Congrats, good to know some of these seem to be alive or something! Out of curiousity, did they give you a tracking number earlier? What'd you do to make them budge/reply?

Seems kind of confusing for me--I couldn't weed out a single bit of useful information out of them besides "it's shipped, wait more". Considering we ordered roughly on the same day and are also in Canada it'd be interesting to see how the results vary.
    OK try this......

If you have one of those tracking numbers with an underscore in it, go to Canada posts website, go to tracking, click on "Track by reference number " then put in the code with the underscore, but delete the underscore add a space and add a capital letter " O " in front of the second set of numbers so that the format looks like this.

xxxxxxx Oxxxxxxxx

See if this brings up your tracking info when put in the "Track by reference number " box.
    12-10-11 10:49 PM
    OK try this......

If you have one of those tracking numbers with an underscore in it, go to Canada posts website, go to tracking, click on "Track by reference number " then put in the code with the underscore, but delete the underscore add a space and add a capital letter " O " in front of the second set of numbers so that the format looks like this.

xxxxxxx Oxxxxxxxx

See if this brings up your tracking info when put in the "Track by reference number " box.
    OMG that worked. Thanks. Expected Delivery this Monday!
    Willard814 and cogsinister like this.
    12-10-11 11:14 PM
    OMG that worked. Thanks. Expected Delivery this Monday!
    Great, now lets hope they actually arrive !!!!!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:16 PM
    OK try this......

xxxxxxx Oxxxxxxxx

I put my reference into the Canada Post tracking and nothing found. Then I tried every letter of the alphabet and still nothing.

Maybe mine hasn't made it into Canada yet.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:20 PM
    I put my reference into the Canada Post tracking and nothing found. Then I tried every letter of the alphabet and still nothing.

I bet they only update the info every 24 hours ( at the most ) try again this time tomorrow.

And i bet its not updated at all at weekends.
    chronomatic and Willard814 like this.
    12-10-11 11:22 PM
    I logged in and I see that now the Globalware site is saying 7-14 business days!! That would explain why I haven't seen anything yet (ordered Nov.28) but an email follow-up would have been nice!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:31 PM
    I logged in and I see that now the Globalware site is saying 7-14 business days!! That would explain why I haven't seen anything yet (ordered Nov.28) but an email follow-up would have been nice!!!!
    7 to 14 hells bells !!!!!!!
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:47 PM
    OK try this......

xxxxxxx Oxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tip--it's great to know that this can actually be used!

I did get the same issue as well, I'd say your deduction is right and so is cogsinister's suggestion. Other than that thank god there appears to be some way of tracking things.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 04:48 AM
    Well that pretty much settles it. I'll have no choice but to dispute their charge to my CC if I don't get my PB next week. This complete lack of communication on their end is completely unacceptable.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-11-11 06:47 AM
    Please note that this is the most up-to-date information available in our system. Our telephone agents have access to the same information presented here.
    Track Status

Product Type: Expedited Parcels
    Expected Delivery : 2011/12/12
    Reference Number 1: 5700xxxxxxxxx9283

Date Time Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name
    2011/12/08 07:08 HALIFAX Order information received by Canada Post

YAY !!!!
    Any further updates on this? It is an odd tracking result, as there is no customs or prior destinations in the tracking.

For regular mail, the first result you have just signifies a shipping label has been printed, though it may mean this is when the paperwork gets transferred to Canada Post by United Parcel service. I don't doubt we are getting our PlayBooks, but everything about the ordering, shipping, and tracking process of Globalware is different that what we are used to.

You probably shouldn't expect delivery of it until is shows up at your local sorting station, and then the next scan is out for delivery. Since it is not at the sorting station yet, unless the tracking has changed since your post, I can't see you getting it Monday. The routing seems odd to be starting in Halifax unless Globalware got the Halifax Rim office to ship you one.
    Last edited by robsteve; 12-11-11 at 08:43 AM.
    12-11-11 08:41 AM
    Any further updates on this? It is an odd tracking result, as there is no customs or prior destinations in the tracking.

For regular mail, though this may be different, the first result you have just signifies a shipping label has been printed, though it may mean this is when it gets transferred to Canada Post by United Parcel service. I don't doubt we are getting our PlayBooks, but everything about the ordering, shipping, and tracking process of Globalware is different that what we are used to.

You probably shouldn't expect delivery of it until is shows up at your local sorting station, and then the next scan is out for delivery. Since it is not at the sorting station yet, unless the tracking has changes since, I can't see you getting it Monday. I don't know the routing, as it seems odd to be starting in Halifax unless Globalware got the Halifax Rim office to ship you one.
    I was wondering why the tracking seems to start at Halifax why would anything coming across from the US and going to New Brunswick go to Halifax ?, i don't think i have ever had a delivery go through there.

It says expected delivery Monday, so i expect it Monday.

I find the tracking info on Canada post to be pretty useless, it probably wont update until well after its delivered.

I have not checked it this morning, hang on......nope just the same, i will try again tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by cogsinister; 12-11-11 at 08:53 AM.
    12-11-11 08:48 AM
    what was the email you used to send to them. Let me give it a try, even though its probably useless. And I agree completely with what you mean by saying it isn't worth the savings

P.S. by the way if i go your route of refusing the package at the door. Will they charge my credit card again for..lets say shipping it back to shopblackberry? because they have my credit card info so i'm pretty much at their mercy...
    I would just keep the PB and never do business with SBB again, they have no idea of how company collaboration works. The customer service dept which is center to a business and should have contact with all other depts of the business including the executives. SBB not so much. Call the new number 1(888)805-6789 I got right through to a few nice reps that appeared to be throw into this cluster**** without a heads up! They can at the very least confirm status and that's not 100% reliable. I've just been waiting patiently for mine to arrive, I look at it this way eventually I will get a great tablet for an amazing price. Some of these post are quite entertaining to see people freaking out over their order that is a few days later than most online order shipping times. I can't remember who but some guy was so pissed off he may have needed medical attention. lol I mean it's not like these guys are gonna create some ground breaking quantum physics equation and save the world with a PB. lmao I mean really...
    12-11-11 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the tip--it's great to know that this can actually be used!

I did get the same issue as well, I'd say your deduction is right and so is cogsinister's suggestion. Other than that thank god there appears to be some way of tracking things.
    Mine was supposedly mailed out on the 5th and no Canada tracking yet. Maybe there will be a big status update tomorrow.

*holds breath >>> passes out from previous breath holding*

Even the FEDEX tracking hasn't updated for a while. That is supposed to be here Monday.
    Last edited by The_Adventist; 12-11-11 at 03:21 PM.
    12-11-11 03:17 PM
    Anybody from Toronto area that had their order ship on the 5th of Dec been able to track their package through Canada Post yet?

xxxxxxx Oxxxxxxxx
    12-11-11 03:45 PM
    Well I just received an email with a working tracking # through Canada Post a few minutes ago. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands on the 13th which is the expected delivery day. I still don't like shopbb for all the crap they've pulled but at least I'll be getting what I paid for.
    12-11-11 05:04 PM
    *** Update ***

My Dec 2 reorder that was cancelled from Nov 24 has moved.

Now it left at 4:52PM and it is supposed to me in my hands in 24 hours (I'm in the Peterborough, Ontario, Canada area). I'm sorry but LOL I can't see that happening.

Dec 11, 2011 4:52 PM
    Departed FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN
    12-11-11 05:47 PM
    *** Update ***

My Dec 2 reorder that was cancelled from Nov 24 has moved.

Now it left at 4:52PM and it is supposed to me in my hands in 24 hours (I'm in the Peterborough, Ontario, Canada area). I'm sorry but LOL I can't see that happening.

Dec 11, 2011 4:52 PM
    Departed FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN
    It WILL happen, it WILL happen repeat after me !
    12-11-11 05:52 PM
    Well I just received an email with a working tracking # through Canada Post a few minutes ago. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands on the 13th which is the expected delivery day. I still don't like shopbb for all the crap they've pulled but at least I'll be getting what I paid for.
    Well I'll never see an email from SBBCA on my first order because they never *breath* sent me a "we finally got off our *** and shipped your device and here is your bogus tracking number" email so I don't expect to get one now.
    12-11-11 05:55 PM
    Well I'll never see an email from SBBCA on my first order because they never *breath* sent me a "we finally got off our *** and shipped your device and here is your bogus tracking number" email so I don't expect to get one now.
    SBB support out of the Blue JUST sent me the same tracking number that Mark sent me on Saturday.
    12-11-11 06:00 PM
    Weird, some people on redflagdeals forums have said they received there playbooks from Canada Post today. Sadly I'm not one of the lucky ones. Since when does mail deliver on sundays?
    12-11-11 06:07 PM
    Weird, some people on redflagdeals forums have said they received there playbooks from Canada Post today. Sadly I'm not one of the lucky ones. Since when does mail deliver on sundays?
    They do not, well not here in New Brunswick they don't.
    12-11-11 06:09 PM
    Mine was supposedly mailed out on the 5th and no Canada tracking yet. Maybe there will be a big status update tomorrow.

*holds breath >>> passes out from previous breath holding*

Even the FEDEX tracking hasn't updated for a while. That is supposed to be here Monday.
    I certainly hope so too. Mine supposedly shipped on the 2nd but there has been no word on anything and was using USPS over fedex. I wonder if this is some strange "trial by fire" before you know your PB is about to arrive.

As I haven't been given any information whatsoever I'm wondering if things will miraculously be okay or if I too will have to go through this. Certainly a lot of hoops we have to jump through just to know things are moving!
    12-11-11 06:15 PM
    .... order because they never *breath* sent me a "we finally got off our *** and shipped your.
    I got censored! Me. The Adventist.
    12-11-11 06:23 PM
    I received this email from Mark

"I am very sorry for the poor responsiveness from the call center and the delay in shipping your order. Your order was shipped on 12/5, we do not yet have tracking information, but once we have tracking information it will be sent to you.

Mark Chequer
    CIO - Globalware Solutions, Inc."

I asked him if my order had been shipped and if they had a tracking number.
    Last edited by Tman1988; 12-11-11 at 06:52 PM.
    12-11-11 06:47 PM
    I certainly hope so too. Mine supposedly shipped on the 2nd but there has been no word on anything and was using USPS over fedex. I wonder if this is some strange "trial by fire" before you know your PB is about to arrive.

As I haven't been given any information whatsoever I'm wondering if things will miraculously be okay or if I too will have to go through this. Certainly a lot of hoops we have to jump through just to know things are moving!
    what time on the 2nd did your pb ship out and where are you located?
    12-11-11 07:14 PM
460 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD