled due to the "High Risk" that a computer software detected.

Now they state that the only way to comply with the order is to wire money or to send a certified check. REALLY? Is this the company RIM contracts to outsource their online business? This is simply ridiculous!
    12-13-11 05:29 PM
    Alright, well sooner or later this was going to explode. After an order being placed on November 24 and then having the order canceled on Monday, November 28. I have just spent 45 minutes talking to someone that has no idea of what customer service is. The order was canceled due to the "High Risk" that a computer software detected.

Now they state that the only way to comply with the order is to wire money or to send a certified check. REALLY? Is this the company RIM contracts to outsource their online business? This is simply ridiculous!
    I had the same problem. I ask the guy if i can use another Credit card and he said you can but you wont get the $199 discount. apparently my credit card company had a different phone number than the one i gave in the order that caused the freaking problem. Just call them back and stay on phone and tell the guy to resubmit your order to your credit card company and see it will be approved. just make sure your info on the order matches your credit card info
    12-13-11 06:09 PM
    I had the same problem. I ask the guy if i can use another Credit card and he said you can but you wont get the $199 discount. apparently my credit card company had a different phone number than the one i gave in the order that caused the freaking problem. Just call them back and stay on phone and tell the guy to resubmit your order to your credit card company and see it will be approved. just make sure your info on the order matches your credit card info
    ordered a 9900 and a 32gig pb through a friend of mine who works at RIM, still waiting on them, been about 2 weeks i believe since the order was placed in.
    12-13-11 06:25 PM
    ordered the 24th and just received today. Also received incorrect tracking information. Shopblackberry management better have some discussions about getting there products out there more organized. They new they were gonna discount the playbook and the sales were going to rise. A plan to effectively coordinate the sales could have been made.

This thing is pretty sweet though. I have an iPad 2 as well and already appreciate the playbook more.
    12-13-11 06:47 PM
    I ordered my 32gb PB on Nov 24th and after a couple of calls / emails it was in Canada Post's system Monday morning with the Date of Delivery listed as today. Do I have my PB ? No am i really surprised ? No (just fed up)
    12-13-11 09:10 PM
    I ordered my 32gb PB on Nov 24th and after a couple of calls / emails it was in Canada Post's system Monday morning with the Date of Delivery listed as today. Do I have my PB ? No am i really surprised ? No (just fed up)
    Mine arrived a day early,in fact i am typing on it right now!!!
    12-13-11 09:15 PM
    After 18 days, (11/25-12/13) I FINALLY received my PlayBook.

I live in California Btw...

This thing is awesome!

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon!
    chronomatic likes this.
    12-13-11 11:02 PM

This thing is awesome

Damn ! I hope I can say the same thing tomorrow - glad you got your PB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-11 11:21 PM

This thing is awesome!

Looks like I correctly predicted this outcome.. LOL...

11/26 only work day if the vendor didn't give their employees 2 days off for Thanksgiving
    11/28-12/2 5 day work week
    12/5-12/9 5 day work week
    12/12-12/13 2 day work days

13 business days total, which is 8 days to ship (1 day longer than they promised) and 5 days transit

Anyway, glad you got it!
    12-14-11 03:46 AM

Are you in canada? If so when did you order it and when you received it did you. Have to sign for it?

My location is Alabama.
    Order placed: 12/3/11
    Order confirmation email received: 12/3/11
    Playbook received: 12/12/11
    Confirmation email that PB has shipped: 12/14/11
    2nd confirmation email that PB has shipped: 6 minutes after the first one.

The system is most definitely dysfunctional.
    Good luck to everyone.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 07:18 AM
    I ordered one on 11/25/2011.
    Two weeks ago my order status change to SHIPPED.
    Call on their CS result nothing, saying that my order is in process and ready to ship. No tracking number, no estimation when it will be shipped nor when i will receive.
    Numerous email sent and got no reply.
    This is the worst online shopping i ever did.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 08:32 AM
    These people are liars and a Xmas surprise was ruined because of it.

I emailed the rep asking for a tracking number so I know I would be home when it was out for delivery. This is what I got from them:

"Your order has shipped and should be delivered by December 16th. The order was shipped via USPS and does not have a traceable tracking number until it has been delivered"

Of course it came yesterday when I wasn't home and my wife saw RIM and figured it out.

I get this email yesterday:

Here is the tracking information for your recent order. Thank you for ordering through Shopblackerry.com.

Order Number : SBBXXXXXXXXXX
    Reference Number : XXXXXXXXX
    PO Number :
    Received Date : Dec 07, 2011
    Shipped Date : Dec 07, 2011
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office
    USPS - Track & Confirm
    12-14-11 10:09 AM

I emailed the rep asking for a tracking number so I know I would be home when it was out for delivery. This is what I got from them:

"Your order has shipped and should be delivered by December 16th. The order was shipped via USPS and does not have a traceable tracking number until it has been delivered"

Of course it came yesterday when I wasn't home and my wife saw RIM and figured it out.

Here is the tracking information for your recent order. Thank you for ordering through Shopblackerry.com.

PO Number :
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office
    USPS - Track & Confirm
    You know what's worse than a ruined surprise? Having to give an IOU as a gift if it doesn't arrive in time, which is where I'm currently at.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:20 AM
    This Mark guy cant help or Chris or any one of this dysfunctional company. He was made aware I was leaving town tomorrow morning 10 bus days ago. I was told buy many it will make it. Still no PB. But just last night (7 pm) after I called to get an RMA to have an employee send it back if it ever gets here they call and leave a message offering to fedex one overnight. Nice they waited until after it could actually be sent overnight. Now I go on holiday for 4 weeks and Rim has lost not just a sale on the PB but I will never buy a phone with RIM on it again.

It would have been nice to use with Bridge but the new Ipad will have to do.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 10:33 AM

PO Number :
    Shipped Via :
    US Post Office
    USPS - Track & Confirm
    Are you writing to the right thread? Yours arrived, unexpectedly early, and you're mad?

If you must have the surprise, may I suggest:

1. Shipping it to your office
    2. Pay for shipping to get tracking
    12-14-11 11:26 AM

It does suck that the surprise was ruined, but you should be happy it arrived. There are many disgruntled people here who didn't get theirs yet.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 11:30 AM
    This Mark guy cant help or Chris or any one of this dysfunctional company. He was made aware I was leaving town tomorrow morning 10 bus days ago. I was told buy many it will make it. Still no PB. But just last night (7 pm) after I called to get an RMA to have an employee send it back if it ever gets here they call and leave a message offering to fedex one overnight. Nice they waited until after it could actually be sent overnight. Now I go on holiday for 4 weeks and Rim has lost not just a sale on the PB but I will never buy a phone with RIM on it again.

It would have been nice to use with Bridge but the new Ipad will have to do.
    Perspective:

You ordered a Playbook, during a sale frenzy, during a holiday season, on a deadline and didn't want to pay for expedited shipping. The vendor and their representatives shouldn't have promised you that it should arrive on time. They should have offered you expedited shipping for a price. Had you refused, then it would be your fault, unequivocally. You waited patiently on the chance that it would arrive on time. It didn't and they went out of their way to offer overnight shipping (perhaps free even?!) but it was too late for your needs.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 11:40 AM
    Perspective:

You ordered a Playbook, during a sale frenzy, during a holiday season, on a deadline and didn't want to pay for expedited shipping. The vendor and their representatives shouldn't have promised you that it should arrive on time. They should have offered you expedited shipping for a price. Had you refused, then it would be your fault, unequivocally. You waited patiently on the chance that it would arrive on time. It didn't and they went out of their way to offer overnight shipping (perhaps free even?!) but it was too late for your needs.
    I ordered a PB when it was stated on the website 1-2 days to ship. Shipping was stated as 5 -7 bus days. So delivery on the 5th to the 7th is expected. Here we are on the 14th. I would have paid for expedited but would you if you read the site and it said the timelines above?

There are posts on here from people who did pay for 2 day shipping and still have no idea where their order is.

The emails I have from these idiots prove they are incompetent. What good is overnight shipping when they call and offer that at 7:30 pm at an office? They still can't tell me if it has even left the building. No tracking number, nothing.

In the end I have purchased a new Ipad 2 cost more and bigger but it will do. The PB will be refused when delivered.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 11:54 AM
    Perspective:

I DID pay for express shipping and my order was sent in a way that took 13 days !!

I have supposedly got a refund for the $50 extra i oaid but it has yet to show up on the credit card that it has been returned.
    12-14-11 11:57 AM
    I ordered a PB when it was stated on the website 1-2 days to ship. Shipping was stated as 5 -7 bus days. So delivery on the 5th to the 7th is expected. Here we are on the 14th. I would have paid for expedited but would you if you read the site and it said the timelines above?
    If I was in a hurry I would... shipping time + transit time + lead time to prep the device before the trip. But of course, I speak from experience. I had ordered a camera before a trip, relying on free shipping and it did arrive in time, the day of the trip. I had no time to prep the camera.

Given that you had 10 days before the trip and based on the website, "worst case" of 9 days, then you're right, you didn't need expedited shipping.

There are posts on here from people who did pay for 2 day shipping and still have no idea where their order is.
    On those orders, they really screwed up.

Of course, during the Touchpad frenzy, some buyers took advantage of vendors that shipped expedited first. These buyers ordered later than everyone else, paid for expedited shipping, and got their Touchpads instead of people who ordered earlier but had their orders canceled because of out-of-stock, once their orders were finally gotten to.

As a buyer, do you want the vendor to honor time-of-order or expedited first? Seems like Globalware honors time-of-order.

The emails I have from these idiots prove they are incompetent. What good is overnight shipping when they call and offer that at 7:30 pm at an office? They still can't tell me if it has even left the building. No tracking number, nothing.
    On another thread, someone reported that their emails were answered 5-8 days after they were emailed, which means that whoever is answering the emails is 5-8 days behind, which is understandable since it's one mailbox with thousands of people flooding it multiple times.

They called you to offer free overnight shipping?!

Free shipping is often without tracking.

In the end I have purchased a new Ipad 2 cost more and bigger but it will do. The PB will be refused when delivered.
    Use what suits you best.
    12-14-11 12:56 PM
    I DID pay for express shipping and my order was sent in a way that took 13 days !!

I have supposedly got a refund for the $50 extra i oaid but it has yet to show up on the credit card that it has been returned.
    I suspect Globalware honors time-of-order before expedited, given how time to ship has been going.

Hope you get your refund soon.
    12-14-11 12:59 PM
    Not that it makes much differece but from the 24th till today is 14 bus days not including US thanksgiving.

So from the stated 1-2 days to ship and 5-7 they are more than late. And its still not there. But they did bill on the 2nd, no holding that up. Although my bank reversed those charges today.

Off on Holiday, Merry Christmas to everyone but Globalware.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-14-11 01:30 PM
460 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD